Deegan update

I dont believe that - but you know yourself there are some out there that are misogynists
There are some, however, even then … EVERYONE in the sport wants Hailie Deegan to succeed because of what she could be for the sport.

However, it appears that’s simply not going to happen. We’re close to halfway through season three and there hasn’t been any noticeable improvement at all. We’re hearing the same tired excuses and the same arguments every week. Her defenders say the same thing every race.

The writing is on the wall. She’s not even as good as Danica Patrick. I mean, Hailie Deegan’s performances are awful. Especially in the second half of these races.

There are some, however, even then … EVERYONE in the sport wants Hailie Deegan to succeed because of what she could be for the sport.

However, it appears that’s simply not going to happen. We’re close to halfway through season three and there hasn’t been any noticeable improvement at all. We’re hearing the same tired excuses and the same arguments every week. Her defenders say the same thing every race.

The writing is on the wall. She’s not even as good as Danica Patrick. I mean, Hailie Deegan’s performances are awful. Especially in the second half of these races.
Bubba Wallace winning cup races is a big deal. Hailie Deegan making it to cup and winning races would be a way bigger deal.

Bubba Wallace winning cup races is a big deal. Hailie Deegan making it to cup and winning races would be a way bigger deal.
It would be one of the biggest moments in the history of professional sports and that’s no hyperbole, and possibly the most significant moment in NASCAR since Black Sunday.

There’s a reason everyone is so invested in her success. But the writing is on the wall.

If she wasn’t a girl people wouldn’t be wasting resources on her. Not misogynistic. I think people want her to succeed. I just don’t think she’s the one. It seems she’s more interested in social media than she is interested in winning races. Immature, IMO.
This collective effort for her success won’t continue forever if she doesn’t improve.

I do believe that Deegan will inevitably be in Cup. Whether it’s for a team like Front Row or a team like RFK or SHR is what her performance will determine.

I 100% think that her floor will be struggling to score top 30s for a lower tier Ford team in Cup. She’s marketable enough that some company will be happy to have her social media presence, even if it means getting mediocre results on the track.

I do believe that Deegan will inevitably be in Cup. Whether it’s for a team like Front Row or a team like RFK or SHR is what her performance will determine.

I 100% think that her floor will be struggling to score top 30s for a lower tier Ford team in Cup. She’s marketable enough that some company will be happy to have her social media presence, even if it means getting mediocre results on the track.
and thats what I dont want to see. I dont want to her in a cup car and be happy running in the 30s.

I think she'll be in Cup by 2025, 2026 at the latest.

If she goes to Xfinity next year, her results will improve because of the disparity in equipment between top-tier teams and bottom-tier teams. She'll get a few top-10s and it'll be enough to convince a top Ford team to sign her.

There is absolutely a place for women in NASCAR and motorsports at large. Eventually the right driver will come along and have the success on track to match the publicity.

Hallie Deegan is not the answer. She just isn’t good enough. 2 top 10’s in 3 full time truck seasons. In competitive stuff.

Admitting as much doesn’t make you a scoundrel.

There is absolutely a place for women in NASCAR and motorsports at large. Eventually the right driver will come along and have the success on track to match the publicity.

Hallie Deegan is not the answer. She just isn’t good enough. 2 top 10’s in 3 full time truck seasons. In competitive stuff.

Admitting as much doesn’t make you a scoundrel.

Better drivers have been passed up on during Hailie Hype.

all i see is a young girl thats been racing her whole life.is now racing in nascar,good for her, what are you doing this weekend!?:p
Simply put @acmerocket. Well done. I have enjoyed following her career as well as Danicas.
Since meeting Shirley Muldowney and Lyn St. James in the pits back in the 90's , I've been intrigued with females
in motorsports ever since.

I’ve previously said that I don’t believe anyone here wishes for Hailie to be a failure.
Honest questions for the Hailie fanbase:
Do you think Hailie will become competitive in NASCAR?
If yes, when and in which series?

I’ve previously said that I don’t believe anyone here wishes for Hailie to be a failure.
Honest questions for the Hailie fanbase:
Do you think Hailie will become competitive in NASCAR?
If yes, when and in which series?
I say yes Xfinity, as Andy has said the gap between haves and have nots is larger there. I think she will get a few top 10s and top 5s in Xfinity and maybe a win at bristol dirt all in Xfinity.

I say yes Xfinity, as Andy has said the gap between haves and have nots is larger there. I think she will get a few top 10s and top 5s in Xfinity and maybe a win at bristol dirt all in Xfinity.

I wouldn't go that far.

I think Hailie Deegan is consistently top-15 in Xfinity (typically around 12th-15th) with more top-10 finishes and maybe a couple top-5s.

If I were to bet on her winning a race, which I wouldn't, I'd be on it happening at either one of the three plate tracks or in an attrition festival on a road course.

The disparity between the haves and have-nots is much greater in Xfinity, but the talent pool is much deeper in Xfinity as well.

Xfinity has never run a race on the dirt at Bristol.

She’s off the hook.

I didn’t catch up to the truck race last night so just saw the result? Was it just a very poor performance or did something. Specific happen? Running and 33rd is surprisingly disappointing even if you weren’t expecting a top 15.

I didn’t catch up to the truck race last night so just saw the result? Was it just a very poor performance or did something. Specific happen? Running and 33rd is surprisingly disappointing even if you weren’t expecting a top 15.
They played some tire strategy and had her in 4th and someone crashed and ran into her and killed her truck. But she had been running around 18th most of the race if I remember right.

Zane Smith came down and hit Deegan in the side. It looked like the frame was bent out of alignment

Have to wonder if it’s getting dreadful for her? I know with all the expectations and the lack of performance I think it would get to the point I would dread going and disappointing myself, my team, and those pumping money into my effort. I have those times at work but luckily it’s not televised and scrutinized on tv and social media.

IMG_0367.jpeg

Don’t you love how the Hailie Deegan performance reviews leave this important stuff out?
I just fill in the missing parts, some people dont like the truth. I had hopes in the beginning of her career that she could be competitive but her numbers regressed each year even though she was moving to "better equipment". If I was her pop she would be running super lates anytime she could because she needs seat time. Heck hook her up with Donnie Wilson and go run some with races with Willy B.

Having a woman in NASCAR is the equivalent of having one in the NBA or the MLB. She's competing against grown men who have way more stamina. I'm not surprised that she's struggling.

Will there ever be a woman that does great things in the Cup series? Only time will tell, but I have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom