Deegan update

I wouldn't be shocked to see to see DGR make a jump to the Xfinty series with Deegan.

I don't see it next year, 20 ARCA races, some IMSA, and maybe a truck race or two would be a pretty full plate for an 18 year old next year. On the other side DGR putting together an Xfinity team when they are doing multiple ARCA and probably a full time or two team in the trucks and I guess they will still do the CARS series, would be stretching it pretty thin.

I don't see it next year, 20 ARCA races, some IMSA, and maybe a truck race or two would be a pretty full plate for an 18 year old next year. On the other side DGR putting together an Xfinity team when they are doing multiple ARCA and probably a full time or two team in the trucks and I guess they will still do the CARS series, would be stretching it pretty thin.
I don't think it would happen, if it does, til 2022 and would likely be a technical alliance with SHR. You would think they'd want her in a truck full time for 2021.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's apparently the plan. Maybe getting a tad ahead of ourselves, but heck, maybe not. I think it would be awesome if that bears out.

She needs to run Eldora.

PLEASE...

To the posters on the board, Lets not turn Deegan into Danica2.
We know the media will be interested in the "newest kid" on the block and they will likely talk alot about her.
Lets all, myself included, give her a chance to just be.

Recognize the media will talk about her alot even she isnt running top 10.

She isnt NASCAR Jesus, and shes not a start and park. Shes just Deegan.

Again this is for me as much as everyone else.

PLEASE...

To the posters on the board, Lets not turn Deegan into Danica2.
We know the media will be interested in the "newest kid" on the block and they will likely talk alot about her.
Lets all, myself included, give her a chance to just be.

Recognize the media will talk about her alot even she isnt running top 10.

She isnt NASCAR Jesus, and shes not a start and park. Shes just Deegan.

Again this is for me as much as everyone else.

She seems to have a completely different attitude than Danica, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

She seems to have a completely different attitude than Danica, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

The media will still talk her up even she’s running 29th. Some people don’t like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she goes to the grocery store, it will be in a Ford.
needs one of these!

8359258152146862096_23.jpg

And every time she does, she will invoice Ford $1,000.
is it that much for something that simple?

Also @Allenbaba have you heard about any cup teams interested in deegan down the road? I would imagine a team will sign her as a development driver soon.

Also @Allenbaba have you heard about any cup teams interested in deegan down the road? I would imagine a team will sign her as a development driver soon.
They don't need to sign her to development deal, her Ford one would supersede it anyway. She will go where Ford wants her to go through this deal.

It was really just a joke - I have heard that every single thing Toyota has ever asked her to do turned into some kind of negotiation. She does not have an "easy to work with" reputation. Though to be fair, it's mostly the parents.

It was really just a joke - I have heard that every single thing Toyota has ever asked her to do turned into some kind of negotiation. She does not have an "easy to work with" reputation. Though to be fair, it's mostly the parents.

TKs

I just hope they calm they calm the F down with ford.

Mansplaining for "being taken advantage of." Either this is a business or not. If it's business, pay me. YOU don't have to like it.

Mansplaining for "being taken advantage of." Either this is a business or not. If it's business, pay me. YOU don't have to like it.
She has not proved she is that good or has that much of a following that would put her in the position to make to much of a demand yet. I'm sure Ford will honor their contract but she needs to be a team player and not be a pain in the ass or she may never get another shot at the big league. She needs them way more then they need her.

That's a worry.

I lived in Santa Monica, Pacific and 3rd and worked in Malibu right by Malibu Colony back in the day pumping gas. I met quite a few myself.
I lived on Ocean ave just south of the pier before I bought a boat and lived on it for 6 years in Marina Del Rey. But, I spent a lot of time in Malibu. Last year when I was driving home from the Thanksgiving race in Ventura I decided to go down PCH and that was right after the big fires and it looked pretty bad around the Malibu area.

With what I have read, Deegan has very little if any road racing experience so she is getting a pretty good shot to learn how. Cendric and Briscoe are pretty salty on road courses and they ran IMSA
She's paired with Briscoe for Daytona at least. Good driver to learn from.

I watched an interview with this young lady on a Jr. download, she may drive well, but, in the interview it was exhausting to try to listen to her. Between the 9 year old giggles and cackles, she grated like a cheese grater to my ears.
Hope she does well driving and shows humility and gratitude for the opportunity that has been bestowed upon her.

I watched an interview with this young lady on a Jr. download, she may drive well, but, in the interview it was exhausting to try to listen to her. Between the 9 year old giggles and cackles, she grated like a cheese grater to my ears.
Hope she does well driving and shows humility and gratitude for the opportunity that has been bestowed upon her.
Ummm? She's 18. this is a tough crowd here. That was the nicest way i could put that.

It’s like Greta Thunberg signed with Dodge.

I wonder what Robert J Sublett would have to say about that?

Ummm? She's 18. this is a tough crowd here. That was the nicest way i could put that.

To a certain extent you agreed with the poster above. She was probably 17 or barely 18 when she was on Jr's show. I've heard at least 4 or 5 after race interviews and with some interviews, she talks so fast you can't understand her. She's coached well, I'm sure it is temporary. Her family has always been wired pretty tight though. Dad Brian was that way back in the day.

To a certain extent you agreed with the poster above. She was probably 17 or barely 18 when she was on Jr's show. I've heard at least 4 or 5 after race interviews and with some interviews, she talks so fast you can't understand her. She's coached well, I'm sure it is temporary. Her family has always been wired pretty tight though. Dad Brian was that way back in the day.
My issue with that "criticism" is that some say JJ and Matt Kenseth were boring cause they didn't show enough personality. Matt Kenseth was one of my all time favorite drivers from a personality perspective. Dry, sarcastic, witty. Loved him...In a non-homo kind of away...

She mentioned Danica at one of the last races, about how Danica was perceived as cold and unfriendly at times. Said she was starting to understand how she got that way. Too many distractions to do HER JOB. As I said...some of you are quite difficult to track what exactly you expect.

My issue with that "criticism" is that some say JJ and Matt Kenseth were boring cause they didn't show enough personality. Matt Kenseth was one of my all time favorite drivers from a personality perspective. Dry, sarcastic, witty. Loved him...In a non-homo kind of away...

She mentioned Danica at one of the last races, about how Danica was perceived as cold and unfriendly at times. Said she was starting to understand how she got that way. Too many distractions to do HER JOB. As I said...some of you are quite difficult to track what exactly you expect.

The original post from SDJ was about her being hard to listen too, but he wished her well. I don't think that was difficult to track.

Back
Top Bottom