Dear Gordon: Please demand a better crew chief from Hendrick!

Calm down kid. He is on a seperate pit strategy than the rest of field, as are the other strong cars. In 20 laps he moved from 20th to 6th. There's nearly 100 to go. I really hope Alan's call wins him the race so this thread get's turned upside down. Yeah hes made some weird calls in recent races but theyve got it together the past 15 or so races

This thread might have some substance but the timing is hilarious!!

Gustafson's got my support.

Amazing that Jeff was able to come back from Alan's strategy mess! Drove up from 23rd or so to win in about 150 laps. Guess my request won't come true anytime soon...

Caved in a bit. No aero crap at Martinsville, just racing.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382911327689.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382911327689.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 132
This thread might have some substance but the timing is hilarious!!

Gustafson's got my support.

Yep. I knew this was going to come back to bite him in the ass. lol

But Gustafson still is a problem despite the win today.

Thankfully that call was with 120+ laps to go so there was time to recover.

After that it was all driver for sure. Also thank god for no caution or Alan would have probably call Gordon in.

It was still a stupid strategy. Gordon would have led a ton more laps had they been in cycle with Bowyer, Hamlin, etc.

Everyone keep in mind that Jeff won because he was able to recover from Alan's bad call, NOT because of Alan's bad call. He was leading when the first call was made and was 20th or so afterwards. He drove back up from that.

Everyone keep in mind that Jeff won because he was able to recover from Alan's bad call, NOT because of Alan's bad call. He was leading when the first call was made and was 20th or so afterwards. He drove back up from that.

Just stop. He won. Be happy. It's OK to be wrong. I know this from lots of experience.

Where do you get the idea I'm wrong? The first call was a stupid call that cost Jeff a ton of positions, and the second call kept Jeff near the back for a while longer.

Where do you get the idea I'm wrong? The first call was a stupid call that cost Jeff a ton of positions, and the second call kept Jeff near the back for a while longer.

HE WON THE EFFING RACE!!!!!! THE STRATEGY WORKED PERFECTLY!!!!! NOW GO ENJOY A BIG GULP AND SOME SKITTLES!!!!!

That's because Gordon has a better car and faster pit stops. He gained a lot of spots on pit road.

Not really.

Gordon came and got out about in the same spots he was in. He made most of his track position on the track by passing them cars straight up.

He found himself on the top lane more often than not.

Revelation time..

Gordon nearly fired Alan earlier this years but somehow worked it out.

I dont think Alan is going anywhere anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom