Daytona RACE thread

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
Whenever we get around to racing .............

For those who are continually griping/complaining/moaning/groaning about commercials, the miserable TV coverage, the horrible commentators in the booth ------
please keep it to a minimum..... don't let it take over the thread..

We know there are too many commercials. We know we don't see all that's happening.

Let those of us who enjoy what we are seeing, do so.

Last edited:
Go Tony !!!

(no alternative commercials today - this is a serious race :))

Oh no! caution for sprinkles :eek:

If you had the right equipment you used to be able to hijack the satellite feed between the race and network HQ and you could see the race in between the commercials and hear the commentators talking to the producers and TV director. I believe since then they're all encrypted now.

I will just never understand how people can go to a NASCAR without planning for it to be rained out and ran the next day.

I agree - especially at Daytona. It works out for the locals though....cheap tickets! I got a spot on the start-finish line at Atlanta a few years back - great seat - for twenty bucks.

More rain? No!!!!! Man this FL weather is making things difficult!!!

P.S. - If the delay lasts awhile "Viva Las Vegas" is on TCM at noon. Elvis and Ann-Margret and even some racing - the perfect movie!

P.S.S. - TCM is commercial free :p

If you had the right equipment you used to be able to hijack the satellite feed between the race and network HQ and you could see the race in between the commercials and hear the commentators talking to the producers and TV director. I believe since then they're all encrypted now.

There is a clip on YouTube where announcers are arguing and asking for certain mikes to be turned off.

Back
Top Bottom