Daytona 500 --- RACE thread

Wonder if Chase will catch the same hell Kyle gets for evading interviews?
He already catches hell when he does give interviews for being hard on himself.

This is the first time he's done it, and I really can't blame him today since it's the 500. It's about the 4th time a race has been ripped out of his grasps in the closing stages in the last year so I can imagine the frustration has just boiled over.

He drove an awesome race tho. Nothing to hang his head about.

He led the majority of the end of the race and was in the catbird seat until three to go. Everyone was going to be gunning for him post-race.
That may be true but it was his right to opt out. Nobody has a reason to be negative about it.

Shouldn't Blaney get more than 35 points for finishing 2nd? I thought that was 39? Plus I'm pretty sure he had points in a segment? This system is whack.
IMG_3044.PNG

This ones correct...
IMG_3045.PNG
Scratch that last post

So, looking at those standings, it's basically a way of saying even though Harvick finished 22nd, he had mostly a top 5 car today. I like it. A great way to measure performance.

Watching a race replay since I unintentionally missed it.

Mike Joy said "Toyota All Out" was the rest of the race ad free.

But they go to commercial minutes later.

What gives

Watched the race with my dad so i didn't post during the race itself.
Hats off to Kurt Busch and the 41 team. I was really glad for Tony Stewart. Congrats to any of their fans on here, i know there's at least 1 die hard.
I havent read through the thread to see what people though but i HATED the segment racing. Maybe at the other races i wont mind as much but to me its too much of a gimmick and it cheapened the Daytona 500.
After Jr. went out i henjoyed cheering on Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney. Along with Kyle Larson those 3 are gonna put on some good shows in the future.

So I suppose this means that Kurt Bush is the DAYTONA 500 winner...and is automatically in the 2017 Chase..?

So I suppose this means that Kurt Bush is the DAYTONA 500 winner...and is automatically in the 2017 Chase..?

Not automatically if there's more than 16 winners then no, but we all know that's not happening.

Wonder if Chase will catch the same hell Kyle gets for evading interviews?
"Because they chose to stay on the end of pit road w the top finishing drivers. I was never approached by ANY person n media after waiting" - Chase.

I reckon after racing 500 miles and losing in heartbreaking fashion, Chase is expected to walk a few hundred yards just to say "I hate it for my guys".

Honestly, Im surprised any driver wants to give post race interviews. The interviewer always asks "what happened out there" or "how do you feel". Those answers are obvious if you actually watch the race.

"Because they chose to stay on the end of pit road w the top finishing drivers. I was never approached by ANY person n media after waiting" - Chase.

I reckon after racing 500 miles and losing in heartbreaking fashion, Chase is expected to walk a few hundred yards just to say "I hate it for my guys".

Honestly, Im surprised any driver wants to give post race interviews. The interviewer always asks "what happened out there" or "how do you feel". Those answers are obvious if you actually watch the race.
Exactly. He was 14 th place for crying out loud. Waaaay back there.
Chase had a good weekend, almost great, but still good.

Back
Top Bottom