Daytona Day Is Trash

The speed, personalities and wrecks aren't selling, hence the 45% drop in ratings over the last 12 years.

The Super Bowl was marketed with similar stuff, parties, halftime concerts, beer and chips and etc.
Nascar wants to host the super bowl so bad.

You need to shoot down to Antarctica real quick. They are taking the day off from science and ice pyramids and whatnot to grill out and watch the race.
Those Antarctic scientists get stronger internet than @AndyMarquisLive

Forget "Daytona Day." They should play up more stuff like this in the ad
You need to shoot down to Antarctica real quick. They are taking the day off from science and ice pyramids and whatnot to grill out and watch the race.

How stupid was that? ;) Thanks for the reminder.

There is one thing I agree with the YouTube critic and Jeff Gluck about: The Daytona Day ad should not have included the movie scene, as I'm sure it caused some people to think the ad was promoting a movie.

Otherwise, I think people are being too critical of the ad.

I just saw the video and loved his comment about how Austin Dillon would never push his own car out of the garage.

I still don't know what the point of this promotion was. As far as I could tell, it did nothing to attract people to watch the race.

To me it showed how out of touch with reality many within Nascar are. In fact if some of these people went to a fire I am relatively sure they would attempt to extinguish it with gasoline.

To me it showed how out of touch with reality many within Nascar are. In fact if some of these people went to a fire I am relatively sure they would attempt to extinguish it with gasoline.
My understanding is that this was purely a Fox creation, like any other programming promo.

My understanding is that this was purely a Fox creation, like any other programming promo.
Yes. The broadcaster ... the organization charged with ratings responsibility.

They paid for what is reasonable sports content. It's up to them to bring viewers to the programming.

I got a good laugh as the guy pointed out all of the faults of the ad - he nailed it. I see all commercials through my Firesign Theater filter (old comedy group who made fun of TV).

Haha there are folks here who are upset this guy released a video making fun of the commercial and the fact it was posted here.

Get off your high horses and live a little.

Haha there are folks here who are upset this guy released a video making fun of the commercial and the fact it was posted here.

200w.gif

Wait until they figure out his video is monetized with close to 50k views and he is being paid with every view.

Daytona ratings go up when they stop marketing Daytona Day and instead give Barstool Sports first class access giving them a 35% viewing increase amongst dude-bro Boston/DC sports fans. Crazy.

And then theres this:

Thanks to this:

In an ironic twist; I, a NASCAR fan, now know more about Barstool sports than I ever did before.. and so do you.

The Butterfly Effect, man.

Here's our favorite, David Land reiterating. His dig at Daytona Day reminded me of this thread. Lmao

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom