Daytona 2 Pre Race Thread

If that's the case, and it sounds like you're right, then there will probably be hell to pay come Tuesday for messing with safety equipment. 31 noncompliance cases at once, gotta be a record.
It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out. Rules are rules. I wonder how many appeals there will be?

What I'm getting is that the spacers were all altered in different ways. None of them were the same. So I'm not going to point the finger at the supplier --- I'm going to point the finger at the teams for altering them.

Missed that altogether, TRL Good observation making it more plausible to believe someone dropped a dime on those teams.

Anyone remember the time when this Daytona race was run strictly on the 4th? I think they did that from 1959 up until 1987. I kinda wish they'd go back to that schedule. I think they were 10am starts back then.

I not only remember when the race was on July 4, I remember when the Indy 500 was run on the real Memorial Day --- May 30 -- no matter what day of the week it was.
I LOVE the idea of getting the Firecracker 400 back on July 4. And run it in the middle of the day when the track is hot and slick and treacherous.

I simply said that's the way is used to be. It doesn't need to be ran that early but a 4th of July race wouldn't be a bad idea IMO. I just saw this article on the subject and even your driver agrees.....

Link

Good article.

IMO, a return to a mid-week race sure couldn't hurt.

Also, I like the comment regarding the current state of NASCAR's popularity.

"The controversy surrounding TNT and Speed analyst Kyle Petty's analysis of Danica Patrick's ability is an indictment of the recent lack of compelling story lines in NASCAR's premier series, which should own the headlines during the lull between the end of the NHL and NBA playoffs and the start of football season."

spot on

I simply said that's the way is used to be. It doesn't need to be ran that early but a 4th of July race wouldn't be a bad idea IMO. I just saw this article on the subject and even your driver agrees.....

Link

I read that. Jeff also explains that he's discussed this with NASCAR and they have legitimate reasons for keeping this race on the following Saturday. NASCAR has grown exponentially since the time when they ran on the 4th as has attendance and TV viewership. What worked then just wouldn't work now according to the people who make their living studying such things.

I read that. Jeff also explains that he's discussed this with NASCAR and they have legitimate reasons for keeping this race on the following Saturday. NASCAR has grown exponentially since the time when they ran on the 4th as has attendance and TV viewership. What worked then just wouldn't work now according to the people who make their living studying such things.

Who are they?

Who are they?

NASCAR, SMI, IMS, Fox, TNT, ESPN...They all have big marketing departments with access to mountains of data and metrics. I realize that anyone with an internet connection is a highly qualified expert on all things at all times but I'll defer to the legitimate professionals. :)

Yeah but aren't those the same "experts" that says the Chase works best and loves our TV coverage and idiots in the booth etc etc, experts my ass. In My Opinion.

NASCAR, SMI, IMS, Fox, TNT, ESPN...They all have big marketing departments with access to mountains of data and metrics. I realize that anyone with an internet connection is a highly qualified expert on all things at all times but I'll defer to the legitimate professionals. :)
Who says they are legitimate, You? Time for FB to pull out the Doctors Ad again.

It sure doesn't look to me like mountains of data and metrics are what the typical race fan is looking for.

On the roof flap issue. I have to say that I am surprised with the number of teams involved that I don't see Chad's name attached to that.
I suspect the Chevy teams avoid anything from Roush on general principles. I think Jamie Mac is the only indicted bow-tie, which makes me wonder why EGR isn't using the same parts.

Yes, that's me on the right. Just another one of them NASCAR Hillbillies.

Nascar_baee97_321916.jpg

On the roof flap issue. I have to say that I am surprised with the number of teams involved that I don't see Chad's name attached to that.
Maybe he has learned how to cheat with out getting caught.:)

Right on.

I think I'll stick will the real pro, Jeff Gordon, when it comes to Nascar racing.

Link

It would be hot as all get out, but that's why you hydrate. Cool idea. MLB doesn't really have any games on national TV during the day on the 4th so it could put NASCAR in the spotlight for a day.

Not fond of DW and Larry Mac but I'd listen to them on repeat for a week if it meant not having to hear KP and Adam Alexander.

Even if it's with her? :cool:
Now you're just being silly! How can he cheat with her when she doesn't even have a race car? :blink:

I used to think there was no activity in NASCAR more pointless than qualifying at a plate track. However, in recent years I've come to realize there is now at least one: final practice at a plate track. Qualifying is slightly better because, in addition to determining pit road selection, at least everyone participates in qualifying.

Two more reasons plate racing is the least entertaining form of NASCAR-sanctioned racing.

Back
Top Bottom