Deegan update

ThorSport had some pretty strong numbers with Toyota over the years
with 3 Championships. Might be a little bit of a learning curve going back to Fords.
They did get a Championship in a Ford with Crafton in 2019 however.

I spent some time looking at Deegan and Patricks wiki's and I like
the experience Deegan has under her belt compared to where Patrick
was at the same age.

please let her rattle off 4+ wins and I'm here for it.
It would be the best thing to happen to NASCAR since the 1979 Daytona 500 if she became a dominant driver.

Fanbase would double and she’d become one of the most popular athletes in America.

But @StandOnIt is right, either way, the sponsorship money she brings in and her unnatural marketing talents, no matter what, she’ll move up and get better equipment.

She will be in Cup in a top tier team by 2026 with front page articles in SI and a household name as a sponsor. No matter what.

Results don’t matter. Hailie’s looks, personality and marketing prowess matter much more. Looks being the main driver.

Everyone involved in the Hailie Deegan experiment is in too deep to end it at this point. IF Deegan becomes a contender, the potential for her as a marketing force for NASCAR is unlike anything this sport has seen in a generation, and that potential is what's being chased. Looks, personality, social media following, she has every other piece to become the future of American stock car racing, but the lingering question is talent.

No matter what, she will be in a top-tier Cup ride by 2026.
I wasn't convinced awhile back, but I'm starting to agree with this. I think she's going to run this one year with ThorSport plus get a few more Xfinity starts. Then for 2024 get pushed into fulltime Xfinity because "you can't learn as much in the truck series", and after two seasons of Xfinity it'll be a push to maximize the marketing potential by getting her into a Cup seat. Just my speculation.

The thing is, marketing wise, we've seen this song and dance before, and I don't feel it will have the same impact the second time. It would be a different story if she ends up being a Cup title contender.

I wasn't convinced awhile back, but I'm starting to agree with this. I think she's going to run this one year with ThorSport plus get a few more Xfinity starts. Then for 2024 get pushed into fulltime Xfinity because "you can't learn as much in the truck series", and after two seasons of Xfinity it'll be a push to maximize the marketing potential by getting her into a Cup seat. Just my speculation.

The thing is, marketing wise, we've seen this song and dance before, and I don't feel it will have the same impact the second time. It would be a different story if she ends up being a Cup title contender.

Yep. If Deegan can win races in trucks and xfinity, the sport will explode with her in cup.

If she can’t, she’ll still be in a top ride but it won’t bring much to the table for growth. She’d be Diet Danica.

It would be the best thing to happen to NASCAR since the 1979 Daytona 500 if she became a dominant driver.

Fanbase would double and she’d become one of the most popular athletes in America.

But @StandOnIt is right, either way, the sponsorship money she brings in and her unnatural marketing talents, no matter what, she’ll move up and get better equipment.

She will be in Cup in a top tier team by 2026 with front page articles in SI and a household name as a sponsor. No matter what.

Results don’t matter. Hailie’s looks, personality and marketing prowess matter much more. Looks being the main driver.
I told you that 25 pages ago that it isn't important about the win column but you still have those that for 6 years have been saying oh, she had better win or she's gone. When you have decent car control, solid sponsorship and a very large loyal and increasing fan base you are driving. She is getting more press than any other driver switch this year incl KDB. That should clue a person in.

I told you that 25 pages ago that it isn't important about the win column but you still have those that for 6 years have been saying oh, she had better win or she's gone. When you have decent car control, solid sponsorship and a very large loyal and increasing fan base you are driving. She is getting more press than any other driver switch this year incl KDB. That should clue a person in.
Wrong.

Your argument was that she’s a great driver. Then it was she’s great on social media. It’s only recently changed to “it doesn’t matter if she sucks.”

You’re STILL making the argument that she’s a good driver.

You’re like a politician, you’ll say whatever you have to say to win an argument then be “right.”

My argument is, if Deegan wasn’t a hot woman, she would already be gone and that’s misogynist in itself.

Post # 21 25 pages ago. She now has 512 thousand followers on Youtube
1671167952740.png

Post # 21 25 pages ago. She now has 512 thousand followers on Youtube
View attachment 66921

You have defended many of her poor performances by making excuses, you talked about how much she'd improve in her second year, you and other Hailie supporters have gotten in on the "she gets wrecked because she's a girl" crap and "she's in bad equipment" BS.

Don't try to walk all that back now.

I've said all along, IF she is good enough to win, she'll be the biggest superstar in recent NASCAR history. But, so far, she hasn't.

She'll go to Cup, in a top-tier team solely on her looks and her YouTube account, but if she isn't good enough to win, it won't move any needles. She'll just be a super popular driver in an unpopular sport.

She won't be a superstar unless she wins races. That's the bottom line.

For Deegan's most diehard supporters, running P17 and making YouTube videos is good enough for them. Because they only like her because she's hot.

But she won't bring any new eyeballs to the sport unless she wins. Again, popular driver in an unpopular sport.

What's even funnier is how many of the people who simp for Hailie and excuse her poor performances and cite her social media following as NASCAR history were Danica's most vocal critics.

EVERYTHING has been put into Hailie Deegan's success. If she doesn't finish top-10 in points and win at least one race, she's a bust.
This is the truth.

But also, it isn't. The truth is money matters. As long as she doesn't make her sponsors and owners look bad, she can top 15 her way through a career.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wrong.

Your argument was that she’s a great driver. Then it was she’s great on social media. It’s only recently changed to “it doesn’t matter if she sucks.”

You’re like a politician, you’ll say whatever you have to say to win an argument then be “right.”

