Daytona 500 RACE thread ! !

Fox should just put Days of Thunder on after this documentary is over.

I agree! I remember when Days of Thunder came out people claimed how unrealistic the racing scenes are. Not anymore.....It would act as a perfect substitute for 2021 pack racing while we wait this out!

I’m not a weatherman nor did I stay at an Holiday Inn Express but this don’t look good.

8E2F88AF-C57F-46DC-9D59-B9DFE7FBB65E.jpeg

Now going to replay the Clash....I'm surprised....I figured this is when they'd call it a day. Again, just think they're filling the broadcast window for the affiliates.

Anyone know what the penalty is for working on a car under red like this?

I’d be tempted to do it if the worst thing is start at the end of longest line or something

Looks like rain to 7ish. How long to dry track with no sun? How late are they allowed to start and how late to run based on noise ordinances?

Looks like rain to 7ish. How long to dry track with no sun? How late are they allowed to start and how late to run based on noise ordinances?

I'm guessing 90-120 minutes. 72 degrees and nearly 80% humidity isn't going help much with evaporation either. Noise shouldn't be problem. If they can get this rolling by 9 do it. Be over by midnight....

The problem isn't on NASCAR or the track's end. It's all up to how long Fox wants to stick it out.

Absolutely! I think NASCAR can finish it in a reasonable manner. Fox's agenda might say otherwise....

Golf is over so I have nothing going on. I need more sports....

I'm guessing 90-120 minutes. 72 degrees and nearly 80% humidity isn't going help much with evaporation either. Noise shouldn't be problem. If they can get this rolling by 9 do it. Be over by midnight....
The 2012 Daytona 500 didn’t end until 1:15 AM, don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to go that long.

Seems not too long ago they started pretty late and ran it through? The hourly looks promising to quit shortly and if they can get it dry enough......? Cautiously optimistic.

Starting to think it won't happen today, the cell from Lakeland looks like its going North of where I live.

If that cell hits, the race is going to be called off until tomorrow.

It all depends on what this next batch of showers do. It is getting dark, we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Pat
Starting to look like either way I’ll be watching tomorrow. Start to late and I’m not watching because wanna watch with my dad and he works tonight. So y’all have fun tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2012 Daytona 500 didn’t end until 1:15 AM, don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to go that long.

That might be stretching it though 9 years later. I remember a 600 back in the 1990s (1997?) that went like that and then a few years later they wouldn't push it that far because it just was too late. Be interesting to see what happens though. I'm not sure if there's certain permits required in 2021 regarding the 24 hours and the 500 and 400.

Either, way I'd like for them to get it in. I hope Fox and the locals are good sports....

Rain delay musing
I know aunty has squashed my desire in the past but I can’t help but think there had to be a way to race on an oval in the rain. I flew a piper tomahawk and it started to pour rain suddenly one time I was out. They coat the windscreen with something that makes water just bead off.

Add lights and a highly engineered rain tire....man I can dream

Never saw the fuss with Days of Blunder, typical half-asss Hollywood racing movie
This..there's no such thing as a good nascar movie.

Most films take stereotypes and just pluck them into film.

It also makes it seem as if success is WAY easier than it is in real life.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That might be stretching it though 9 years later. I remember a 600 back in the 1990s (1997?) that went like that and then a few years later they wouldn't push it that far because it just was too late. Be interesting to see what happens though. I'm not sure if there's certain permits required in 2021 regarding the 24 hours and the 500 and 400.

Either, way I'd like for them to get it in. I hope Fox and the locals are good sports....
Didn’t the 2015 summer race end pretty late too? IIRC, they didn’t even get that one started until close to midnight.

Back
Top Bottom