Daytona Coke Zero Sugar 400 Pre-Race thread

Hey what ever happened with Sky? PM if needed

He's still around, just doesn't come on here.

When it comes to media stuff, he's pretty much in limbo like I am. I don't have the time or money to head up a revival of the editorial side of Race22 or Short Track Scene. I just can't do it, as much as I want to. Even harder when so few tracks understand the importance of old school media (press releases mainly). Mike Ray at Wake County, JD Bowsher from the Grand National Series, Steven Blakesley on the west coast and NASCAR are the only people I get press releases from.

He's still around, just doesn't come on here.

When it comes to media stuff, he's pretty much in limbo like I am. I don't have the time or money to head up a revival of the editorial side of Race22 or Short Track Scene. I just can't do it, as much as I want to.
Well give him my best and I appreciate what you and Sky did for the Charlie Powell Memorial. Hope to see you there this year.

Ok. Let me talk to CP3 and see if he wants to ride up.

It'll be worth it.

Speaking of Sky, have you ever heard him sing? If I'm ever in Myrtle Beach, which I have no reason to go there anymore since the track's gone😭, I'll have to check one of his shows out. Another band I like performs down there all the time too.

It'll be worth it.

Speaking of Sky, have you ever heard him sing? If I'm ever in Myrtle Beach, which I have no reason to go there anymore since the track's gone😭, I'll have to check one of his shows out. Another band I like performs down there all the time too.
No where does he play?

With the rainout spoiling our plans for the evening, we called an audible and hung out at a couple of the local breweries.....

20220827-200254.jpg

20220818-211036-HDR.jpg

20220827-234130-HDR.jpg

I plan on waking up around 9 and grilling a steak for breakfast before the race starts. Let's hope the weather in Daytona clears up a bit :cheers:

With the rainout spoiling our plans for the evening, we called an audible and hung out at a couple of the local breweries.....

20220827-200254.jpg

20220818-211036-HDR.jpg

20220827-234130-HDR.jpg

I plan on waking up around 9 and grilling a steak for breakfast before the race starts. Let's hope the weather in Daytona clears up a bit :cheers:
That looks so much fun!!!!!! Y'all are so cute!!!!!

That looks so much fun!!!!!! Y'all are so cute!!!!!
Eh, too much of him, not enough of her. ;)

I went to bed about five minutes before the announcement. I'm delighted NASCAR made the decision relatively early. We've seen plenty of cases where they wait until Noah comes by in his boat before they make the call.

Deliciously ironic it’s going to end up being in the am before noon. If only the networks could figure out some of these races might have a better start time due to their weather
There's a lot more scheduling flexibility when your only option is to run on CNBC. Everything there can be dropped without worrying much about sponsors obligations and refunds.

I am sad to share that it will rain tomorrow night and the race will be delayed/postponed and moved to the USA network. I am certain of that, because in a rare situation we are camped where we get the local NBC channel over the air, it is scheduled for the evening and I would get a chance to see it.
Crap, just crap...I have been wrong on every prediction this year, just see the pick the winner thread. So I posted this to make sure I would be wrong again. Of course it didn't work and I certainly can't get whatever channel the race will be on.

The flip side I am sitting at a State Forest with my morning coffee, beautiful 60 degrees, sunny and hearing the cars running the track at Watkins Glen in the distance.

I certainly can't get whatever channel the race will be on.
I pay only $5 monthly for Peacock. The app works well on my laptop and tablet.
The flip side I am sitting at a State Forest with my morning coffee, beautiful 60 degrees, sunny and hearing the cars running the track at Watkins Glen in the distance.
I want to visit the Finger Lakes region one day, even if there's no racing. Lots of good birding. Maybe next fall.

I pay only $5 monthly for Peacock. The app works well on my laptop and tablet.

I want to visit the Finger Lakes region one day, even if there's no racing. Lots of good birding. Maybe next fall.
I don't mind paying $5, but most of the time we don't have a good enough signal to stream.

Finger Lakes is a beautiful area. Shoulder season is the best time. It can get touristy in Watkins Glen. If you are a camper I have a great free spot for you.

I don't mind paying $5, but most of the time we don't have a good enough signal to stream.

Finger Lakes is a beautiful area. Shoulder season is the best time. It can get touristy in Watkins Glen. If you are a camper I have a great free spot for you.
What’s shoulder season?

Currently being sold some Morgan Silver Dollars by a guy named Rick, just when I thought CNBC’s content couldn’t grow more exciting

Back
Top Bottom