Dover Pre-Race Thread

From this
1651424082499.png

To this
1651424163370.png

On second thought. I won't see ya Monday. I have a doc appoint. Boooooooooooo

Team Hendrick left them shaking in their boots. I'm sure the rest of the field will be losing sleep tonight

Team Hendrick left them shaking in their boots. I'm sure the rest of the field will be losing sleep tonight

They had nothing for Hamlin. Sun out tomorrow. Different deal. We shall see.....

I think ol Pete has an account here, while I kind of agree with him and would prefer earlier starts….if it rains it’s gonna rain. And TV makes the rules, but here’s a tweet from Pete

Weather was great all day from 8 am to like 3:45
COVID conditions taught us a lot of things about scheduling races. Moving a race up a couple of hours is nothing anymore. Networks also showed us that they could adapt during COVID conditions as well. Today could have been managed differently.....but that makes Monday morning suck just a little less although I will be working for my race money....kind of....maybe watching a little bit....or a lot....boss dependent.

I'm pretty sure those that watch the daily 24/7 365 days a year football day show will have broken hearts because they will be preempted, but the race must go on
Few things today will bring me more satisfaction than when I set the DVR this morning and learned the race will preempt Colin Cowherd.

Start these things at 1:00 like God intended.
No problem. Give the networks back their money, start at 1:00, and we can go back to watching them edited to fit on Wide World two or three weeks later, Cup races only.

If you want all three national series broadcast live, with P&Q, then letting the networks set the schedule is the price. Yes, that means those of who attend a couple of races a year may have some problems. By now everyone should be aware of them and plan accordingly.

No problem. Give the networks back their money, start at 1:00, and we can go back to watching them edited to fit on Wide World two or three weeks later, Cup races only.

If you want all three national series broadcast live, with P&Q, then letting the networks set the schedule is the price. Yes, that means those of who attend a couple of races a year may have some problems. By now everyone should be aware of them and plan accordingly.
People keep spouting the "TV needs it this late for west coast to watch!" crap, yet the NFL starts at 1 and is the highest rated sports on tv. Go figure. I get what you're saying but...

People keep spouting the "TV needs it this late for west coast to watch!" crap, yet the NFL starts at 1 and is the highest rated sports on tv. Go figure. I get what you're saying but...
Yep....this West Coaster chiming in with a hearty....THAT'S bull****! Put it on....and I will watch....day or night.....at home....or at work--like today ;). Boss can bite me!

Few things today will bring me more satisfaction than when I set the DVR this morning and learned the race will preempt Colin Cowherd.
Careful, I set the dvr yesterday at my brothers to record the race at 12 while on the guide it still showed Cowherd. Now today it is gone because the guide shows the race and not Cowherd. Glad we caught it before sitting down later today to watch it.

I ****** hate Monday races.

I'm going to try and watch a bit while I'm at work, but Mondays are always so damn busy. Yeah I can DVR and just watch several hours later when I get home, but it's not the same

COVID conditions taught us a lot of things about scheduling races. Moving a race up a couple of hours is nothing anymore. Networks also showed us that they could adapt during COVID conditions as well. Today could have been managed differently.....but that makes Monday morning suck just a little less although I will be working for my race money....kind of....maybe watching a little bit....or a lot....boss dependent.
Well said! Golf does this regularly as well, they'll start on Golf Channel for instance and then just finish earlier on NBC when thunder & lightning is a serious afternoon threat. Plus with high rain chances you're going to have to change around programming anyways due to postponement

I enjoy Monday races.
Plus, there is less posting of things that I just saw on the broadcast from the usual observational analysts on RF. I find that refreshingly pleasing...

Living on the West coast I've been getting up before dawn for years to watch the Formula 1 races so early start times are what I want for Nascar races too. Used to be that way but not anymore.

Just a few minutes until the race and the rain delay mosh pit will move on until the next time it rains.

People keep spouting the "TV needs it this late for west coast to watch!" crap,
I agree that's crap, but I don't know where the idea came from in the first place. I'd like to see something documenting that the start times are set to benefit the west coast audience.

As to the NFL, they run three consecutive games on Sunday; they have no choice but to start at 1:00. You'll notice they save the marquee games for 4:00 and 8:00. You're not going to see the top matchups at 1:00. TV has the rights to shift those games to later in the day.

Besides, comparing any other sport televised in the US to the 800-pound gorilla that is the NFL is apples to ungerminated seeds.

Careful, I set the dvr yesterday at my brothers to record the race at 12 while on the guide it still showed Cowherd. Now today it is gone because the guide shows the race and not Cowherd. Glad we caught it before sitting down later today to watch it.
If that turns out to be the case, worse things have happened to me. Nothing I can do about it once I leave the house. I'll record the edited rebroadcast. Either way, the world will still have three fewer hours of Cowherd; I'm willing to take one for that.

I much preferred the DVR capabilities of Dish over Spectrum. I could do an ad hoc recording for a specific channel and time, independent of what the scheduled showed. FS1, 12 noon, 5 hours, who cares what the schedule says.

Back
Top Bottom