Darlington RACE thread ---

I know Stewart came away with a top 10, but he didn't have a top 10 car. He was 20th at best. It's disappointing to see a driver of his level running back there.

Salvaging a good finish is the name of the game..Check out Carl's finish 13th. great for what he had to race with. The good drivers know how to dig when it is digging time. Hamlin on the other hand, not only got it for speeding when he was up towards the front, but then he gets involved in a wreck and falls further back..talk about digging a hole for yourself.

Can you just imagine a GWC at Homestead while Jr's leading -- and the GWC results in Jimmie winning #7?

image.jpg

Dillon and Larson were equally impressive in last night's race. Even though they have different driving styles, they both get results.

One thing about last nights race..I liked how DP raced. She mixed it up and was aggressive!

I noticed Fri night at a restaurant/bar that i have dinner at a couple nights a week that they had just hung a replica of Kevin Harvicks Budweiser hood on the wall.

Yea, and how is NASCAR going to enforce this rule? Earnhardt could've easily claim that he had a bad restart.

Dale had a chance to take the lead, he did and it was the right thing to do.
His first responsibility is to take care of the 88, not the 48.

Congratulations to Toyota and Ford, they both managed to get a car in the top 10.
The Ford even got a top 5.

That was a fine race and enjoyed watching it even if it did hold my post count down. Smoke pulled a T-10 out of the hat that moved into the 12th spot in points but he seriously needs to get things sorted out.

11 for 50 laps: Laps: 42-46 (#83 accident turn 3 [17]); 60-63 (#32 accident turn 3 [10]); 94-99 (#7 accident turn 2 [36]); 126-130 (#26 accident turn 1 [36]);
202-207 (#27 accident turn 1 [None]); 223-226 (#43 spin turn 2 [1]); 248-251 (Debris [47]); 273-278 (Debris [99]); 359-362 (Fluid on track [3]); 366-368
(Debris [17]); 370-372 (#41, #15 accident backstretch [10]).

From Jayski

not debris.. not a tire rub conspiracy caution...

That was a fine race and enjoyed watching it even if it did hold my post count down. Smoke pulled a T-10 out of the hat that moved into the 12th spot in points but he seriously needs to get things sorted out.
Yeah I was surprised to see that at the end. Good for him but yeah he needs some speed the only good finishes hes had were pit calls and this one I think.

Yeah I was surprised to see that at the end. Good for him but yeah he needs some speed the only good finishes hes had were pit calls and this one I think.

He had a great car in Texass until the darned ole sun came out. It's been good racing this year on all fronts, it may even get more wild after the halfway point with desperate drivers digging for a win to get in.

11 for 50 laps: Laps: 42-46 (#83 accident turn 3 [17]); 60-63 (#32 accident turn 3 [10]); 94-99 (#7 accident turn 2 [36]); 126-130 (#26 accident turn 1 [36]);
202-207 (#27 accident turn 1 [None]); 223-226 (#43 spin turn 2 [1]); 248-251 (Debris [47]); 273-278 (Debris [99]); 359-362 (Fluid on track [3]); 366-368
(Debris [17]); 370-372 (#41, #15 accident backstretch [10]).

From Jayski

not debris.. not a tire rub conspiracy caution...

Maybe someone pee peed themselves and wet the track down, surprised the didn't bring out the big blow machine.

He had a great car in Texass until the darned ole sun came out. It's been good racing this year on all fronts, it may even get more wild after the halfway point with desperate drivers digging for a win to get in.
Yeah he's always come on strong as the year goes on. I wouldn't be too worried yet.

Maybe someone pee peed themselves and wet the track down, surprised the didn't bring out the big blow machine.

Oil....

Logano Twitter page says:

Joey Logano‏@joeylogano11 hrs
Caution - Logano thinks something wrong with car, says scraping the track pretty hard. Needs to pit. #TeamJL

I still don't know what went on there :confused:

Pockrass said the official reason for the caution for Logano was "debris" and he dropped out because the hub was broke.

Amazing how we have so many different stories here. Maybe it's as simple as NASCAR threw the caution entirely too quick because it manufactured a dramatic finish.

