Doonies 3, your introduction to how Monster markets motorsports

Hawaii808

Team Owner
The link below is to "Doonies 3" an action video in the vein of the "Gymkana" series. Big jumps, high speeds, drifting all over, and yes...lots of Monster Girls. It will be interesting to hear the NASCAR community reaction to this.

The NASCAR content begins at 3:15.

My reaction - It's a promotional video that tells me nothing about any potential impacts Monster may have on the actual NASCAR racing itself.

My reaction - It's a promotional video that tells me nothing about any potential impacts Monster may have on the actual NASCAR racing itself.

Impacts are yet to be seen, but you can see the STYLE in bright neon green and tanned tushie.

My attention span was not up to a 13 minute vid for Monster or Nascar but I do hope the partnership can bring in some young male fans to the series as that is what is desperately needed. One thing that surprises me is all the talk of the Monster Girls as I would imagine in this day and age they could actually turn females off Rosie, Ellen and Portia notwithstanding.

They paid. They can market themselves in that manner if they choose to do so.

Nothing wrong with it, imo.

Impacts are yet to be seen, but you can see the STYLE in bright neon green and tanned tushie.
The style of what, exactly? Style alone ceased to impress me a couple of decades ago.

More importantly, what affect does it have on the racing, if any?

They paid. They can market themselves in that manner if they choose to do so.

Nothing wrong with it, imo.

It matters not to me either but I do wonder if it will have any impact on female interest in the series. I know some women that would likely not care but I also know several that would take a very dim view of luscious lovelies flitting about.

The link below is to "Doonies 3" an action video in the vein of the "Gymkana" series. Big jumps, high speeds, drifting all over, and yes...lots of Monster Girls. It will be interesting to hear the NASCAR community reaction to this.

The NASCAR content begins at 3:15.

A monster energy girls only video would be better.

It matters not to me either but I do wonder if it will have any impact on female interest in the series. I know some women that would likely not care but I also know several that would take a very dim view of luscious lovelies flitting about.

The dim ones aint no fun anyway. The type to be a offended by hotties at the beach, or by women in yoga pants at the mall most likely will not like fast cars neither.

Pretty cool video

My attention span was not up to a 13 minute vid for Monster or Nascar but I do hope the partnership can bring in some young male fans to the series as that is what is desperately needed. One thing that surprises me is all the talk of the Monster Girls as I would imagine in this day and age they could actually turn females off Rosie, Ellen and Portia notwithstanding.
If the only way those possibly offended female fans will learn about this video is a link on this web site, NASCAR has little to worry about. I never would have known about it otherwise, but I wouldn't have been looking for it anyway.

Doesn't do a whole lot for me, but I would take that style over the blandness of recent NASCAR advertising.

I am amped up for the Supercross opener tonight, and wonder if that will feature any crossover NASCAR promotion.

The dim ones aint no fun anyway. The type to be a offended by hotties at the beach, or by women in yoga pants at the mall most likely will not like fast cars neither.

I happened to ask a beautiful 40 year old career woman about an hour ago what she felt about things like the Monster girls. She said she didn't care as long as what they were doing was their own choice and if she was interested in Nascar it would not be an impediment to her at all.

If the only way those possibly offended female fans will learn about this video is a link on this web site, NASCAR has little to worry about. I never would have known about it otherwise, but I wouldn't have been looking for it anyway.

I am beginning to think this Monster sponsorship will cure low T and ED lol!

I just got back from the Anaheim 1 Monster Energy Supercross race and they were showing Doonies 3 on a big screen right next to the BMX bike jumping competition. They had the best BMX riders in the world there and they were awesome.

On the Monster facebook page, they called NASCAR race cars, "NASCARs"

The title sponsor calls them "NASCARs"

Let that sink in.

Doonies started as a dirt shark/monster sponsored athlete camping trip to Glamis.... In 3 installments, it turned into this. Pretty freakin cool.

They're trying to market adrenaline and enthusiasm. I say awesome! A little eye candy doesn't hurt either. Every Supercross race I have been to had tons of female spectators. A few Monster girls is not going to keep loyal NASCAR women from going to the track.

Im still a believer that if NASCAR wants to attract & retain a TV audience, they need new camera angles/techniques that show the speed of the cars. They also need to adjust the mixing on the audio so the cars sound powerful & raw. Nothing can replace attending a race but making the TV experience as adrenalized as possible will help, imo.

The first thing that needs to change about TV coverage is losing the obsession with single-car shots. If the shot doesn't show cars in relation to each other, then it doesn't tell me anything about the race. It's just a publicity shot.

This comes ahead of replacing commentators, presence or absence of pre- and post-race shows, number of commercials, etc. If you want people to enjoy watching racing on TV, you have to show them actual RACING, not just a tight shot of a single car.

The first thing that needs to change about TV coverage is losing the obsession with single-car shots. If the shot doesn't show cars in relation to each other, then it doesn't tell me anything about the race. It's just a publicity shot.

This comes ahead of replacing commentators, presence or absence of pre- and post-race shows, number of commercials, etc. If you want people to enjoy watching racing on TV, you have to show them actual RACING, not just a tight shot of a single car.
Single car shots are advertiser friendly. NASCAR loves their ad revenue.

Single car shots are advertiser friendly. NASCAR loves their ad revenue.
I don't think NASCAR or the networks get any extra for focusing on a particular car as part of the racing coverage itself. Obviously there are exception for what are clearly paid-for in-race ads like the 'Nationwide Watch Jr. On In-Car Camera Update'. If there's anything else going on outside of that, I think the payola laws would kick in.

Will trotting out bolted-on tits and introducing heat races and caution clocks be enough to turn NASCAR around? Stay tuned!

That's hilarious, but I actually would be fine with the parties and girls atmosphere marketing if what was under that surface was hard fought genuine racing and competition, which can take many forms. I am in the camp that agrees that NASCAR's presentation has been staid and way too safe. So they can bring on all the marketing gimmicks and attitude they want, they just need smart racing people to guide the actual competition. That's what is lacking.

Will trotting out bolted-on tits and introducing heat races and caution clocks be enough to turn NASCAR around? Stay tuned!
I don't think any of us really knows...but we will eventually find out. If SUPERCROSS, Monster Truck, NHRA, or any of the other racing organizations start overtaking NASCAR in the ratings then we we will know it didn't. When it's all said and done it's the fans that has the power to make or break NASCAR.

I don't think any of us really knows...but we will eventually find out. If SUPERCROSS, Monster Truck, NHRA, or any of the other racing organizations start overtaking NASCAR in the ratings then we we will know it didn't. When it's all said and done it's the fans that can make or break NASCAR.
MonsterJam shows are constant sellouts. Nascar races are not.

:idunno:

MonsterJam shows are constant sellouts. Nascar races are not.

:idunno:
I agree, But how many seats are in a Stadium vs say Daytona or Dega? And, who has the better tv ratings? Actually the Monster Trucks will be here in So Cal this weekend and then Monster Energy SUPERCROSS next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom