Deegan update

Maybe I was listening to her interview to early in the morning and I just wasn't awake enough yet and she came across as a little annoying. I like her and hope she gets the chance and is very successful in a cup car. She seems to have some talent in a race car.

Define "hard to listen too"? Is that NOT criticism? Are you people 8?

This sounds awfully similar to after 5 years in Nascar people were saying Danica couldn't drive and there were Danican's saying people were being too critical of Danica and trying to make people feel bad for speaking the obvious truth. From my own personal experience, I listened to the whole show Deegan was on with Jr, (I'm a fan) and I have listened to many other interviews she has had, and she talks very fast when she gets excited and is hard to listen too. Doesn't mean a damn thing about what I think of her driving. I happen to think she has more potential than Danica, has a much harder climb because of Danica and her failings, and I think you possibly might be confused about what is constructive criticism and what is trolling or unfair criticism.

This sounds awfully similar to after 5 years in Nascar people were saying Danica couldn't drive and there were Danican's saying people were being too critical of Danica and trying to make people feel bad for speaking the obvious truth. From my own personal experience, I listened to the whole show Deegan was on with Jr, (I'm a fan) and I have listened to many other interviews she has had, and she talks very fast when she gets excited and is hard to listen too. Doesn't mean a damn thing about what I think of her driving. I happen to think she has more potential than Danica, has a much harder climb because of Danica and her failings, and I think you possibly might be confused about what is constructive criticism and what is trolling or unfair criticism.
I agree with everything you said in this post. Sometimes fans get offended and take things personal when someone says something about their driver, or their favorite sports announcer that they don't understand or agree with when that said person really wasn't trying to be negative. If no one gave their honest opinions then this place would get pretty boring and probably wouldn't last very long. There is a big difference between constructive criticism, or just plain facts vs trolling or unfair criticism.

DP is my no 1, but I wish she would have taken the deegan route and spent more time in lower series.
we shall see.

so is the class that she will be racing at daytona 24 part of the 24 hour race or a support race? good luck to her.

so is the class that she will be racing at daytona 24 part of the 24 hour race or a support race? good luck to her.

Hailie Deegan is scheduled to make her debut behind the wheel of a Mustang GT4 at the upcoming IMSA Roar Before the 24 test session at Daytona International Speedway on January 3, 2020. That will serve as preparation for her first event, which will be in the Michelin Pilot Challenge opener at Daytona on Friday, Jan. 24, 2020, where she will partner with fellow Ford Performance development driver Chase Briscoe.

https://www.imsa.com/news/122019/ha...oar-and-michelin-pilot-challenge-race-daytona

Did relatively well for sure. Quickest lap over the course of the weekend was only a tenth slower than Briscoe’s best and a little over three tenths off of Cindric’s.

I'm really looking forward to watching her advance through the different levels of racing and I think she will do pretty good if they take their time grooming her and doesn't try to push her to the big leagues to soon. I know a few of us were discussing how hard she was to listen to in interviews earlier in this thread but I really don't see that as being a major problem because since she is going to be a spokes person for Ford then they will probably have someone work with her on things like public speaking. This is the big time baby so no stone will be left unturned. I hope she can be the next big thing to bring positive attention to Nascar.

Very hot prospect on the driver scene. Sorry but for reasons beyond the RF forum experts opinions $$$ I don't think her advancement will be slow enough to suit them. Me either for that matter. She announced in the middle of November she didn't have a ride or any prospects and by the middle of December she is in a Ford signed up for road racing and a full season in ARCA with the possibility of some truck races and it is early January. Females buy over half of the vehicles sold and are probably involved in the decision to buy in many others. It isn't all about the racing.

Very hot prospect on the driver scene. Sorry but for reasons beyond the RF forum experts opinions $$$ I don't think her advancement will be slow enough to suit them. Me either for that matter. She announced in the middle of November she didn't have a ride or any prospects and by the middle of December she is in a Ford signed up for road racing and a full season in ARCA with the possibility of some truck races and it is early January. Females buy over half of the vehicles sold and are probably involved in the decision to buy in many others. It isn't all about the racing.
I pray you are wrong about the speed they are bringing her along with.....

I'm not that ate up about her speed of advancement. There have been plenty of drivers who have advanced very quickly. There seems to be a lot who are using the Danica model in their decisions and I don't think that makes much sense.

509a219ddf68b527b9ae37d64cdf8929.jpg
509a219ddf68b527b9ae37d64cdf8929.jpg

I'm sure public speaking and media relations tutorials are on the agenda.

If she can show up at the pointy end on occasion, her manner of speech will be less important.

I'm sure public speaking and media relations tutorials are on the agenda.

If she can show up at the pointy end on occasion, her manner of speech will be less important.
Hopefully they will find a way to kill her natural enthusiasm and turn her into a sponsor driven robot like all the male drivers. Cause different is bad.

Yeah ... she needs to be tamped down.

Don’t read too much into that.

Back
Top Bottom