Daytona 500 Raceday Thread

It's gonna be hard to bet against Tony Stewart...two Daytona races, two wins so far in Speedweeks. I don't think either Gilliland or Rudd will last long up front.

It's gonna be hard to bet against Tony Stewart...two Daytona races, two wins so far in Speedweeks. I don't think either Gilliland or Rudd will last long up front.

I would like to see Jr. win and if not ...... then Edwards or Hamlin would be just fine. But I agree with you, Smoke is the man to beat.
:beerbang: :beerbang:

do you know what time the actual race should start? Is it 2:30 or 3:00?

I want to Dale Jr. or Smoke but it would be fun to see Michael or Dale Jarret win in the Toyota.

I'm going with Tony or Kevin Harvick.

I'm not counting Mark out either.

I would love to see a toyota car win today. The only car to actually be made in the US.
I so wanted to watch it in HD today but alas my antenna wont pick up fox....

Not a bad choice. He's definitely in some good machinery w/HMS & he's run well @ Daytona recently (2nd last year).

Any sleeper picks?

I say Boris Said. He was great at the Pepsi 400 and he's got the Roush engineering & engine development behind him.

It's finally time!!!
I'd like to see Tony win, with Mikey as a second choice...but, I think this race will be have a surprise winner...Denny Hamlin?

#38 David Gilliland is really holding a pretty wheel so far.

Well there is Robby doing what he does best.

That was a combo of Gilliland, Gordon, and their respective spotters. I would actually put a majority of that on Gilliland and his spotter. Speaking of Gilliland, he stuck around up front longer than I thought.

Anyone else watching the free trial of RaceView on Nascar.com and just have it quit?

That was a combo of Gilliland, Gordon, and their respective spotters. I would actually put a majority of that on Gilliland and his spotter. Speaking of Gilliland, he stuck around up front longer than I thought.

Anyone else watching the free trial of RaceView on Nascar.com and just have it quit?

Yeah i know that now, at first it looked like Robby just drove in there like mad.

Nope, Robby didn't do anything wrong -- he was just coming into his pit.

I put the blame on the 38 spotter for not giving him warning and telling him to stop.

I'm sorry that Tony got caught between the two. :(

He had problems with the oil pressure anyhow plus he got caught speeding.

Wow. Two best cars in the field to this point - GONE!

And did #20 ever hit the wall hard - you can see the drivers side crinkle on the replay.

Tony got all time loose...Reminds me of Kyle..too bad Tony couldn't save it in time

I'm not a fan of either/or but they were putting on a pretty good show of smart, clean racing.

I hate that for both Tony and Kurt..... :( No telling how this thing is going to shakeout..

BTW, Waltrip is running at the rear (almost) but I haven't heard just what problems is is having..... Anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom