Dover Pre Race Thread

my farther-in law has been going to dover since the first race in 69. he has pictures of Dave Marcis at his camper after the race, and story after story about back in the day. My first race was 1986. the black top was better racing.

my farther-in law has been going to dover since the first race in 69. he has pictures of Dave Marcis at his camper after the race, and story after story about back in the day. My first race was 1986. the black top was better racing.

Marcis was one of the last guys who would race for nothin and usually did . Guys like Childress kept him going with spare parts. Great guy .

There are usually 2 hours of Raceday on Sun morning, but I just noticed that there is only 1 hour scheduled on FS1 this Sun for the Dover race. I realize that this won't bother a few on here, but I sure hope this is just for one race.

There are usually 2 hours of Raceday on Sun morning, but I just noticed that there is only 1 hour scheduled on FS1 this Sun for the Dover race. I realize that this won't bother a few on here, but I sure hope this is just for one race.

They've been doing a 1 hour show since FS1 got put in place.

They still do a two hour show on some races but gone are the days where it used to be 2 hours every race. They also cut Victory lane to 30 minutes.

They've been doing a 1 hour show since FS1 got put in place.

They still do a two hour show on some races but gone are the days where it used to be 2 hours every race. They also cut Victory lane to 30 minutes.
I was away from home for a couple of months so I only have got to watch the last couple of weeks, but I'm pretty sure it was on from 6:00am to 8:00am on the west coast last week and the week before. I guess an hour is better then none.:)

I was away from home for a couple of months so I only have got to watch the last couple of weeks, but I'm pretty sure it was on from 6:00am to 8:00am on the west coast last week and the week before. I guess an hour is better then none.:)

Yeah they've been doing a two hour "special" on races of importance. Like Bristol, Richmond and so on.

3 more days.

BVFXHj9CIAAUnOQ.jpg:large

If old Matt keeps winning so many races he's gonna be as hated as JJ pretty soon:p
I don't ever see that happening. He could win from here on out. I wouldn't have a problem with it. Obviously just my opinion but when I see/hear Jimmie/Chad I think arrogance. I don't get that same feeling with Kenseth.

I don't ever see that happening. He could win from here on out. I wouldn't have a problem with it. Obviously just my opinion but when I see/hear Jimmie/Chad I think arrogance. I don't get that same feeling with Kenseth.

I don't think people care about arrogant drivers as long as they aren't winning ;)

Some of the more important information pertaining to Dover.

Carry-In Items
Coolers: Allowed (14"x14"x14" limit).
Glass containers: Not allowed.
Alcoholic beverages: Beer allowed, no hard liquor or wine.

Weather Forecast remains about the same, partly cloudy and no rain in sight through Sunday.

All times ET

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27:
ON TRACK
-- 11-12:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 12:40-2:50 p.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 3:10 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2 (Follow live)

GarageCam
WATCH LIVE
-- Sprint Cup: 10:30 a.m. ET
-- Nationwide: 12:10 p.m. ET

PRESS CONFERENCES:
WATCH LIVE
TBA

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28:
ON TRACK
-- 11-11:55 a.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- Noon-1:15 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice
-- 12:05 p.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 1:45-3 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice
-- 2-2:50 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 3:30 p.m. ET, Nationwide Series 5-hour ENERGY 200 benefiting Living Beyond Breast Cancer (200 laps, 200 miles), ESPN / RaceBuddy (Follow live)
-- 6:15 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying (Follow live)
-- 8:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Smith's 350 (146 laps, 219 miles), FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES:
WATCH LIVE
Post-NNS race, TBD

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29:
ON TRACK
-- 2 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AAA 400 (400 laps, 400 miles), ESPN on air at 1 (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES:
WATCH LIVE
Post-NSCS race, TBD

Weather remains basically the same and looks really good for the weekend, odds remain the same.

Today's schedule reminder.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27:
ON TRACK
-- 11-12:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 12:40-2:50 p.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 3:10 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2 (Follow live)

GarageCam
WATCH LIVE
-- Sprint Cup: 10:30 a.m. ET
-- Nationwide: 12:10 p.m. ET

PRESS CONFERENCES:
WATCH LIVE
-- Matt Kenseth, 10 a.m. ET
-- Jimmie Johnson, 10:15 a.m. ET
-- Kyle Busch, 10:30 a.m. ET
-- Brian Scott, 10:45 a.m. ET
-- Greg Biffle, 1:15 p.m. ET
-- Post-Sprint Cup qualifying, 4 p.m. ET

The site of Brad's last victory, hoping we get a repeat...

One of my favorite tracks to attend, havent been the last two years as I budgted for other tracks but I'll be includng this one in my budget next year.

Newman for the win. Had my buddy put down $100 in Vegas for me. Hope it happens, would be a nice little bonus!

Back
Top Bottom