Deegan update

So you are saying she is going to do worse driving for the number one truck team in the series?
I’m saying she hasn’t improved so far. Racing doesn’t seem to be her main focus.
I’m saying she doesn’t finish in the top 15 in 2023. You refuse to give your prediction for 2023. 🤷🏻‍♂️ For some reason you’re afraid to commit to a number; top 10?, top 15?, top 20?
I don’t watch any of her juvenile SM videos. I have no interest in Hailie outside of racing.
I care what a driver does when they have the helmet on. I don’t care what she does when she climbs out of the racecar.
I hope she does well, I’m being realistic when I predict she won’t.

5263757F-BFFA-4771-BC20-FC1493C64F48.jpeg

But I hate women in racing according to SOI🤡 LOL

I’m saying she hasn’t improved so far. Racing doesn’t seem to be her main focus.
I’m saying she doesn’t finish in the top 15 in 2023. You refuse to give your prediction for 2023. 🤷🏻‍♂️ For some reason you’re afraid to commit to a number; top 10?, top 15?, top 20?
I don’t watch any of her juvenile SM videos. I have no interest in Hailie outside of racing.
I care what a driver does when they have the helmet on. I don’t care what she does when she climbs out of the racecar.
I hope she does well, I’m being realistic when I predict she won’t.
I understand that you think having over a million followers on tic toc and a half a million on YouTube is juvenile. Not understanding that in order to compete in Nascar, having strong backing is the way racing in Nascar works. There is plenty of talent out there but if you want to race you have to attract followers and sponsors. Like Penske says if we don't have a sponsor we don't race.

I understand that you think having over a million followers on tic toc and a half a million on YouTube is juvenile. Not understanding that in order to compete in Nascar, having strong backing is the way racing in Nascar works. There is plenty of talent out there but if you want to race you have to attract followers and sponsors. Like Penske say if we don't have a sponsor we don't race.
Explain in detail how having millions of social media followers improves driver ability. That’s really all I’m interested in when I watch racing; is this driver a threat to win…

Explain in detail how having millions of social media followers improves driver ability. That’s really all I’m interested in when I watch racing; is this driver a threat to win…
They move up the ladder and drive better equipment in Hailie's case. You are in a better situation with Matt Crafton giving you advice on seat height to experiment with for better visibility in the Ford instead of one kid with a year more experience than you and another one who this year is old enough to be able to race on the large tracks. You are with a team that has the setups down instead of we had it earlier in the year but we lost it.

@StandOnIt
I’m asking you to commit to a number on where you believe Hailie will finish in 2023.
Can you pick a number between
They move up the ladder and drive better equipment in Hailie's case. You are in a better situation with Matt Crafton giving you advice on seat height to experiment with for better visibility in the Ford instead of one kid with a year more experience than you and another one who this year is old enough to be able to race on the large tracks. You are with a team that has the setups down instead of we had it earlier in the year but we lost it.
What??? 😵‍💫

I will agree; you have no idea.
Social media is never and has never been a factor in driver ability in any racing series.
I expect 2023 will be similar to 2022 for Hailie Deegan.
I could care less either way. I'll continue to enjoy her racing and their vids, they do a lot of stuff I used to do when I was their age, and you can do what you do.

Deflect all you want. I’m asking for a number. Where does Hailie finish 2023?
Please no more derp.
I’m not drunk, old man.
I have answered your question more then once. She will do better than last year which is better than finishing in 25th.

I have answered your question more then once. She will do better than last year which is better than finishing in 25th.
So, your expectation is that she won’t finish any better than she did last year.
That’s some real improvement. Anyone would invest in that, amirite?

My guess without watching is that is a wingless micro sprint.
thanks KKfan I dont watch much midget racing but that may change. What is the diff between a winged microsprint and midget?

thanks KKfan I dont watch much midget racing but that may change. What is the diff between a winged microsprint and midget?
Microsprints basically run the equivalent of a 600 cc motorcycle engine at the top level. She races them I know at Millbridge and has at the Tulsa Shootout which is a week before the Chili Bowl and features over 1000 micro sprints. They come in several different engine varieties and can be winged or non winged. Think of them as stepping stones to full size sprint cars.

Microsprints basically run the equivalent of a 600 cc motorcycle engine at the top level. She races them I know at Millbridge and has at the Tulsa Shootout which is a week before the Chili Bowl and features over 1000 micro sprints. They come in several different engine varieties and can be winged or non winged. Think of them as stepping stones to full size sprint cars.
Appreciate the explanation. Thanks for your kindness!

Am I correct in saying the wing allows for higher speeds in the corners? From a noobs viewpoint it sure looks it

Am I correct in saying the wing allows for higher speeds in the corners? From a noobs viewpoint it sure looks it
It creates downforce so yes. It's less pronounced in micros because of the size but for example full size sprint cars the winged lap record at Eldora is 12.59 non wing is 14.71

How about this?

