Daytona RACE thread --- Duel 1 & 2

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
Ready to get this started.
I've been pacing the floor all day. Nothing to watch. Can't go anywhere because of the sleet/ice/rain and freezing temps.
Going to the mailbox was an adventure in "don't slip on the ice".
Need to pour some warm water on the satellite dish to make sure I don't lose the signal. :D

Ready to get this started.
I've been pacing the floor all day. Nothing to watch. Can't go anywhere because of the sleet/ice/rain and freezing temps.
Going to the mailbox was an adventure in "don't slip on the ice".
Need to pour some warm water on the satellite dish to make sure I don't lose the signal. :D
How cold is it?

How cold is it?
Hasn't been above 31* all day. The ground is totally covered with sleet/ice pellets --- looks like snow it's so heavy. The tree limbs are sagging with
all the ice accumulation.
No icy trip for the town car?
Nope. I don't like to drive in this kind of weather.

Weather moving in on the radar around 8:30 tonight. Could really mess this whole thing up. Will probaly get the 1st race in but who knows beyond that. Fingers crossed.

Canada called and says you are a wuss
Canada can come mow my lawn in August.

Canada has the tires, chains, and road clearing equipment to deal with this stuff. It doesn't happen Down South often enough to make that gear worth buying. The knuckleheads who think they know how to drive in it don't help.

Canada can come mow my lawn in August.

Canada has the tires, chains, and road clearing equipment to deal with this stuff. It doesn't happen Down South often enough to make that gear worth buying. The knuckleheads who think they know how to drive in it don't help.
One of our sand trucks burned to the ground. They do what they can, but most of the time you are on your own around here

Im ready for some Thursday night racing

Green flag

They are 5 laps in and some of these cars are still bottoming out, sheesh.

I honestly don't see the point of dropping back. The odds are basically above 50% you're going to be involved in a wreck in the 500. Just try to win whenever you get the chance at a "pack track".

I honestly don't see the point of dropping back. The odds are basically above 50% you're going to be involved in a wreck in the 500. Just try to win whenever you get the chance at a "pack track".
You mean at all, or just tonight?

If you're talking about tonight, the idea is to save the car so you'll have it on Sunday, esp. if you're on the front row anyway.

If you're talking about race day, riding in the back may keep you out of the early wrecks. When you do wreck, maybe you'll DNF in 17th instead of 36th.

yeah I could see Hamlin who was in the pack, but Bowman from the pole? Seems more dangerous to go to the back than to go racing from the front.

These teams have worked on their Daytona car for months. Theres no point in risking it’s destruction if you are already locked into the front row and have a great pit stall reserved.

yeah I could see Hamlin who was in the pack, but Bowman from the pole? Seems more dangerous to go to the back than to go racing from the front.
Of you wreck you start at the back on Sunday. Bowman can and should stay well back from the packs. Compete for last tonight.

Back
Top Bottom