Deegan update

If you’re looking for that girl, she finished third in the South Carolina 400 at Florence. Her name is Isabella Robusto.
There's plenty of talented female drivers out there. Is she the next one? No idea this is the 1st I've heard of her. Let's not forget Johanna Long also won the snowball derby and never amounted to much in nascar

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

There's plenty of talented female drivers out there. Is she the next one? No idea this is the 1st I've heard of her. Let's not forget Johanna Long also won the snowball derby and never amounted to much in nascar

Johanna never got a fair shot because if Danicamania. She made the most of what she has and didn’t get rewarded for it.

Johanna never got a fair shot because if Danicamania. She made the most of what she has and didn’t get rewarded for it.
I guess the point I was trying to make is it takes a lot more than running good in some big late model races. Also need a lot of good breaks.

Me personally I can't wait for the day that nascar has a top level competitive female driver.

Remember, she has a 'Social following ', so that should be good enough ...

I saw her last night for the first time. She’s impressive.

She kept her car clean, didn’t abuse her tires and was up at the front at the end ... when it counts.

That's exactly what it is. Monster doesn't actually sponsor Herbst, but they have a connection to his family's regional convenience store chain. Monster doesn't pay a dime to be on the 98 car.
so how does shr get payed

That's exactly what it is. Monster doesn't actually sponsor Herbst, but they have a connection to his family's regional convenience store chain. Monster doesn't pay a dime to be on the 98 car.
Doesn't make any sense. If they are going to put just any sponsor on the car for free, they would put their own business on there.

Doesn't make any sense. If they are going to put just any sponsor on the car for free, they would put their own business on there.
It makes perfect sense and it's been talked about many times in many places before this conversation.

Terrible Herbst is a southwestern US regional chain. They retail a lot of Monster. Being a regional chain with a small footprint, they have weighed the pros and cons of committing to national advertising of their own brand versus offering that ad space to Monster in exchange for benefits with them at the retail level. Terrible Herbst's gets nothing out of being on the hood of Riley's car in Loudon, New Hampshire, but if they get reduced pricing on Monster from the source to allow their profit margins to be higher on that product in their stores, then that benefits them every day of the week regardless of where Riley is racing.

It makes perfect sense and it's been talked about many times in many places before this conversation.

Terrible Herbst is a southwestern US regional chain. They retail a lot of Monster. Being a regional chain with a small footprint, they have weighed the pros and cons of committing to national advertising of their own brand versus offering that ad space to Monster in exchange for benefits with them at the retail level. Terrible Herbst's gets nothing out of being on the hood of Riley's car in Loudon, New Hampshire, but if they get reduced pricing on Monster from the source to allow their profit margins to be higher on that product in their stores, then that benefits them every day of the week regardless of where Riley is racing.
For free out of the goodness of their hearts lol.

For free out of the goodness of their hearts lol.
They get a more favorable distribution deal from Monster Energy (aka Business #1) that benefits their own company, Terrible Herbst (aka Business #2), in exchange for allowing Monster to have their ad space on the 98 car. This is what a B2B ("Business to Business") deal is all about and it happens in NASCAR all the time.

Do you understand how B2B deals work?

This is what I am commenting on. Monster is paying one way or another, they aren't on the car for free.

Had a bunch of Ford meetings and a commercial to shoot yesterday. Some of the slower ones will figure it out lol.

Like this ??
Screenshot_20221122-123653_Google.jpg

If you’re looking for that girl, she finished third in the South Carolina 400 at Florence. Her name is Isabella Robusto.
We’ll see but I disagree at the moment. Let’s not forget Deegan won races at the K&N level and finished 13th in her first Xfinity race.

We’ll see but I disagree at the moment. Let’s not forget Deegan won races at the K&N level and finished 13th in her first Xfinity race.

K&N West. And never once won making a clean pass. The competition Robusto has won against at Hickory and raced against at Florence is much tougher than what Hailie was competing against in K&N West. Fact.

Her Xfinity debut was extremely by her standards, the best run of her career by a country mile, but a lot more drivers have had much more impressive debuts. Also, pit strategy played a big factor in her finishing position in that race.

K&N West. And never once won making a clean pass. The competition Robusto has won against at Hickory and raced against at Florence is much tougher than what Hailie was competing against in K&N West. Fact.

Her Xfinity debut was extremely by her standards, the best run of her career by a country mile, but a lot more drivers have had much more impressive debuts. Also, pit strategy played a big factor in her finishing position in that race.
Not very much IMO. You watched that late model race and talk about clean passes lol. Every time I switched over to watch it from the midgets there was a caution for somebody spinning somebody or running them off the track. It was a clown show.

Not very much IMO. You watched that late model race and talk about clean passes lol. Every time I switched over to watch it from the midgets there was a caution for somebody spinning somebody or running them off the track. It was a clown show.

One of Hailie's top-10 finishes in Trucks was a result of her just surviving carnage and I was told, repeatedly, that it was the greatest performance by a female driver in the history of NASCAR.

But Isabella finished third against one of the strongest LMSC fields and has wins at Hickory and they're clown shows?

Okay.

