DiBenedetto will feature Reddit at All-Star Weekend

JMO, but r/nascar is okay. I basically use it in place of Jayski these days. Great for breaking news and updates.

I typically steer clear of comments and posting on there. It's a predominately younger crowd from what I gather, and a little too circle jerky for my taste. There's plenty of knowledgeable dudes on there, and it's cool that drivers, team members and NASCAR personnel have a presence there. But unless you worship Larson, DiBenedetto, or long for early 2000's NASCAR, you can get run out of there.

This place has its faults. Such as the anything but plate racing crowd. But I like it here.

My perception is that any young person discussing Nascar is a good thing as it is normally crickets with them.

I wasn't aware there was a 'one forum per topic' participation limit on the Internet. Is is part of that whole 'Net Neutrality' thingie?

One thing that is different from this forum than others I have participated on is that there are hall monitors, mini mods and now we even have a dedicated typo corrector. That doesn't detract from the enjoyment I get from participating here as this is by far and away the best Nascar forum I have ever been a part of. There are some very knowledgeable and intelligent people here as well as a wealth of information.

One thing that is different from this forum than others I have participated on is that there are hall monitors, mini mods and now we even have a dedicated typo corrector. That doesn't detract from the enjoyment I get from participating here as this is by far and away the best Nascar forum I have ever been a part of. There are some very knowledgeable and intelligent people here as well as a wealth of information.
I prefer moderated forums. I don't care how loosely the joint is run, as long as everyone understands where the lines are drawn. But every forum needs a mechanism for dumping some chlorine in the electronic gene pool.

Just one idjit's opinion, and we all know what those are like.

My perception is that any young person discussing Nascar is a good thing as it is normally crickets with them.
Agreed, I'm 21. It's extremely hard to find NASCAR fans my age. But there are a lot of fans my age at the local dirt tracks. I've talked to a few of them about why they like dirt and not NASCAR, and they say the races are too long and the tracks are too big and the field gets stretched out making it boring.

Agreed, I'm 21. It's extremely hard to find NASCAR fans my age. But there are a lot of fans my age at the local dirt tracks. I've talked to a few of them about why they like dirt and not NASCAR, and they say the races are too long and the tracks are too big and the field gets stretched out making it boring.
My son likes going to short tracks with me but has no interest in watching Nascar on tv.

Reddit And now the articles from **** sites like Beyond The Flag about how it's unfair that Danica has so many fans and they should all be fans of DiBenedetto instead are hitting the web.

Just like Josh Wise two years ago.

It would greatly amuse me at this point if DiBenedetto won the Fan Vote and the stars aligned in a way that someone more popular than Danica, like Elliott or Blaney, missed the All Star Race because of it.

Reddit is great. Reddit outside r/NASCAR is a wonderful source for.... well, just about everything.
I like this place much better for just NASCAR, even with the loonies.

I like the NASCAR Reddit. The discussion tends to be a lot more diverse and liberal than here. HOWEVER! It's a lot a harsher when people don't agree with you. Redditors can be legitimate assholes.

The car will also feature the username of a prominent poster that passed away last season.

Criticize the subreddit all you want but they make incredible things happen.

This place cant even get the domain written on the start finish line.

The car will also feature the username of a prominent poster that passed away last season.

Criticize the subreddit all you want but they make incredible things happen.

This place cant even get the domain written on the start finish line.
I wasn't aware that was our goal.

Back
Top Bottom