Deegan update

Seems the regular members of the "Heman Woman Haters Club" are alive and well.
Shame to go through life hoping a 21 year old young lady does poorly in her races so that
the members can ralley with the "I told you so's". When you consider one view of the big picture,
she is light years ahead in her career success of where 99% of this entire board , me included, was
when we were 21 years old. She has been an absolute joy to watch this year and firmly anticipate
her 3rd consecutive most popular truck driver award. #GoHailie.
I don’t think anyone here wants her to do poorly. I think we are being realistic. There are other people out there winning races that are her age. She has over 50 races in the truck series. It’s time she puts together some top 10s and top 5s.

How about your "wheelman" Preece screaming into 27th place? At least he's a guy eh?
Preece has Xfinity and truck wins, as well as a top notch modified resume. Can’t hold a candle to that 6th place run though by Deegan. Oh, and when I said Natalie Decker 2.0 I forgot that’s too good for her. Decker has a truck top 5.

Preece has Xfinity and truck wins, as well as a top notch modified resume. Can’t hold a candle to that 6th place run though by Deegan. Oh, and when I said Natalie Decker 2.0 I forgot that’s too good for her. Decker has a truck top 5.
oh yeah he is tearing it up in 27th

She’s like 15th out of 21 or 22 or whatever so she’s been doing alright but could be faster. Maybe she’ll get another xfinity race down the line but I don’t see her in Cup for a while.

I cant say anything until they come back, no stats. Thats what I focus on

Thorsport team-mates head to head.

Posted without comment.

1681872219204.png

1681872319106.png

1681872390228.png

Shame to go through life hoping a 21 year old young lady does poorly in her races so that
the members can ralley with the "I told you so's". When you consider one view of the big picture,
she is light years ahead in her career success of where 99% of this entire board , me included, was
when we were 21 years old. She has been an absolute joy to watch this year and firmly anticipate
Well said.

Will we see Deegan do this:

I sure hope so. But Im forever a Danicafreak. Always have been, always will be

man watching DP lead those laps in the freaking 500....first woman to do so under green,

SHIVERS.

Just listen to the crowd....

There would be no excuses in Xfinity for her abilities..

She would perform much better in Xfinity than Trucks because the disparity between the haves and have-nots is much larger in the Xfinity Series.

Some of us have actually worked behind the scenes to help women advance in this sport, women both on and off track.

But go off.

She would perform much better in Xfinity than Trucks because the disparity between the haves and have-nots is much larger in the Xfinity Series.

Some of us have actually worked behind the scenes to help women advance in this sport, women both on and off track.

But go off.
@Hotrod @AndyMarquisLive has a long documented history of wanting to see ladies succeed and interviewing them too.

I STILL cherish the tweet that @AndyMarquisLive had Haley Moody send me on my birthday.

But go off.
Thor Motorsports has 5 truck teams. They are the one of the "haves" in the truck series..

Thor Motorsports has 5 truck teams. They are the one of the "haves" in the truck series..

That's my point.

There is a much wider disparity between the haves and have-nots in Xfinity.

ThorSport is one of the top teams but Deegan's still running mid-pack. If she was running in Xfinity for Stewart Haas, her results would probably be similar with how many good drivers there are, but she wouldn't be outrun by, we'll say Lawless Alan in an Alpha Prime car. She'd probably run inside the top-15 consistently every week in Xfinity.

Not sure why she would do better in the more challenging Xfinity series. With that kind of logic she or any other struggling truck driver should just go directly to a Cup car.

Hailie has the same chance at a win in Xfin as she does in the Truck Series.
She simply doesn’t look like a threat for a top 10 on a weekly basis.

The sport needs that so bad. But they need to stop pushing the wrong ones.
What's with the pushing? Toyota hired her to drive ARCA, Ford hired her away to drive in the truck series. Isn't that the same thing that happens to male drivers? I don't remember anybody saying a male driver was pushed on the racing public.

What's with the pushing? Toyota hired her to drive ARCA, Ford hired her away to drive in the truck series. Isn't that the same thing that happens to male drivers? I don't remember anybody saying a male driver was pushed on the racing public.
I agree with this part. As long as she is getting deals to race she is has earned it like anyone else in the market.