🤡

I thought she drove a bit too aggressive but there was nothing wrong with a bump and run at the LVMS Bullring on Jagger Jones.

C’mon now. You also forgot the pole she had at Sonoma in 2019 with a 30+ car field including Cup drivers.

Andy is always coming up with the next great female hope. There are tons of female talent in all disciplines of racing these days.

I thought she drove a bit too aggressive but there was nothing wrong with a bump and run at the LVMS Bullring on Jagger Jones.

C’mon now. You also forgot the pole she had at Sonoma in 2019 with a 30+ car field including Cup drivers.

Meridian and Colorado were not clean. She flat out wrecked her teammate at Colorado to win.

Deegan has some talent. But so far, we've seen a few flashes of potential in an otherwise mundane career, and the sample size is now much larger than K&N West. A good run or two every year isn't good enough.

This is almost as good as the Danicamania Excuseapalooza.

The writing is on the wall. Right now, unless Ford is going to work a miracle for her, Deegan's best hope for 2023 is either stay in Trucks another year, where she will have to win and have to consistently run top-10, or get a mid-tier Xfinity ride.

Meridian and Colorado were not clean. She flat out wrecked her teammate at Colorado to win.

Deegan has some talent. But so far, we've seen a few flashes of potential in an otherwise mundane career, and the sample size is now much larger than K&N West. A good run or two every year isn't good enough.

I’m just correcting you’re statement and trying to point out that she has won on the dirt before racing fair enough.

Hailie should be in Lucas Oil Off Road. I miss that Series. She’d bring a lot of decent attention along with RobMac.

I’m just correcting you’re statement and trying to point out that she has won on the dirt before racing fair enough.

Hailie should be in Lucas Oil Off Road. I miss that Series. She’d bring a lot of decent attention along with RobMac.

If Hailie's serious about this asphalt stuff, she should be getting more seat time. Running Late Model races on off-weekends or during the offseason would certainly help.

Doesn't necessarily have to be the Snowball Derby. Truthfully, I get not putting her in that, because she probably wouldn't make the field and it would kill her confidence. But, if I was Ford, I'd have her in a car at Southern National this weekend.

And I don't care if SOI 🤡 thinks Late Model Stock races are clown shows. North Wilkesboro wasn't. Martinsville wasn't. The CARS Tour isn't. The Hampton Heat 200 wasn't. The Fall Brawl wasn't. The South Boston 200 had one big wreck in an otherwise solid race.

1669153276038.png

Deegan is having meetings with Ford and making a commercial. That sounds promising over a bunch of whiners doing what they do best lol.

If Hailie's serious about this asphalt stuff, she should be getting more seat time. Running Late Model races on off-weekends or during the offseason would certainly help.

Doesn't necessarily have to be the Snowball Derby. Truthfully, I get not putting her in that, because she probably wouldn't make the field and it would kill her confidence. But, if I was Ford, I'd have her in a car at Southern National this weekend.

And I don't care if SOI 🤡 thinks Late Model Stock races are clown shows. North Wilkesboro wasn't. Martinsville wasn't. The CARS Tour isn't. The Hampton Heat 200 wasn't. The Fall Brawl wasn't. The South Boston 200 had one big wreck in an otherwise solid race.

I agree with you but ultimately it’s all what a sponsor can bring. She likes being on social media with Cabre.

Your not Ford lol.

This is almost as good as the Danicamania Excuseapalooza.

The writing is on the wall. Right now, unless Ford is going to work a miracle for her, Deegan's best hope for 2023 is either stay in Trucks another year, where she will have to win and have to consistently run top-10, or get a mid-tier Xfinity ride.
I've been wondering for quite some time now how far Ford will push her along on social media following alone. I'm sure it's a very tough decision to cut ties with somebody that has that type of footprint, because you'll be wanting them so badly to succeed on track, but Danica was the same thing. This, so far, is a milder version of Danica in every way.

If next season goes the same as this season did, then I could see Hailie becoming a Ford rep that goes to events, does demo rides, shoots videos Hoonigan style, and steps away from fulltime racing to forge more of an automotive media/marketing career away from the track.

Five of HendrickCars.com’s six highest-traffic days of the year have been attributed to its sponsorship of the No. 5 team, including four Cup Series race days when Larson led the most laps or won. In February, the reveal of the HendrickCars.com paint scheme drove the site’s highest one-day visitor count in more than 12 months. Since then, it has seen significant increases in overall traffic (up 27%), vehicle sales leads (up 18%), digital retail leads (up 37%) and trade evaluations (up 61%).

Five of HendrickCars.com’s six highest-traffic days of the year have been attributed to its sponsorship of the No. 5 team, including four Cup Series race days when Larson led the most laps or won. In February, the reveal of the HendrickCars.com paint scheme drove the site’s highest one-day visitor count in more than 12 months. Since then, it has seen significant increases in overall traffic (up 27%), vehicle sales leads (up 18%), digital retail leads (up 37%) and trade evaluations (up 61%).
Pays to sponsor yourself. Good business model in lieu of sponsorship... If your pockets are deep and sell a lot of product...
I wonder how many of those leads turned into sales...

Back
Top Bottom