Darlington (Goodyear 400) Pre-Race Thread

"Another backup!?" - HMS engineers and mechanics:
EwpuN0QXIAIiM72.jpeg

1 backup car for an entire 4 car organization at Darlington lol

The parts manufacturers were limiting last I heard. Frustrating that they won't tell you what's happening. NOT a death-bedder issue like some say. It's facts we want.
I just looked and didn't realize how close the track is to the shops. If you need another car I'd be preparing it at the shop and bringing it down

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

yes,really dumb,one backup per organization.if you have 1 or 4 cars.not sure what nascar is thinking
Reduce owner’s operating costs ... they went down this path on purpose.

1/3 of the way into their first Next Gen season ... get used to it.

yes,really dumb,one backup per organization.if you have 1 or 4 cars.not sure what nascar is thinking
They're 2 hours from the shop this week and nascar has told them they can get a backup from any organization of the same manufacturer. Heck Ford and chevy have access to a whole fleet of backup cars

So really Toyota is the only one in a tight spot if they wreck 2 cars in practice.

They're 2 hours from the shop this week and nascar has told them they can get a backup from any organization of the same manufacturer. Heck Ford and chevy have access to a whole fleet of backup cars

So really Toyota is the only one in a tight spot if they wreck 2 cars in practice.

wow,thats cool

How do you figure? Do you or anybody else have a Toyota car count? How come nobody is complaining but R-F posters? lol

How do you figure? Do you or anybody else have a Toyota car count? How come nobody is complaining but R-F posters? lol
What are you even talking about? Unless JGR started bringing more backups to the track Toyota has 2 at track backups. One at JGR (when the #18 wrecked in practice earlier this year they made it clear they only had the one backup) and one at 23XI. How many they have back at the shop isn't really relevant to this conversation.

What are you even talking about? Unless JGR started bringing more backups to the track Toyota has 2 at track backups. One at JGR (when the #18 wrecked in practice earlier this year they made it clear they only had the one backup) and one at 23XI. How many they have back at the shop isn't really relevant to this conversation.

How many do they have this week? Anybody run out of back up cars for the race tomorrow?

Teams are building out cars every day.

The limit is 7 per franchise. None of this is news.

I'm just going by the bell cow myself. If there was a car shortage they wouldn't be able to shut Hamlin up. Harvick wouldn't be far behind.

Yeah we are all gobsmacked about it.
If it was altering a body panel or suspension part you wouldnt be looking at losing a car chief and pit stall I can tell you that. Evidently you havent been paying attention to Trackhouse, Kaulig,Petty/GMS among others. They have been busting the big boys Fanny quite often. Thats not happening with last years car and rules.

If it was altering a body panel or suspension part you wouldnt be looking at losing a car chief and pit stall I can tell you that. Evidently you havent been paying attention to Trackhouse, Kaulig,Petty/GMS among others. They have been busting the big boys Fanny quite often. Thats not happening with last years car and rules.
This wasnt directed at you Standonit. It was in reply to wi_racefan's comments on the pre qualifier failures.

This looks incredibly sexy, looks better now than when Jeff ran this scheme from 01-08
1651970984872.png

Yeah, Nascar designed the car with years of accumulated knowledge as to where the bucks were going that separated the haves from the have nots. Penske quoted some outlandish prices on what it was costing for all of the various uprights the teams were making for specific tracks and track specific cars. Way overboard. The new car proves that.

Will be interesting to see how viewership is today. Didn't realize it was basically right against the F1 race in Miami.

Maybe nascar isn't worried about it but a 1pm start time would have given them a nice jump on this deal.

Will be interesting to see how viewership is today. Didn't realize it was basically right against the F1 race in Miami.

Maybe nascar isn't worried about it but a 1pm start time would have given them a nice jump on this deal.
I guess since the weather isn't going to be an issue today, we had to find a different reason to fret about the start times. Is counter-programming the best we could do? If so, F1 isn't squat compared to the viewers lost when the NFL starts.

It's 2022; sports fans have DVRs. Record the one you're least likely to have spoiled, watch the other live.

It's 2022; sports fans have DVRs. Record the one you're least likely to have spoiled, watch the other live.

It's also 2022 and I can't belive that when you have two, and only two, major motorsports events on the same day in the same market that the two sanctioning bodies couldn't work together for the benefit of both. I think how the indy 500 and the 600 do it makes a perfect day. Heck even NBC and fox finally realized it's better to work together than against one another when it comes to broadcasts.

I can't belive ... the two sanctioning bodies couldn't work together for the benefit of both.
F1 barely works with its own teams.

Miami will be over while there's at least 90 minutes of Darlington left. From what little I read this morning about practice in Miami, the track is single-groove with only a couple of good passing zones. If that's the case, people will be switching over before it's over anyway. (Assuming there's much overlap between the TV audiences of the two forms of racing.)

Back
Top Bottom