I agree with this part. As long as she is getting deals to race she is has earned it like anyone else in the market.
Why the hell does she have to EARN anything. We hash and yap almost every day about golden spoon Male drivers but this female has a different standard she has to earn everything according to individual R-F members as to what ever the hell that is? The sport takes money to play it doesn't care what sex you are. If she stays in the sport or leaves, it sure as hell isn't going to come from the opinions of this board.

Why the hell does she have to EARN anything. We hash and yap almost every day about golden spoon Male drivers but this female has a different standard she has to earn everything according to individual R-F members as to what ever the hell that is? The sport takes money to play it doesn't care what sex you are. If she stays in the sport or leaves, it sure as hell isn't going to come from the opinions of this board.
“The golden spoon Male drivers” in top tier equipment all perform better than her.

And once again, people like you will defend the business model when it comes to Deegan. But will criticize it when drivers better than her get opportunities.

Texas: she finished p6. How she got there doesn’t matter. She finished p6 and y’all need to respect her as a great driver.

Bristol: she passed trucks in a heat race and scored stage points. The final result doesn’t matter, she ran toward the front for part of the race proving she’s great.

Martinsville: she doesn’t need to be great. This is a business and she brings sponsorship in and belongs even if she sucks.

Maybe earned is the wrong word. I was trying to agree and my intent was that if any driver has impressed an owner or sponsor enough to make it happen and they are approved for a Nascar series that qualifies the effort or attempt, male or female. We can debate whatever is the most worthy path or not but the stated criteria doesn't change much at least in terms of having the right to exsist.

In the bigger picture I think Nascar just needs to have more females working their way through the truck series, xfinity and maybe one day to a sucessful cup career.

You never know for sure how well any driver they will do as they advance. But maybe when there are at least a half dozen or more females doing it with the good skills, one them will have that breakout sucess to an elite status. I have seen lots of drivers that flopped in cup that I felt like were sure things. There is power in the numbers.

Maybe earned is the wrong word. I was trying to agree and my intent was that if any driver has impressed an owner or sponsor enough to make it happen and they are approved for a Nascar series that qualifies the effort or attempt, male or female. We can debate whatever is the most worthy path or not but the stated criteria doesn't change much at least in terms of having the right to exsist.

In the bigger picture I think Nascar just needs to have more females working their way through the truck series, xfinity and maybe one day to a sucessful cup career.

You never know for sure how well any driver they will do as they advance. But maybe when there are at least a half dozen or more females doing it with the good skills, one them will have that breakout sucess to an elite status. I have seen lots of drivers that flopped in cup that I felt like were sure things. There is power in the numbers.

That's one of my points. The way some of the so called fans treat women in the sport is deplorable. It can do nothing but improve viewership and set the sport apart from the others.

That's one of my points. The way some of the so called fans treat women in the sport is deplorable. It can do nothing but improve viewership and set the sport apart from the others.
I think Hailie Deegan is a setback for women in this sport. Given that she’s publicly trashed other women in racing (Decker especially), and hasn’t had the results to back up any of her commentary about “old guys.”

I am not that big on Deegan but I agree with your post in a lot of ways.
I think both sides go to an extreme, I am sure many people don't want a female to succeed but I think there is also a side that crusades for a women to breakthrough and make it.

I will not attempt to guess who threw the first thing in the food fight and at this point I don't know if that matters. It is just an seemingly almost inevitable food fight. I think it will be that way to until one of the wimmins wins enough to make it less of an issue or story and that is a statement of the conditions not a criticism or attempt to blame.

So she didn’t make that comment about how she’s a driver not a model (a direct cheap **** at Natalie Decker) when Hailie does THE EXACT SAME THING to promote herself?

She didn’t call ARCA drivers who outran her creepy old dudes?

I haven't seen any rule that says only 1 girl can participate in NASCAR at the same time. So, if another girl can do better there is nothing stopping her other than maybe finances. That isn't Deegan's fault. She got hers and they need to get theirs if they want a chance to play.

Johanna Long was the best female driver I've ever seen, but she was only cute and not "model hot" so she never got a fair opportunity.
I really would have loved to see her land a deal that would have allowed her to showcase her talent. Unfortunately she didn’t, so I don’t even know if she is still racing.

Xfinity races tend to be less chaotic than truck races which might help her as well.
She still wouldn't compete for wins in Xfinity if she made the jump right now. I can't think of any driver who usually ran between 15th-20th in trucks and suddenly turned out to be a contender in Xfinity.

Back
Top Bottom