If she wins a truck race this year, I will go streaking next year at Daytona, as long as at least one of you guys agrees to join me in order to help avoid causing over 1 million people to go permanently blind.

Just an idea and I think it’s a safe bet. ;);););):dunce::booya::whoopee::owquitit:

It's been a while. If I recall correctly, 80% of this thread is people trashing on Hailee and trashing on people trashing on Hailee... And the other 20% is either assuming people are trashing on Hailee or irrationally supporting Hailee...anything change?

The way I see it is that until a female driver has success at this level, she will always be scrutinized. In a sport that's all about money, she isn't necessarily sticking around "because she's hot." Her talent, looks, marketability etc are all part of why she is funded, and funding gets you rides.

Hailee is just the next female driver who is going to face unfair scrutiny until one of them has success. Either the marketability goes stale and she flames out or she wins a lower series race or two and becomes part of cup.

She's a more scrutinized Aric Almirola or Paul Menard.

"Only has a ride because she's hot"
"She's unfairly scrutinized" are two halves of the same coin.

I hope she wins. I don't know if she will. But what I do know is that she clearly knows she may not be performing to expectation, and she's doing what she's doing to remain relevant in the sport.

This isn't the NBA. It's not all about talent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It's been a while. If I recall correctly, 80% of this thread is people trashing on Hailee and trashing on people trashing on Hailee... And the other 20% is either assuming people are trashing on Hailee or irrationally supporting Hailee...anything change?

The way I see it is that until a female driver has success at this level, she will always be scrutinized. In a sport that's all about money, she isn't necessarily sticking around "because she's hot." Her talent, looks, marketability etc are all part of why she is funded, and funding gets you rides.

Hailee is just the next female driver who is going to face unfair scrutiny until one of them has success. Either the marketability goes stale and she flames out or she wins a lower series race or two and becomes part of cup.

She's a more scrutinized Aric Almirola or Paul Menard.

"Only has a ride because she's hot"
"She's unfairly scrutinized" are two halves of the same coin.

I hope she wins. I don't know if she will. But what I do know is that she clearly knows she may not be performing to expectation, and she's doing what she's doing to remain relevant in the sport.

This isn't the NBA. It's not all about talent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Aric & Paul were a lot better than you think in the Truck Series & the Busch Series.

Hailie should worry about finishing in the top 10 every full moon.

Aric & Paul were a lot better than you think in the Truck Series & the Busch Series.

Hailie should worry about finishing in the top 10 every full moon.
That's kinda like comparing apples and oranges. Aric and Paul had a lot more stock car appearance than her before making it to nascar. Who's fault is that? Well I guess a little bit of everyone involved. I just can't figure out why if Ford wants her to be successful they don't have her behind the wheel of anything and everything.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

That's kinda like comparing apples and oranges. Aric and Paul had a lot more stock car appearance than her before making it to nascar. Who's fault is that? Well I guess a little bit of everyone involved. I just can't figure out why if Ford wants her to be successful they don't have her behind the wheel of anything and everything.

We need the Dale Jr Download or DBC for that I guess.

Here's someone who is an insider and knows. 👇👇👇

She does the bare minimum. Is never around the shop (even once blew off a seat fitting). I am sure she does sim, but only if it's scheduled. She'll never ask for more time. She won't even sign fan mail! Most kids at the Truck level live in the shops and at the tracks. They (well, most) spend every waking minute working on their careers. I would be surprised if she knew the name of the hauler driver. She was like that way with Toyota too, which is why they punted her. Data showed she wasn't good enough to climb the ladder, and their experiences showed she probably wouldn't do what it took to get good enough.

Even with social media, she does the bare minimum, at least for Monster & Ford. Whatever it says in her contract. Most of her feed is spent promoting her, or her personal sponsors. So, we talk a lot in this thread about her millions of followers. But if those millions of followers aren't moving the needle in a way that warrants millions of dollars, what good are they? I know that has been brought up a lot amongst the marketing people.

Again, I am really hoping she changes. I want her to do well. And I know that maturity does bring that potential. People are capable, I have seen it with other drivers, and in all walks of life. So I wouldn't write her off. I also know that her new group will tolerate much less than the old group, so hopefully there will be a lot of tough love that lands.

I think Danica was more just difficult to work with and be around (hard to approach, etc), but I do believe she took the racing side seriously. I hadn't ever heard of her not caring about the car or performance. That doesn't mean she did! It just means I had never heard that about her, and I have heard plenty.

I heard the same stuff about her time at TRD. And Hailie's camp not wanting to run her in Late Models in off weeks because it might "hurt her confidence."

Back
Top Bottom