Daytona RACE thread --- Duel 1 & 2

I smell a rat myself. Bowman and company didn't want to use up their pole sitter car
That's possible. They said they are looking for a vibration. But, team manager Knaus didn't have a problem letting them use up the second fastest car. ;)

That's possible. They said they are looking for a vibration. But, team manager Knaus didn't have a problem letting them use up the second fastest car. ;)
pretty evident from the jump. Bowman raced to the rear, and Byron stayed up front. Two fastest cars, go figure

pretty evident from the jump. Bowman raced to the rear, and Byron stayed up front. Two fastest cars, go figure
There were a few of us on here that said before the race started that Bowman should just go to the back and save his car. Maybe he got the message and agreed. :) I bet the 24 wished he would have done the same thing.;)

There were a few of us on here that said before the race started that Bowman should just go to the back and save his car. Maybe he got the message and agreed. :) I bet the 24 wished he would have done the same thing.;)
I wouldn't know. That's what happened to both from my seat. As long as we are conspiracy theorizing Chad could have had a rabbit and a turtle strategy going on to sweep the weekend. :idunno:

Doesn't it seem most likely that an electronics issue caused the problem for the 48?

so is brad getting the blame for that wreck? I know "Super speed way brad" gets some flack

It’s a joke that bricks that can’t keep up with the draft, like the 00, 51 and 52 are locked in.

Meanwhile guys like Cindric and Ty Dillon who are actually competitive won’t make the 500. Yay charters.
I agree with this. They should not use the Charter to guarantee a starting spot in this race. The others ok but not the 500. It used to be you had to race your way in. How the hell does Ware afford four charters?

I’m gonna correct this quote because I was going off memory. They werent on the back stretch, they were at the front of the trioval heading into turn 1. Even so, there is more than enough room to go 3 wide and Smithley had several cars behind him who could have easily followed up the middle to create a third lane.

There were 4 laps to go and Smithley needed to finish ahead of Gragson to transfer. He gave the effort and Brad either moved up without being cleared by his spotter or thought he could make it or block the run.
Spotter wouldn’t have cleared him because nobody thinking Clearly would have made a move there. Who goes 3 wide to the INSIDE? Beside Smithley?

Spotter wouldn’t have cleared him because nobody thinking Clearly would have made a move there. Who goes 3 wide to the INSIDE? Beside Smithley?
It’s not the spotter’s job to predict what is going to happen or to live in some fantasy world where 3 wide at Daytona is unthinkable.

The car was high. The spotter failed to tell Brad or Brad thought he was clear in the mirror. Wrecked.

Hopefully better attention is paid in the big show.

Back
Top Bottom