Dirt late model news

gnomesayin

Team Owner
Highlights from last night's rescheduled World 100 at Eldora:

Cool to see Tim McCreadie get another big victory. He is now a Chili Bowl winner and a World 100 winner, not bad for a guy I still think of as a big block modified driver.

Frankly if "side-by-side racing on short tracks" were what drew the masses, this and WoO sprints would be the most popular forms of racing in America. As it is, it does quite well in its own little niche.

McCreadie's probably going to be driving for a team next season with bigger pockets. He's spent most of this season traveling in a small enclosed trailer.

I heard the St. Louis dome race was a lot better last year than year one. I watched the highlights and it looked like fun, at least for winter racing. Hopefully it continues to get bigger and better.

I heard the St. Louis dome race was a lot better last year than year one. I watched the highlights and it looked like fun, at least for winter racing. Hopefully it continues to get bigger and better.
I don’t know about the first year but I went last year, it was amazing ! Should be even better this year with the midgets added. I can’t make it this year unfortunately

The Lucas Oil series opener from Golden Isles Speedway in Georgia is airing live on MavTV right now.

First two races were good races. They'll be live from East Bay all week on Lucas Oil Racing TV.

First two races were good races. They'll be live from East Bay all week on Lucas Oil Racing TV.

I missed tonight's race, but will watch it later one they post it as an archive, and will be watching this week.

Looks like Tyler Erb is dominating. That's the car Josh Richards was in the past couple years, so I suppose it isn't too surprising. But winning three out of four in the Lucas Oil series is pretty rare.

Richards seems to be running better in Bowyer's stuff than they were doing before. He got screwed the night Bloomquist ran over Owens and had nowhere to go.

With Richards coming on board, Bowyer switched to the Rocket chassis. They had been running Club 29 cars built by Darrell Lanigan. Those cars aren't near as good as Rockets. If Richards can't win with CBR, nobody can.

With Richards coming on board, Bowyer switched to the Rocket chassis. They had been running Club 29 cars built by Darrell Lanigan. Those cars aren't near as good as Rockets. If Richards can't win with CBR, nobody can.
I wonder what happened between Mark & Josh? Never heard anything. I used to help Timmy Hitt back in the day, when he drove their car.

I never heard a concrete answer on that. I've heard everything from Josh felt like he wasn't be challenged on the WoO tour and wanted to try Lucas, but Mark is loyal to WoO to Mark doesn't like Josh's wife to Josh wanted to make a name for himself. One of these days, I'm going to get the real answer.

BTW, a photo finish last night at East Bay.

I never heard a concrete answer on that. I've heard everything from Josh felt like he wasn't be challenged on the WoO tour and wanted to try Lucas, but Mark is loyal to WoO to Mark doesn't like Josh's wife to Josh wanted to make a name for himself. One of these days, I'm going to get the real answer.

BTW, a photo finish last night at East Bay.
All the races this year at East Bay have been top notch, but last night was insane. O'Neal's run on the top and last lap pass up there is easily a contender for race of the year or even decade.

The very best of Speedweeks for sure. East Bay was awesome both nights live on MavTV, and I'm a guy that rarely likes a track under 0.5 mile. And those highlights from Volusia... just awesome.

The Lucas Oil series has a great schedule and a deep field of top shelf drivers and teams. I have a soft spot for Tim McCreadie... cause I used to watch his daddy in modifieds in Pennsylvania. I think Tim lost the 2017 championship in the last race (to Josh Richards).

Last edited:
Who was driving a #6 car last couple season that was just smoking thier ass? Can't think of his name. Didn't see a familiar name in results.

EDIT! Jonathan Davenport? What happened to him?

Edit/edit? https://racingnews.co/2018/12/09/jonathan-davenport-discusses-the-parting-ways-with-kevin-rumley/

Edit/Edit/Edit...he went WOO Racing...

http://jonathandavenport.net/

Ok..he's racing both series...

Races full time in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (2018 Champion) and runs other random WoO and unsanctioned races that don't conflict with the Lucas Oil Series.

Last night's highlights. Brandon Sheppard has now won two in a row, but there were a lot of comers and goers throughout.

McDowell spun himself out trying to do everything he could to beat Sheppard but keep his car off of him while coming to the checkers. Because in that world, the vast majority of those guys respect each other and take pride in racing as hard but clean as possible.

THIS. IS. ELDORA.
That is a terrific 38-second clip of the finish, but the 19-minute highlight reel is even better. There is a ton of impressive racing packed into the 100 laps of Eldora.

Scott Bloomquist's return to action didn't go well, as "Black Sunshine" failed to make minimum weight after his heat race, and then failed to advance from the LCQ.

That is a terrific 38-second clip of the finish, but the 19-minute highlight reel is even better. There is a ton of impressive racing packed into the 100 laps of Eldora.

Scott Bloomquist's return to action didn't go well, as "Black Sunshine" failed to make minimum weight after his heat race, and then failed to advance from the LCQ.

Thanks for posting. I was waiting for the full highlights to be posted and this is generous and comprehensive.

What a truly excellent and hard fought race. A longtime fan I'm acquainted with on Twitter said it was possibly the best race he has ever attended in person, and I trust his judgment. I had been watching the highlight packages of the preliminary nights and had been less than blown away. This more than lived up to the hype.

I am amazed that late models can put on such a good race on a track that has taken so much rubber top to bottom.

^ Yeah, a really good race, lots of comers and goers, riding the rim and digging the bottom. And I was also impressed by the production quality of the video... good commentary and I like the scoring pylon on the left.

There is also this hilarious video of a restart on lap 10 of the fifth heat... when a sudden shower hit turns 1 + 2 just as the green flag waved. Also includes Bloomquist's drama on the scales afterwards. (After the mass pile-up, and after the shower passed, everyone had time to fix their cars. Heat 6 was run before the final laps of heat 5. Seems like a reasonable solution IMO.)

Damn, quite a finish here at Lernerville. Always cool to see Tim McCreadie get a big win, though it's odd to see him in a different car than the #39 he drove for so long.
Good race, judging by the highlight reel. Interesting about T-Mac in the #6. It seems to be a one-off drive (or maybe a two-off?), based on a few minutes snooping around with Google. The #6 team is a new team formed by Kevin Rumley and his father Lee Roy. Kevin Rumley is (or was?) associated with Longhorn Chassis in an engineering capacity. The Rumley team hired Mike Marler to drive the 6 for a limited schedule.

Tim McCreadie drove the 6 for one race in April, and won that race. This Firecracker 100 at Lernerville was T-Mac's second time in the car. As far as I know, Mike Marler remains the regular driver of the 6 car, at least for now. Marler was the 2018 WoO Late Model champion. I read that both Rumley and Marler wanted to race part time in 2019... and McCreadie is a full time guy.

The Knoxville Late Model Nationals became a great race last night during the last 30-40 laps of the 100 lap event with a nail-biter finish. The highlights here don't cover some of the earlier lead battles and frontrunners, but shows the ending well.

Back
Top Bottom