Dover Pre Race Thread

Wow! the Cup cars are flying around that track in practice.

Well, I think I've spread enough negativity for the day so I'll say something positive :) This Dover race may very well be the turning point in the chase for the cup and may also be one of the best we'll see in a long, long time.

The #48 will likely come out with both barrels blazing and if the #20 and/or #18 can weather the blitz, they just might make Johnson 0 for 3 in the last three years.

I wouldn't count Edwards out yet either but he better *** or get off the pot this weekend and is there any driver as hungry as KuBu must be for a win?

This little roller rink can mess up the standings real quick if there is a spin when they are bunched up, there is no where to go but walls. I am waiting to see who survives.

lol

NASCAR's credibility was called into question after Richmond, and chairman Brian France ordered drivers to give 100 percent in new rules prohibiting the artificial altering of events.
Drivers have poked fun at the "100 percent" edict the last two weeks.
Asked if the track was simply quick for his qualifying run, Newman laughed and said, "No, I just tried harder."
One hundred percent?
"Actually, I was 118 percent that time," he said.

lol. I find the 100% thing hilarious. Not even the principal of it, which is another debate in and of itself, but just the way France and Helton presented it in that press conference. Also, I like when somebody brought up the Air Titan not being at Chicagoland or New Hampshire and the fact that NASCAR and their track partners weren't giving 100% in trying to put the race on.

Today's schedule reminder.....

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28:
ON TRACK
-- 11-11:55 a.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- Noon-1:15 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice
-- 12:05 p.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 1:45-3 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice
-- 2-2:50 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 3:30 p.m. ET, Nationwide Series 5-hour ENERGY 200 benefiting Living Beyond Breast Cancer (200 laps, 200 miles), ESPN / RaceBuddy (Follow live)
-- 6:15 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying (Follow live)
-- 8:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Smith's 350 (146 laps, 219 miles), FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES:
WATCH LIVE
-- Post-NNS race, approx. 5 p.m. ET

cf727bb2284611e3800122000aeb0c37_8.jpg

Man if this race comes down to Kyle & Matt again, Kyle needs to put some chocolate on Matts rear fenders & slide him up out of the way. I mean I know they're teammates and all but Kyle needs to get JGR's first title since Tony. The way Matt's been running and with the tracks remaining I don't see him having any issue's chasing down his first in 10 years...

I have to go to a car show today, but I have my dvr set and I can't wait to get home this afternoon to see some good Nationwide, and truck racing. A few of my buddys are going to the truck race in Vegas and I could have had free tickets but I already had this previous commitment.:(

Dont you guys find it funny that we were talking about a driver winning by a lap and so on? That almost happened today. Only 3 cars on lead lap as I understand? Wow

Only caught the last 15 laps. Funny how things work out. lol

Dont you guys find it funny that we were talking about a driver winning by a lap and so on? That almost happened today. Only 3 cars on lead lap as I understand? Wow

Word although that was the longest green flag run at a Nationwide Dover race ever

it was 4 cars and it was around 150 laps..guess the debris caution people didn't make it to the race.o_O Kyle Busch finished a lap down, they couldn't find him after the race..hornish was worse, but he gave a really good interview despite his finish.

lol. I find the 100% thing hilarious. Not even the principal of it, which is another debate in and of itself, but just the way France and Helton presented it in that press conference. Also, I like when somebody brought up the Air Titan not being at Chicagoland or New Hampshire and the fact that NASCAR and their track partners weren't giving 100% in trying to put the race on.
:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:
That is great.

This thread is aweful quiet so close to the green flag. I cant believe I am going to say this but I hope the 24 team has something for them today.

This thread is aweful quiet so close to the green flag. I cant believe I am going to say this but I hope the 24 team has something for them today.
He starts 16th. Looks doubtful but I'm always optimistic. NASCAR.com says 2:00pm coverage but when does the green flag actually drop?

I really liked Ray Evernhams views on all the championship contenders on the pre race show today.

I really liked Ray Evernhams views on all the championship contenders on the pre race show today.
So did I and what I like about Gordon is that he gives it everything he has. I cant help but not like his attitude. Gordon just needs some racing breaks and good luck for a change.

Back
Top Bottom