Days of Thunder 2

this guy needs to be in it

1688149451714.png

I wonder who some of the young drivers will be. And cameos of other NASCAR celebrities. This is like the right window to make it before everybody that remembers the first is too old.

Quote from Days of Thunder 2

Harry Hogge: Cole, you're wandering all over the track!
Cole Trickle: Yeah, well I'm 60 years old, that happens, and that son of a bitch just slammed into me.
Harry Hogge: No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... wait, I forgot what we were talking about..

No thanks
It was a BS racing moving they should do all the scenes in arcade to match the garbage and they shouldn't soil Trickles name with their lame unrealistic shiet

Aside that I am in with it.
Kewl stuff

Honestly though, I just want a movie that takes NASCAR seriously. I feel like the original Days of Thunder did that well.

Talladega Nights being the most famous NASCAR movie is a shame. It’s funny but it pretty much makes fun of NASCAR.
It's not really making fun of of NASCAR tbh. It's just a satire of America in the late 2000s. Unfortunately the director thinks he's brighter than he is and each of his movies has got worse.

Don’t know how much of a source that tweet was but…this is the Tom Cruise sequel I’ve wanted. Cole Trickle’s story can go any one of a few ways:

legendary driving career turns owner who mentors next great talent on his team(think current day Jeff Gordon)

His Daytona 500 win didn’t amount to much and he flammed out in his nascar career (Derrick Cope/Trevor Bayne)

Last of the successful veteran drivers that is looking for one last shot at glory (think current MTJ/current Harvick/2009 Mark Martin/2015 JG. I know Cruise is almost 60 but if anyone can play a role that’s supposed to be 10 years younger it’s him.)

Quote from Days of Thunder 2

Harry Hogge: Cole, you're wandering all over the track!
Cole Trickle: Yeah, well I'm 60 years old, that happens, and that son of a bitch just slammed into me.
Harry Hogge: No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... wait, I forgot what we were talking about..
This hits too close to home...

Maverick was fun but not life changing. I’d be happy to see a Days of Thunder with Cruise as in the role of Crew Chief developing his rookie. But I’d prefer he not then miraculously slide behind the wheel and win the big race…unless he does it in a slot canyon where he has to navigate a 2 meter opening. In which case he should finish by hauling out a light saber and waving it over his head in celebration.

this guy needs to be in it

View attachment 71437
Robert Duvall is a great actor and a true treasure. He would definitely class up a Days of Thunder 2 movie.

I dont know much he would be up for at 92 years of age. But the biggest impediment is that after 7 decades of being an actor, he is now a resident of Virgina. Virgina is a great state and all that stuff, and they could probably be some way to make it happen.

But Virgina is also 0a Commonwealth state. Hopefully you do realize that 15 minutes of commentary would have to added to the opennng of ecery nascar race scene associated with a CommonWealth state. Cause everytime they have a race in a CommonWealth state thats what they do. It must be a law somewhere.

So if Days of Thunder 2 has 4 race scenes they will probably do an hours worth of the CommonWealth Yapage just about it being a CommonWealth state.

It will very taxing on the production cost.

Maverick was fun but not life changing.

It was one of the best movies of the year. I was blown away by the visual effects and sound, damn good plot though. The movie had a ton of heart. I thought it was better than all the other Best Picture nominees I watched last year except Everything Everywhere All At Once.

It was one of the best movies of the year. I was blown away by the visual effects and sound, damn good plot though. The movie had a ton of heart. I thought it was better than all the other Best Picture nominees I watched last year except Everything Everywhere All At Once.
I saw all the nominees. Best picture is an opinion. It was fun. It also borrowed heavily from Star Wars but that’s okay it was nostalgic. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

Robert Duvall is a great actor and a true treasure. He would definitely class up a Days of Thunder 2 movie.

I dont know much he would be up for at 92 years of age. But the biggest impediment is that after 7 decades of being an actor, he is now a resident of Virgina. Virgina is a great state and all that stuff, and they could probably be some way to make it happen.

But Virgina is also 0a Commonwealth state. Hopefully you do realize that 15 minutes of commentary would have to added to the opennng of ecery nascar race scene associated with a CommonWealth state. Cause everytime they have a race in a CommonWealth state thats what they do. It must be a law somewhere.

So if Days of Thunder 2 has 4 race scenes they will probably do an hours worth of the CommonWealth Yapage just about it being a CommonWealth state.

It will very taxing on the production cost.

Forget he was just recently in the movie Hustle.

Honestly though, I just want a movie that takes NASCAR seriously. I feel like the original Days of Thunder did that well.

Talladega Nights being the most famous NASCAR movie is a shame. It’s funny but it pretty much makes fun of NASCAR.

I think it pokes more fun at North Carolina to be honest

I saw all the nominees. Best picture is an opinion. It was fun. It also borrowed heavily from Star Wars but that’s okay it was nostalgic. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

The mission was secondary, which is how it differed from the first movie. Nostalgia was a big part of its success, but there are also A LOT of people who didn't like the first movie, or thought it was only okay, who thought Maverick was a great film. And critics almost universally agreed Maverick was a Best Picture contender.

Keep in mind, TAR and The Banshees of Inisherin didn't win a single Oscar this year, despite being conventional Oscar-winning type films.

Honestly though, when I watched TAR, I felt like that movie was made with the sole purpose of winning an Oscar - and the only thing that made that movie watchable, for me, is Cate Blanchett.

I don't get the pretentious attitude towards Days of Thunder.

It's a fine movie that, while over the top (as is the case for action movies and "racing" movies in general), captures the heart of stock car racing moreso than it gets credit for.

There are better scripted racing dramas for sure. Rush, which is a criminally underrated film, Ford v Ferarri, The Last American Hero, Heart Like A Wheel... but Days of Thunder is fine.

I don't hate Talladega Nights, but I do hate its cultural impact. It reinforced the "redneck" stereotype at a time that NASCAR was really shedding that label, while also giving us "If YoU AiNt FiRsT yOuRe LaSt."

The made for TV movie Steel Charriots was pretty serious about NASCAR , it was more focused on the family aspect of NASCAR ( IIRC, its been a LONG time since I last watched it)

Agree about Tar. Loved Banshees and Everything Everywhere. Really enjoyed Maverick. I was a huge fan of the original Top Gun and probably seen it 4-5 times in my life. Have watched Maverick twice. Just don’t agree it’s best oscar movie. It deserved some award though and shows Cruise is still an A lister. I just can’t believe more people didn’t note the blatant Star Wars elements 😬

Back
Top Bottom