Dega Time..Geico 500

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1:00 PM (2:00 PM/ET)NCS RACE (STAGES 60/120/188 LAPS = 500 MILES)

1618959123926.png

1618959245445.png

Man watching Radioactive from last years controversial race I feel so bad for Bubba. Wish that didn’t turn out to be fake, sucks because seems like the fans hate him now bc of it.

Also forgot how epic that finish was last year

Man watching Radioactive from last years controversial race I feel so bad for Bubba. Wish that didn’t turn out to be fake, sucks because seems like the fans hate him now bc of it.

Also forgot how epic that finish was last year
So you're saying you'd have preferred that someone really had tried to intimidate him by hanging a noose in his garage?

The people who hate him don’t need an excuse other than the obvious one.
I use to root for him all the time and then he acted like a little bitch when he threw water in Bowman's face and on the paramedic lady. But now that he is driving for MJ I root for him again because I know how tempers can flair in racing so I usually don't hold a grudge for very long anyway. I have never been the type to hold a grudge for very long. I would love to see the 23 car in the winners circle sometime this season and get into the chase for the championship...as long as my HMS cars all get in. :)

So you're saying you'd have preferred that someone really had tried to intimidate him by hanging a noose in his garage?

Yeah, that was poor wording on his part.

Probably be best to just say wish it didn’t happen at all.

Yeah, that was poor wording on his part.

Probably be best to just say wish it didn’t happen at all.

Well it just went SO far. I mean the FBI even got involved and there was real worry someone was after him.

Wish that didn’t turn out to be fake, sucks because seems like the fans hate him now bc of it.
Two fold.
1. I really wish that you didn’t wish for an actual hate criminal be within the sport.
2. Then those fans didn’t pay much attention. Bubba was never at fault and was played like a fiddle by NASCAR’s complete incompetence.

the FBI even got involved and there was real worry someone was after him.
The FBI wasn’t even given the chance to investigate before NASCAR decided to issue a verdict on their imaginary crime. Absolute lack of professionalism and made the sport a national embarrassment.

Some more scheduling, track facts and what not:

SATURDAY, APRIL 24​

ARCA Menards Series
1 p.m. ETGeneral Tire 200
FS1

MRN
NASCAR Xfinity Series
4 p.m. ETAg-Pro 300
FOX

MRN

TSN3

SUNDAY, APRIL 25​

NASCAR Cup Series
2 p.m. ETGEICO 500
FOX

MRN

TSN

"The GEICO 500 marks the 104nd race hosted by Talladega Superspeedway in Cup Series history. The 2.66-mile oval located in Lincoln, Alabama is known as the largest oval on the NASCAR schedule. With 33 degrees of banking in the turns, 16.5 degrees of banking on the tri-oval, and 3 degrees on the backstretch, drivers have to work together in the draft to succeed. Hall of Fame driver, Dale Earnhardt, is known as one of the most successful drivers at this track with 10 wins, 23 top 5’s, and 27 top 10 finishes. The track first opened in 1969, the Cup Series held its inaugural race in 69′ and Richard Brickhouse won." -nascar.com

Lovin' this scheme for Sunday

USAF and RPM keep rolling out bad ass schemes. This one is fantastic and the tribute is even better. These Airmen, along with the Buffalo Soliders of the 92nd Infantry Division, and the other segregated divisions, were fighting for so much more than to win that war. I hope they are never forgotten.

Last edited:
I always hate that I love looking forward to this weekend of racing. It is artificial roulette at 200mph, but my goodness is it ever an adrenaline rush. I don't care how much you hate superspeedway racing........if the final 10 laps at Dega don't get your heart pounding, there is something wrong with you.

Wish that didn’t turn out to be fake, sucks because seems like the fans hate him now bc of it.
It wasn't fake. Conditions in our world create a racist context which formed the basis for the reaction. There was and is nothing fake about the context. Phelps should have never apologized. That was the mistake. We have work to do.

What is the number for attendance on Sunday? Probably a tough ticket to get.

