Dover Pre-Race Thread

People keep spouting the "TV needs it this late for west coast to watch!" crap, yet the NFL starts at 1 and is the highest rated sports on tv. Go figure. I get what you're saying but...
People that know a little more know that the later start times are for better TV ratings. The world doesn't evolve around the east coast I'm afraid.

I agree that's crap, but I don't know where the idea came from in the first place. I'd like to see something documenting that the start times are set to benefit the west coast audience.

As to the NFL, they run three consecutive games on Sunday; they have no choice but to start at 1:00. You'll notice they save the marquee games for 4:00 and 8:00. You're not going to see the top matchups at 1:00. TV has the rights to shift those games to later in the day.

Besides, comparing any other sport televised in the US to the 800-pound gorilla that is the NFL is apples to ungerminated seeds.

That's kinda naive to think TV isn't the reason that races that used to start at 12-1 now start at 3-4.

Careful, I set the dvr yesterday at my brothers to record the race at 12 while on the guide it still showed Cowherd. Now today it is gone because the guide shows the race and not Cowherd. Glad we caught it before sitting down later today to watch it.
Well, crud. Such is life. :idunno:

Yep, if they just let us record a specific time all would be well.
Dish does, or at least did before I dropped them for Spectrum. One of the minor mistakes I've made in life; Spectrum's boxes / features are decidedly inferior.

At least I caught the replay. They didn't cut too much but they could have cut even less of the racing if they'd dropped all of the nonsense after Sunday's rain caution / red.

Here it is Tuesday, and no Darlington pre race thread.
The pre race threads usually start about an hour after the current race is over. Very disappointed in this turn of events...

That's kinda naive to think TV isn't the reason that races that used to start at 12-1 now start at 3-4.
It's because the youngsters on the east coast won't get their azzes out of bed before noon. Having to wait on them costs me half a day. :D

Back
Top Bottom