Pockrass said the official reason for the caution for Logano was "debris" and he dropped out because the hub was broke.

Amazing how we have so many different stories here. Maybe it's as simple as NASCAR threw the caution entirely too quick because it manufactured a dramatic finish.

Pockrass? You know better than that.

The unofficial reason is in the unofficial race report which Slice posted...fluid on the track.

That same report says front hub for the #22.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pockrass? You know better than that.

The unofficial reason is in the unofficial race report which Slice postsed...fluid on the track.

That same report says front hub for the #22.

Where were the cleanup crews? LOL.

Regardless, I'm fine with late race cautions as long as NASCAR does it every race and calls them what they are - competition cautions.

Where were the cleanup crews? LOL.

Regardless, I'm fine with late race cautions as long as NASCAR does it every race and calls them what they are - competition cautions.

That I don't know as I'm usually not paying attention during caution laps so I can't speak on that.

Next question: Was anyone actually surprised there was a late race caution?

I'm with you, Andy.

Fabricated, late race cautions that have no other purpose than to bunch up the field suck big time.

But IMO, the cautions at the end of last night's race appeared to be legitimate.

[quoteAndyMarquisLive, post: 761315, member: 4533"]Where were the cleanup crews? LOL.

Regardless, I'm fine with late race cautions as long as NASCAR does it every race and calls them what they are - competition cautions.[/quote]
GWC Competiton Cautions

GWC Competiton Cautions

We don't need a G-W-C every race. NASCAR's taking the "Sprint" sponsorship and the "game seven" stuff Brian France talks about a little too seriously. If we're going to do this every week, let's just write a rule mandating it and get it over with.

No --- and not because I thought NASCAR wanted to create drama. The crazed way everyone was going for position made me feel like something was going to happen close to the end.

LOL, a car spun and blocked pit road for an entire lap and NASCAR didn't throw a caution. But something, anything, late in a race and NASAR wastes no time throwing the caution.

Congratulations to Toyota and Ford, they both managed to get a car in the top 10.
The Ford even got a top 5.
Toyota actually had two cars in the Top 10: Kenseth finished 4th and Kyle finished 6th.

Besides, having most of the cars in the top 10 for Chevy isn't hard to do when 23 of the 43 cars in the field were Chevrolets, with Ford and Toyota at 10 apiece.

We don't need a G-W-C every race. NASCAR's taking the "Sprint" sponsorship and the "game seven" stuff Brian France talks about a little too seriously. If we're going to do this every week, let's just write a rule mandating it and get it over with.

It sure seems like it sometimes, as if everything except, say, the last 10 laps of a race are run just to determine the order of the late race restart.

I'm still amazed at how hard the race leaders run sometimes early in the race when they go to the trouble of opening a large gap to the second place car.

Why not just maintain the leader position until that next inevitable caution bunches everyone up ?

It sure seems like it sometimes, as if everything except, say, the last 10 laps of a race are run just to determine the order of the late race restart.

I'm still amazed at how hard the race leaders run sometimes early in the race when they go to the trouble of opening a large gap to the second place car.

Why not just maintain the leader position until that next inevitable caution bunches everyone up ?

NASCAR should throw a caution with 10 laps to go and invert a certain number of cars for a shootout. While at it, let the fans vote on the number of cars that will be inverted during the race.

I snark about this stuff but good grief, it's become totally snarkworthy. I snarked about wake me up for the green-white-checkered. This stuff would be more exciting if it wasn't so predictable.

NASCAR should throw a caution with 10 laps to go and invert a certain number of cars for a shootout. While at it, let the fans vote on the number of cars that will be inverted during the race.

I snark about this stuff but good grief, it's become totally snarkworthy. I snarked about wake me up for the green-white-checkered. This stuff would be more exciting if it wasn't so predictable.
I totally agree, Brian McMahon was at it again last night. The last two cautions were just ridiculous. I guess the "Game 7" crap just for the championship isn't good enough, it has to apply to each of the individual races as well.

Eight races in and Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth both still have a worst finish of only 13th.

Back
Top Bottom