It wasn't fake. Conditions in our world create a racist context which formed the basis for the reaction. There was and is nothing fake about the context. Phelps should have never apologized. That was the mistake. We have work to do.
I don't think you can fix stupid very easily, but I do think it can be brought to light as much as possible. There are those that can learn I believe even coming from a racist environment. I think the Government got a wonderful snapshot Jan 6th and the arrests continue to this day.

The context of the actual situation was real. The loop, noose, knot, garage door pull down, etc... was real. The context of the evidence was investigated and reported to be loop knot formed as a garage door pull that had been there for months. What was fake, was the story and the message that NASCAR created about the evidence. They made up their own context without a professional investigation. They dragged a driver into their story and emotionally compromised him with false unverifiable claims. They even made threats to eliminate an imaginary suspect from the sport.

Some people wanted the context to be abhorrently vile so that their own perverted view of the world could be justified. Thankfully, that narrative was false. The sport continues with a safe environment for all involved - as it should.

The context of the actual situation was real. The loop, noose, knot, garage door pull down, etc... was real. The context of the evidence was investigated and reported to be loop knot formed as a garage door pull that had been there for months. What was fake, was the story and the message that NASCAR created about the evidence. They made up their own context without a professional investigation. They dragged a driver into their story and emotionally compromised him with false unverifiable claims. They even made threats to eliminate an imaginary suspect from the sport.

Some people wanted the context to be abhorrently vile so that their own perverted view of the world could be justified. Thankfully, that narrative was false. The sport continues with a safe environment for all involved - as it should.
and all that including the investigation was transparent. ;) The coulda's would a's should a's can have their 20/20 hindsight field day.

Well said, both of you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Onto race topic, anyone else gotten bored with plate racing?

These things are such a crapshoot, Talladega almost feels like an off week. Every other race track you can obtain some bit of information to assess where each race team is in their program. I love that.

That doesn't happen here.

^^ There is some level of luck, but it takes skill and a fast car as well. YOu have to know when to make what moves, avoid wrecks, have good spotter-driver comms, etc.

Not ALL luck, but some. Maybe more than some other tracks.

Whose car will be the upside down fireball on the last lap this time?

These things are such a crapshoot, Talladega almost feels like an off week. Every other race track you can obtain some bit of information to assess where each race team is in their program. I love that.

I enjoy super-speedway racing. I don’t enjoy super-speedway follow the leader.

Bored? No.

Annoyed, unhappy, disgusted, frustrated; pick one or more.

It's generally too intense to be boring no matter what the racing purist inside of me thinks of the act itself. It one of those things that I know I shouldn't do but I can't stop.

I love Talladega, I’m okay on Daytona. IMO the problem right now is how easily they run behind each other, used to be a solid gap from car to car in the draft. Now they’re almost completely bumper to bumper

The context of the actual situation was real.
The context of the actual situation is that we live in a world in which systemic racism exists. The track is in the Deep South where the Confederate flag had to be banned from the property--more context. Bubba Wallace receives death threats consistently if not daily--more of that context. There was more reason to believe that an act of hatred had occurred than to believe that it hadn't. The response was proper from an organization trying like hell to break free from its categorically racist roots in attempt to create a more welcoming atmosphere for both participants and spectators. They accomplished that, but then the President thought he had to apologize to those offended by his aggressive and appropriate response. The show of support for Bubba was not wasted. Should have happened without that incident.

I love it even though I don't love the crash fest. Denny is just incredible. No friends, but he is always in the mix because he has figured all of this out. Just awesome. As a manufacturer first fan, I also love that team aspect. I just love this sport.

The context of the actual situation is that we live in a world in which systemic racism exists. The track is in the Deep South where the Confederate flag had to be banned from the property--more context. Bubba Wallace receives death threats consistently if not daily--more of that context. There was more reason to believe that an act of hatred had occurred than to believe that it hadn't.
Using examples of separate and unrelated events/conditions to justify means to an end is not how a fair criminal investigation works and it’s not how an ethical civilized society works. It is actually how the worst atrocities in society, whether by an individual or group of people, have occurred in history. None of the conditions you mentioned had anything to do with that rope being there. Just because it *could have*, does not justify reacting in a manner as if it did. I know this has drifted off topic, and I appreciate your civil discourse. Bubba has done a lot of good for the sport, and I hope that he has better success with his team. :)

Back
Top Bottom