Daytona 500 RACE thread ! !

How many times is NASCAR gonna wait until it rains to start races?

Pretty sure when they picked the start time, they didn't know when it was going to rain. It also rains early sometimes. You can say they should set it early just in case it ain't raining...but it sometimes can rain before noon... just saying man.

NASCAR teams put tarps over the cars to keep them dry.

Yet, NASCAR does not tarp sections of the track to keep it dry so drying efforts with air titans is easier.

I know people are upset but it's important that west coast fans who can't wake up before 9 am get to watch it rain
As a west coaster, I really appreciate not having to wake up before 9am , Sunday is the one day I can sleep in.

But, at the same time, I hate that the race gets postpone what seems like every year for rain.

Pretty sure when they picked the start time, they didn't know when it was going to rain. It also rains early sometimes. You can say they should set it early just in case it ain't raining...but it sometimes can rain before noon... just saying man.

I agree that in Florida rain is about as random as it gets. With that said, once we get to the warmer months it's a known fact that the odds of rain/thunderstorms increase greatly during the mid to late afternoon. Even so, TV will continue to start their races as they see fit relative to their programming schedule because they call the shots. The weather is NASCAR's problem.

I know people are upset but it's important that west coast fans who can't wake up before 9 am get to watch it rain
It was 10 am in your previous post.

Did you set your clock back an hour a month early?

Does Kyle b slam bell as hard without the threat of rain?

I feel so bad for the 24 and 48 teams. They did awesome in qualifying when they were the only cars on the track but they just didn't have very good luck when other cars were on the track. :(

This is becoming the norm.

But we gotta make sure the five fans in California can watch.

My scheduled days off are Sunday and Monday, but my employer asked me to work tomorrow because of the big snowstorm here in Dallas-Fort Worth that may cause people to stay home. I hope this race doesn't get postponed until tomorrow.

It's almost like afternoon thunderstorms in Florida are a thing lol

It's also almost like if you start a race earlier then you have a better chance of waiting out delays

Just saying

Who knew that the later inthe day in florida, the more likely storms are?
tenor.gif

A thought here. The rain helps the teams they were in the grass. They at least get towed to the garage under red. No way they are just leaving them in the grass and covering them out there

Fox executives, this isn't going to attract West Coast viewers, you idiots. This is only going to drive viewers **AWAY**

This is becoming the norm.

But we gotta make sure the five fans in California can watch.

Was the track dry at noon? Because it was raining like two hours or less before...

It's also almost like if you start a race earlier than you have a better chance of waiting out delays

Just saying

Yes, I mentioned that. Good job on saying what I already said. But good job also over looking the fact it was raining earlier also.

Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's also almost like if you start a race earlier than you have a better chance of waiting out delays

Just saying

In the summer they are. In February they're less common. This rain is part of a huge system that is going to turn into a winter storm for the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.

Fox executives, this isn't going to attract West Coast viewers, you idiots. This is only going to drive viewers **AWAY**
Yep kills so much momentum. All the hype of Bubba, Jordan, biggest race of the year and then a two hour long pre-race show in good weather and ten laps.

Was the track dry at noon? Because it was raining like two hours or less before...

Yes, I mentioned that. Good job on saying what I already said. But good job also over looking the fact it was raining earlier also.

Just saying

Brilliant post.

Noon start and this thing would be done or at least official. Already annoyed by TV start times

NASCAR isn’t for everyone. If they’re expecting the certainty of a show every weekend, they’re gonna be disappointed.

Look man, all I’m saying is sometimes you can’t control these things. Plus this way we might actually get the full race. Probably be pass halfway now.

I think everyone understands it's possible for it to rain at noon. That's not groundbreaking information. If you have a 12 hour window to run a race or a 9 hour window. The percentages are better that you'll race in the larger window. Sometimes a 12 hour window won't be big enough, but they constantly go for the shorter window.

Back
Top Bottom