Daytona 500 --- RACE thread

"Because they chose to stay on the end of pit road w the top finishing drivers. I was never approached by ANY person n media after waiting" - Chase.

I reckon after racing 500 miles and losing in heartbreaking fashion, Chase is expected to walk a few hundred yards just to say "I hate it for my guys".

Honestly, Im surprised any driver wants to give post race interviews. The interviewer always asks "what happened out there" or "how do you feel". Those answers are obvious if you actually watch the race.
Truex said the same.

Apparently, FOX tried to interview them just as they went "commercial free". :rolleyes:

Monster Energy's race win in title-sponsor debut 'beyond crazy,' VP says

Monster Energy's first race as title sponsor of NASCAR's top circuit turned in a monster result as its sponsored driver, Kurt Busch, ended up in Victory Lane.

Monster agreed to spend $20 million a year to take over for Sprint as title sponsor, and the victory for Busch was worth an estimated $22.2 million in media value to the company, said Eric Smallwood of Apex Marketing, a sponsorship evaluation firm.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/c...er-energy-claims-race-win-title-sponsor-debut

He already catches hell when he does give interviews for being hard on himself.

Catches hell for this? No, this is part of his brand. Come on man, nobody gets into him for "being too hard on himself." He is supposedly loved for that.

Man this is one of the best days I've ever had as a sports fan. Better than when he won the title in 2004 because I thought that was the first of many and today I thought I'd probably never see him win the 500.

This is cool. Soak it in. Congrats. :cheers:

Catches hell for this? No, this is part of his brand. Come on man, nobody gets into him for "being too hard on himself." He is supposedly loved for that.
The whole 2nd half of last year people were saying they were over the post race woe is me interviews

Brian France during speedweeks:
IMG_3047.JPG

The whole 2nd half of last year people were saying they were over the post race woe is me interviews

Interesting, I must have missed that. I have been over it since the first time he did it.....

Anybody know why the 500 starting line-up changed after what was shown after the Duels?

File this under who cares.

I've never understood the fascination with post race interviews. It's always the same redundant questions. Followed by endless sponsor plugs.

I don't blame Chase for not wanting to give an interview. He was 3 laps from victory and ran out of fuel. Devastating.

I've always given Kyle Busch a break for doing the same thing when he's frustrated. If they don't have anything good to say, why say anything? Why give the press a sound bite to use against you?

Monster Energy's race win in title-sponsor debut 'beyond crazy,' VP says

Monster Energy's first race as title sponsor of NASCAR's top circuit turned in a monster result as its sponsored driver, Kurt Busch, ended up in Victory Lane.

Monster agreed to spend $20 million a year to take over for Sprint as title sponsor, and the victory for Busch was worth an estimated $22.2 million in media value to the company, said Eric Smallwood of Apex Marketing, a sponsorship evaluation firm.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/c...er-energy-claims-race-win-title-sponsor-debut

Wow, they made up their investment after one race, but that doesn't count their sponsorship of SHR. Maybe if the 41 keeps winning they will break even pretty soon. I bet @Allenbaba is having the mother of all hangovers right now after that party. I sure would be after a win like that.

Wow, they made up their investment after one race, but that doesn't count their sponsorship of SHR. Maybe if the 41 keeps winning they will break even pretty soon. I bet @Allenbaba is having the mother of all hangovers right now after that party. I sure would be after a win like that.
Ha, pretty much. It's incredible. I've seen this man at his lowest, so to see him at his highest (several times in 2017 - marriage etc) has been very rewarding. Makes standing by him through the bad all worth it.

I thought it was interesting to see how many ran out of gas, considering how many times we've heard the old "Is he gonna make it?" from the announcers only to watch the winner do a thousand burnouts in victory lane. Happy for Kurt, never really a fan but it's good to see him get it after all he's been through. He's really grown in my eyes. Kyle, I'll wait and see.

As a Truex fan, I knew he didn't have a strong enough car. I think he was waiting for the slingshot move. When Chase ran out of gas and he had to lead, he was done for. I think he ran out of gas at the end too, so who knows.

I didn't read through all 1000+ posts so please forgive me if this topic has been discussed. Kyle Busch was unhappy with Goodyear yesterday and I was wondering if there were any other drivers across the different series that expressed the same thing.

I didn't read through all 1000+ posts so please forgive me if this topic has been discussed. Kyle Busch was unhappy with Goodyear yesterday and I was wondering if there were any other drivers across the different series that expressed the same thing.
I didn't hear a single thing from anyone else.

I think it's a pride thing for Kyle. We all knew the flat tire wasn't his fault, but he always has to make it a point to let us know and deflect blame when it isn't necessary.

I didn't hear a single thing from anyone else.

I think it's a pride thing for Kyle. We all knew the flat tire wasn't his fault, but he always has to make it a point to let us know and deflect blame when it isn't necessary.

Thanks a lot as it looked to me that he cut a tire down and spun which is not his fault or Goodyear's, IMO.

Nobody else that I heard either.

I'd chalk it up to nothing more than a quick microphone in his face causing him to voice his displeasure for Goodyear without knowing anything other than he had a flat going into the turn. I mean, is it really inconceivable to have run over something on a two and a half mile venue @ a buck eighty? It's not like the place had been strewn with debris over the past two days worth of races, right?

Back
Top Bottom