Doubleheader Races?

Would you welcome doubleheader weekend races?

• Yes

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No, leave it as is

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Steve-O has always come off as a pompous ass to me.

He's just a blockheaded tool. I must say that Steve Phelps strikes me as a smart, capable guy. But O'Donnell is more representative of the bulk of the NASCAR hierarchy. If you ask them to take note that the reaction to this hoax was largely positive and compare it to what they receive when they announce their latest round of idiotic cheap gimmicks in a couple weeks, they wouldn't bat an eye. They still think they are boldly reinventing the wheel of what auto racing is. They have nothing but disdain for their fans and are sure they know better.

They still think they are boldly reinventing the wheel of what auto racing is. They have nothing but disdain for their fans and are sure they know better.
Monster is the driving force behind the coming format changes, I suspect. Perhaps the TV guys as well, but mainly Monster IMO.

As for Nascar fans, they are all over the map, on every side of just about every issue, and without much regard for actual data or analysis. I've not seen what I'd call disdain for the fans, but what Nascar needs is strong leadership backed up by good market research and fact-based analysis. I'm not confident we'll get that. I think we'll get the product of Monster's highly-touted DNA, because unfortunately we know Monster doesn't have a thoughtful, vetted plan in place.

Monster is the driving force behind the coming format changes, I suspect. Perhaps the TV guys as well, but mainly Monster IMO.

As for Nascar fans, they are all over the map, on every side of just about every issue, and without much regard for actual data or analysis. I've not seen what I'd call disdain for the fans, but what Nascar needs is strong leadership backed up by good market research and fact-based analysis. I'm not confident we'll get that. I think we'll get the product of Monster's highly-touted DNA, because unfortunately we know Monster doesn't have a thoughtful, vetted plan in place.

I actually believe that the driving forces behind any new changes going forward are the TV networks, especially NBC. They have more at stake than Monster. If the rumors are true about Monster Energy's two year deal with options, they will break ties with NASCAR in 2019 if NASCAR continues to falter in ratings and attendance and Brian France will have a convenient scapegoat to blame the "changes" on and then, perhaps, revert to a points based season long championship (citing tradition) but one that rewards and emphasizes wins and top 5 finishes better than the current or even the Latford system. That is my hope and prayer.

Good luck with that. The Chase isn't going away until Brian does.

You are probably right. One can hope and dream though.

Brian France does seem to want the NASCAR racing season to mimic the NFL. Maybe it's time for Lesa to try running the show or someone not named France.

I actually believe that the driving forces behind any new changes going forward are the TV networks, especially NBC. They have more at stake than Monster. If the rumors are true about Monster Energy's two year deal with options, they will break ties with NASCAR in 2019 if NASCAR continues to falter in ratings and attendance and Brian France will have a convenient scapegoat to blame the "changes" on and then, perhaps, revert to a points based season long championship (citing tradition) but one that rewards and emphasizes wins and top 5 finishes better than the current or even the Latford system. That is my hope and prayer.

The networks are stuck with Nascar for another 7 years and it sounds like they are just waking up to the fact that things will only continue to get worse for them if they don't do something.

Back
Top Bottom