My argument is, if Deegan wasn’t a hot woman, she would already be gone and that’s misogynist in itself.
A woman... How old is she now? Man, time flies. I remember her as a kid

This is the truth.

But also, it isn't. The truth is money matters. As long as she doesn't make her sponsors and owners look bad, she can top 15 her way through a career.

She can and likely will get to Cup in a sport that's not a meritocracy, but that doesn't change the designation if her entire career ends up being mediocre.

Personally, I think we've seen what we're going to see from her in the Truck Series, and I'm almost inclined to agree that she might do better in Xfinity. The equipment disparity alone between the haves and have-nots would put her in the top half of the field regardless. Those Truck races are ****fests. Deegan puts herself in that position, but they're still ****shows.

She's not as bad as, say, Natalie Decker. Not even close, she'd drive circles around Decker. But she's not a top-tier talent. The areas where she struggles are related to skill, not equipment or experience.

Wrong.

Yep

Still not as “popular” as Danica was.
She had strong sponsorship and plenty of fans until she didn't. The difference is that Deegan has more car control than Danica and her media work is much more organized. Danica's Go Daddy did more harm than good advancing her up thru the ranks to way over her skill level. Teams took the money and looked the other way.

Still not as “popular” as Danica was.
Nope.

Danica Patrick was a household name. Hailie Deegan is not.

Marketing “potential” will get her to Cup. After that, though, she will have to perform in order to continue. Even Danica couldn’t rake in the cash after a certain point.

She had strong sponsorship and plenty of fans until she didn't. You would think at least some of the Einsteins would have figured it out by now.
Yeah, when she couldn’t perform and the writing was on the wall, the gimmick wore off, the fans jumped off the bandwagon and the sponsors left.

But according to you, that won’t happen to Hailie if she spends her entire career in 25th place because she’s hot. Sorry, has a social media following.

She had strong sponsorship and plenty of fans until she didn't. The difference is that Deegan has more car control than Danica and her media work is much more organized. Danica's Go Daddy did more harm than good advancing her up thru the ranks to way over her skill level. Teams took the money and looked the other way.
Uhhh Danica's media push was very well organized. She posed years before her Cup debut in FHM and Sports Illustrated, which strategically catapulted her into becoming the most household name IRL driver at the time. She was very much kept in the media in mainstream entertainment and gossip magazines and shows, and she capitalized on that fame to get a Cup ride in order to make the most money possible. Which is fine, but from a PR standpoint, that was all very purposeful and took probably more effort than just spitting out corny YouTube videos.

Uhhh Danica's media push was very well organized. She posed years before her Cup debut in FHM and Sports Illustrated, which strategically catapulted her into becoming the most household name IRL driver at the time. She was very much kept in the media in mainstream entertainment and gossip magazines and shows, and she capitalized on that fame to get a Cup ride in order to make the most money possible. Which is fine, but from a PR standpoint, that was all very purposeful and took probably more effort than just spitting out corny YouTube videos.
Deegan's has lasted over 6 years, how long for Danica's mess. When Go Daddy dropped her it was a quick slide downhill. Very disorganized

Deegan's has lasted over 6 years, how long for Danica's mess. When Go Daddy dropped her it was a quick slide downhill. Very disorganized
@cheesepuffs' point is, Hailie Deegan has NOWHERE near the following or mainstream appeal Danica had.

Comparing social media numbers today to someone who was a household name before Twitter, Instagram and TikTok were invented (and before FB and YouTube were mainstream) is like comparing Taylor Swift's social media following to Elvis Presley. (And even then, Danica Patrick has 10x the following Hailie Deegan has on Twitter.)

Danica Patrick was literally a household name. Literally. Her picture was everywhere. The ARCA race she ran in 2010 got a higher rating than many Cup races today get.

Hailie Deegan isn't anywhere close to what Danica was. The sport's fanbase is a fraction of what it was. And Hailie Deegan isn't as accomplished as Danica Patrick was, and IMO, not as talented. If Danica had stayed in open wheel, she would've collected a Borg Warner.

You say Danica's "mess" was disorganized because she only lasted a few years after GoDaddy dropped her... what about Deegan? She has Ford and Monster, and that's it. I don't think it will happen, but what if Ford decides, at the end of the year, Deegan's not worth it and moves on?

I’m rooting for her. It’ll be great for her to win, and a win for her would spell triumph for the sport. Not losing faith yet. ThorSport is a top team, better than DGR (although they were arguably pretty good), so this is prime time. The goal should be top tens, an introduction to top fives, and a breakthrough or three.

In the near future, a young woman will join the ranks of NASCAR drivers and will be competitive on a regular basis.

Who is she? There are 4 candidates on the entry list for The Chili Bowl Nationals ... choose your favorite.

She was.

I think Jade Avedisian has the potential to be better than Bryson. Taylor Reimer and Mariah Ede aren’t far behind.
They are all pretty good. They could get enough name recognition if they do really well at the Chili Bowl that somebody would pick them up. Locals Bryson from Muskogee and Reimer from Tulsa are crowd favorites.

I’m rooting for her. It’ll be great for her to win, and a win for her would spell triumph for the sport. Not losing faith yet. ThorSport is a top team, better than DGR (although they were arguably pretty good), so this is prime time. The goal should be top tens, an introduction to top fives, and a breakthrough or three.
Same here. I'm happy for her and wish her well at ThorSport. It's rough down there in that Truck Series. Some of those kids will do anything to even give themselves a shot at a win. I hope she has a good season next year, has fun, and doesn't get taken out or involved in others' messes every week.

Back
Top Bottom