Discount Tire - Anyone here ever purchase from them?

I know Tire Rack has, or had, tires stores that they would have your tires delivered to them and they'd do their thing mounting and balancing.
If you're a gear head you must know of someone who can mount, balance and do a FEA for you, more than likely at a reduced cost then a walk in off the street..
I gotta guy. ;)

And yes, you can have the tires delivered anywhere you'd like. I just preferred to have them dropped off at my place.

I wonder if your guy knows my guy? FWIW we had to run a spec tire at the local track, BF Goodrich Comp TA's that we bought from a local Ford dealer for less than any other place that we price checked. We bought 10 tires at a time <ouch>. and then took then over to a retreading company when they ground the tread off to get the right diameter and stagger <double OUCH>

Mom & pop places around here are going away. There is a place that mounts my drag radials. The place that used to be down the street wouldn't mount carry ins.
Maybe that's why they aren't around anymore :)

My buddy will mount and balance tires bought elsewhere but the charge goes from 18 bucks a wheel to 24 if I remember correctly. Tires are a major PIA to him but he deals with them so he can provide his customers with good service and keep everything in house. If you can make 12-15 bucks per tire over the wholesale cost you are doing well and most tires are available same day.

Ordered yesterday. Just delivered. Talk about service.
4bef26a6ac7ab8780369042f63d0571a.jpg

I like your tire choice.

Another shout out to discount tire today as I've got yet another set out for delivery for the Jeep. Going back to the original OEM's.

I have had a good experience with Discount Tire, The Tire Barn and The Tire Rack.

Discount Tire is great. Had tire trouble on the trip this summer, just as we got close to home. Stopped in, they replaced the tire --- no problem.
Cost --- $25
The road hazard is definitely worth the cost.

Another shout out to discount tire today as I've got yet another set out for delivery for the Jeep. Going back to the original OEM's.
It might be just a 1 time deal but...... this summer my son ordered a set of tires for his Accura..... from Discount tire..... they gave him a date they would be in...... we took his car up there to have them installed.... when we got there they said...... ''They weren't delivered..... they will be here tommorrow''..... we left his car there..... it was a damned week before they they came in...... he had to use our truck for a week in the meantime...... next time we will pay a little bit more for better service.

It might be just a 1 time deal but...... this summer my son ordered a set of tires for his Accura..... from Discount tire..... they gave him a date they would be in...... we took his car up there to have them installed.... when we got there they said...... ''They weren't delivered..... they will be here tommorrow''..... we left his car there..... it was a damned week before they they came in...... he had to use our truck for a week in the meantime...... next time we will pay a little bit more for better service.
I’ve never experienced that in all my orders. I think I’m on my 6th or 7th set overall. Each came with free 2 day shipping. Maybe I’ve just been on the lucky side of things?

I shouldn't have looked at this thread yesterday, popped a tire on the way into the office this morning. Brand new Continentals that were on the car went i bought it 2 months ago.

I spent the morning at Discount Tire.

We don’t have their service centers in PA. All I can do is order them online and have them shipped. I going to have mine installed this Saturday.

I’ve never experienced that in all my orders. I think I’m on my 6th or 7th set overall. Each came with free 2 day shipping. Maybe I’ve just been on the lucky side of things?
It could just be incompetence by an employee at our local dealer..... That's the first time we had dealt with them..... It just left a bad impression with me......

I shouldn't have looked at this thread yesterday, popped a tire on the way into the office this morning. Brand new Continentals that were on the car went i bought it 2 months ago.

I spent the morning at Discount Tire.
I guess Continental is the biggest tire manufacturer in the world..... just read that a year or so ago..... I didn't realize that..... That's the brand tire that always came on new heavy Ford trucks....... they didn't last very long...... I always put on Michelins...... they are more expensive.... but.... I get much better service..... Toyo's are also good.......

I guess Continental is the biggest tire manufacturer in the world..... just read that a year or so ago..... I didn't realize that..... That's the brand tire that always came on new heavy Ford trucks....... they didn't last very long...... I always put on Michelins...... they are more expensive.... but.... I get much better service..... Toyo's are also good.......
I've always had good success with Cooper Tires. That is, until this last set on the Jeep. I got the expected miles out of them but the tread pattern is loud as heck. I guess I can't really blame them for that. They were aggressive tires. This time I moved back to the originals..... Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A's. I'm not a huge fan of the tire but they held up fairly well the first time and they aren't nearly as loud. I'm not putting the miles on the vehicle now like I was the last time I had these. It should be a while before I have to replace them again.

Its hard to beat the Michelins

Back
Top Bottom