Deegan update

Shouldn't this thread be in the ARCA section?

You guys are racing back and forth to put down your thoughts -- just put this in the ARCA Forum.
While I agree with you 100%, I haven't let it pull my knickers up my crack. Geez, is the subject worth eight posts?

I'll give y'all credit for not putting on your rose-colored glasses. I opened this today expecting another 'Bubba second at Daytona!!! :wub:' lovegasm.

Deegan is driving the odd truck race this year I believe so this thread belongs here, IMHO.
Also, followed deegan for quite some time and happy to see shes pretty grounded.

As long as she isn't another Danica, I'm fine. I have no problems with women in NASCAR, they should just earn their spot like any of the guys. Danica was nothing but a marketing gimmick. If Deegan continue to perform, she'll have my respect.

As long as she isn't another Danica, I'm fine. I have no problems with women in NASCAR, they should just earn their spot like any of the guys. Danica was nothing but a marketing gimmick. If Deegan continue to perform, she'll have my respect.

Love me some Patrick, but I would have loved her to go the Deegan route in several lower series first. But.....$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:
Love me some Patrick, but I would have loved her to go the Deegan route in several lower series first. But.....$$$$$$$$$$$$

She was 30, waaaaay past the age you try and acclimate to Cup.

I think she handled her first ARCA race at Daytona very well. Looked like she had a loose car and it was wiggling around a lot. Good car control.

Other than her rookie mistake of pushing through the corner and putting the 11 violently into the wall, she was solid.

Posting this trash is necessary, like it or not. I intend to continue to shine lights on pigs.
It’s a very vocal minority of the overall fanbase.

Pigs can be starved. Don’t feed the animals.

Taken where?

Greg Biffle was 33 years old the first time he climbed into a Cup car. Patrick had plenty of seat time in the B Main ... more than enough to acclimatize to cars with fenders.

I hear your point.
I dunno. As I said I love me some Patrick, but I wonder if she was studying film, in the simulator, etc like Deegan is.
I try to see all points.

It doesn’t matter what she did or didn’t do.

She couldn’t take the heat and she failed. Simple as that.
When she was employed by Tony,there were so many wrecked cars by her, the back of SHR used to look like a St.Patrick (pun intended) day parade

It doesn’t matter what she did or didn’t do.

She couldn’t take the heat and she failed. Simple as that.
I still think she never developed the communication skills to adequately tell a crew chief what she was feeling in or wanted in the car. It wasn't a matter of not taking the heat, it was more sponsors realizing she wasn't improving and taking their money elsewhere.

Suck it up.

I followed her when she was racing Formula Fords in Britain. I’m still a supporter. That doesn’t alter the facts.

Agreed. Facts are facts. Shes not racing anymore.

I'll point out that Hiers in the 11 either wouldn't or couldn't hold his line on the bottom when she was running lap after lap on the outside of him, I don't know if he was doing that on purpose to try and clear her on the side draft and unloading his wheel, but there was a couple times where he almost doored her. When she finally ducked in behind him she was square on him in the corner then he came off low and she came off higher than expected, over zealous on her part pushing a little too hard on exit (hopefully she'll learn from that one). There was some other questionable moves that I saw by Gravel and a few others that backfired on them trying to get around her, that if it was a veteran guy they would have stuck in behind and pushed for sure. The 17 teammate did a good job pushing her till his engine expired.

I'll point out that Hiers in the 11 either wouldn't or couldn't hold his line on the bottom when she was running lap after lap on the outside of him, I don't know if he was doing that on purpose to try and clear her on the side draft and unloading his wheel, but there was a couple times where he almost doored her. When she finally ducked in behind him she was square on him in the corner then he came off low and she came off higher than expected, over zealous on her part pushing a little too hard on exit (hopefully she'll learn from that one). There was some other questionable moves that I saw by Gravel and a few others that backfired on them trying to get around her, that if it was a veteran guy they would have stuck in behind and pushed for sure. The 17 teammate did a good job pushing her till his engine expired.
ARCA at Daytona.

I’m surprised there were more than 3 finishers.

You all expecting to see photos of ARCA Deegan posing on social media?

We're expecting to discuss a talented young driver who has raced, and will race, in NASCAR for years to come. Just as we have been discussing.

The only one talking about her posing for photos is you, and the only one concerned about her current status as an ARCA driver is you.

I never was impressed by the marketing machine that was Patrick but I am impressed by "that Deegan girl".
My only wish is that no stiff in an advertising agency convinces someone that she needs to go to charm school.
Her style is quite her own and her enthusiasm compared to that of nearly every other driver is absolutely refreshing.
She is a racer and that is what I love.
If any of this is an act then she has me fooled. I don't think so.

I never was impressed by the marketing machine that was Patrick but I am impressed by "that Deegan girl".
My only wish is that no stiff in an advertising agency convinces someone that she needs to go to charm school.
Her style is quite her own and her enthusiasm compared to that of nearly every other driver is absolutely refreshing.
She is a racer and that is what I love.
If any of this is an act then she has me fooled. I don't think so.
I have a subscription to "the Deegans" on YouTube. Most of it is the nonsensical antics of their young and crazy family in life but Dad films most of Hailie's racing experiences and that is mostly the stuff I watch. Here is one example. I can relate to when she is driving the beater truck. When I was that age I was doing the same thing.:D They are good kids

I have a subscription to "the Deegans" on YouTube. Most of it is the nonsensical antics of their young and crazy family in life but Dad films most of Hailie's racing experiences and that is mostly the stuff I watch. Here is one example. I can relate to when she is driving the beater truck. When I was that age I was doing the same thing.:D They are good kids

Thanks SOI!

great vid
dick trickle shirt!

Last edited:
Has she done Sports Illustrated yet? Some dirty old man wants to know.

@Allenbaba

hey one thing I noticed is the deegans LIVE in monster apparell. It puts me in mind of Kurt Busch and how much they promote their sponsor. I hope that sponsors appreciate that kind of commitment.

I hope all is well, miss ya here.

Yeah me too. Nascar needs a female to do well, that's my deal, and I have followed her dad's career for a long time, from back in the SPEED days. They are a racing family. I was impressed with the respect she got at Daytona, she established herself last year as a driver that won't take any sheet. She isn't out there flailing around and sawing at the wheel like sparkle pony, but has good car control

Yeah me too. Nascar needs a female to do well, that's my deal, and I have followed her dad's career for a long time, from back in the SPEED days. They are a racing family. I was impressed with the respect she got at Daytona, she established herself last year as a driver that won't take any sheet. She isn't out there flailing around and sawing at the wheel like sparkle pony, but has good car control

Dirt track experience will teach ya control....
she NEEDS to race Eldora.

I have a feeling she already has a ride for Eldora. Stewart owns the track(Ford) and he is sponsored by (Ford) races a sprint car(Ford) and has a WoO team that runs a(Ford) and Deegan's dad Brian races and is sponsored by (Ford) and Hailie drives a ya guessed it (Ford)

Back
Top Bottom