Dega Time..Geico 500

I cant friggin wait! I've been excited all week and watching previous Dega radioactives.

Unpopular opinion around here but I love plate races and they keep me on the edge of my seat the whole race. Obviously, now knowing about all of these drivers the crashes suck to watch. And the moments after some of the gnarly crashes can feel like hours waiting to see if everybody's okay. But I love watching the racing and also think (4) plate races a year is the perfect amount.

1619096892765.png

Always love Talladega! I understand the discussions about pack racing, plate issues, "is it really racing doing this?", etc.

Every form of Cup racing has it's unique qualities, nuances and challenges. I see Dega and Daytona as near twins delivering the same sweet product: high speeds, high drama, high stakes (one wrong move...) and the bastion of underdogs (more surprise victors than any other tracks). I've been to multiple Daytona races; so far I've only riden past mighty Talladega once in the off-season years ago. Someday I'll be there!

Raceday comes on at 10.30 am on the Westcoast for Dega and that is awesome. I hate waiting until 11.30 or noon. I'm ready to go before the sun even comes up. :cool:

Always love Talladega! I understand the discussions about pack racing, plate issues, "is it really racing doing this?", etc.

Every form of Cup racing has it's unique qualities, nuances and challenges. I see Dega and Daytona as near twins delivering the same sweet product: high speeds, high drama, high stakes (one wrong move...) and the bastion of underdogs (more surprise victors than any other tracks). I've been to multiple Daytona races; so far I've only riden past mighty Talladega once in the off-season years ago. Someday I'll be there!
Good post - I like it cause of all of those things. Dega and 'tona are dangerous and unpredictable.

I’m spoiled because I saw ‘Dega and Daytona when they were great.

No comparison.

Your referring to pre-restrictor plates?

Yes.

Im not saying nothing should have been done with the speeds that were happening, I’m just saying these historic tracks are obsolete in regards to good racing.

Watching a freight train conglomeration of cars waiting for the ‘big one’ for the ‘excitement’ of the final ten laps to see who is going to work with who, how effective will the blocking be and who will come out a fraction of a second ahead IMO is the opposite of a great race.

This seems so weird to me that Busch is making dog food and especially since it comes in beer cans.
Didn't Hoover once try selling frozen pizza or something? It didn't work out...

This seems like something that could be sustained even though it's a pretty strange idea

Didn't Hoover once try selling frozen pizza or something? It didn't work out...

This seems like something that could be sustained even though it's a pretty strange idea
LOL Maybe. I don't recall, but sounds just as strange. How'd that work out? LOL

This seems so weird to me that Busch is making dog food and especially since it comes in beer cans.
Busch isn’t making dog food. They are selling “beer for your dogs too” which is just bone broth.

Busch’s ads have been targeting “manly men” and those men have dogs. They want their dogs to drink with them too. They will sell a ton of dog brew.

Busch isn’t making dog food. They are selling “beer for your dogs too” which is just bone broth.

Busch’s ads have been targeting “manly men” and those men have dogs. They want their dogs to drink with them too. They will sell a ton of dog brew.
You can package it any way you want to, but it is still dog food.. a liquid with nutrition.

Shouldn’t that dog be in front facing forward?

No

Thanks, have been looking to adopt a shelter rescue pup will call it DEGA.

My Great Pyrenees can carry his own brew + mine in HIS back pack he weighs 153lbs.
.Maybe you can train him to go get you another one from the fridge. :XXROFL: ;)

.Maybe you can train him to go get you another one from the fridge. :XXROFL: ;)
Good option & a just in case back up plan but for now my Irish red head mate takes care of that when she fetches one for herself.
She has her own garden tractor ya know, 46" cut, its black with a #3 on each side.
I'm her CC I service, fuel & clean it after use = good to go for next week.

My weather feed shows rain @ Dega until 10PM, clear Sunday.

I appreciate your civil discourse.
I appreciate the civility of the exchange as well. Give me the world we should have, and this isn't even on our radar. We will get there....and dialogue is part of this journey that will never have a destination. Enjoy the races!

Looks windy but not as bad as earlier forecasts....

7504-B1-E9-FA34-484-F-BD51-C7-C05-FCE92-EF.jpg

If Martinsville takes about an hour to dry, how long does Dega take - 3 hours? Good luck.

So jacked for today! Love this stuff!

Hopefully we can avoid a ****show finish like the last race here. If the rules are in place, they need to be enforced on every lap.

Can't have Dega without its anthem

And it's other anthem

Back
Top Bottom