Diffey

It took me awhile to get use to Diffey way back , but after his years
with F1, I am a big fan. He has a great sense of humor and from what I have
heard, can drink a few with the best of them.

It took me awhile to get use to Diffey way back , but after his years
with F1, I am a big fan. He has a great sense of humor and from what I have
heard, can drink a few with the best of them.

He does a good job but just isn't a fit for NASCAR, at least not Cup.

Nascar may have been born with the whiskey runners of the south and had it stayed that way you would still only have a few races a year on TV. You may not have noticed but Nascar survives on the rest of the country including Canada and others. The good old boys days are done and most of those old tracks are closed. To continue you need people that can speak better than some of those southern boys with their mouths full of marbles and limited vocabulary.
Being from the south doesn't instantly mean you have a "limited vocabulary" nor are you automatically a redneck or stupid. The way someone talks has absolutely nothing to do with anything other then where you were born.

It isn't a question of what Diffey feels as he is a pro so the criticism will fall off him like water on a duck's back. The issue is some of the reasons he is being assailed as they are just plain ugly and don't have a place in today's day and age.
So people are not allowed to have an opinion in this day and age?

Diffey is the only play by play guy I can remember who understood the significance of a driver who had pitted second beating the guy out on the track who had pitted first. Great calls.

Back
Top Bottom