Dover RACE thread --- Rd. 1

Coyote1big_zps865a46df.jpg

Says Bowyer:
"We've gotta figure something out. You know, that's about five or six weeks in a row that a mysterious debris caution comes out, and then, lo-and-behold, right after they throw that, wouldn’t you know it, actual debris is on the race track when they could throw it for real."

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...aution-top-five-finish-sprint-cup-series.html
Drivers starting to question it. We need to have microphones in the race officiating booth so we can hear & record whats going on up there. It has gotten ridiculous this year.

Q. Robin, a few drivers said over the radio that they saw problems with that this morning. Were any of those concerns brought to you or any of the NASCAR officials?
ROBIN PEMBERTON: We do a track walk after every race and in the morning, so at the time that had been a previous patch, but our staff, our crew didn't see anything wrong with it.
Q. I was just wondering if you could talk about the decision not to let the cars work under the red flag, especially Jamie.
ROBIN PEMBERTON: Yes. We've had issues of things like this in the past, and Martinsville comes to mind, some other things similar to that, and our policy is not to let them work on the car. You may remember when we had an equipment failure, broadcast equipment failure, sometime back, and that affected the entire field of race cars, and at that time we did red flag and we did allow the teams to fix the damage that was caused by that equipment failure. But that is our normal policy, to not allow teams to work on their cars.
Q. Can you talk a little bit about how the actual repair was made, the materials used?
ROBIN PEMBERTON: Yeah, our teams are -- we have equipment and we have product at every facility. Facilities keep it on hand. We do bring extras in case there is a need for it, but it is an epoxy type filler that we use, and it's basically the same filler that's used any time we make a repair at the track, whether it be asphalt or concrete.

You may remember when we had an equipment failure, broadcast equipment failure, sometime back, and that affected the entire field of race cars, and at that time we did red flag and we did allow the teams to fix the damage that was caused by that equipment failure.
So the entire field has now been narrowed down to Kyle Busch. Good to know.

So the entire field has now been narrowed down to Kyle Busch. Good to know.
From Nascar.com
“The first thing we did was we stopped the field and had the inspectors look at everybody’s cars,” Darby said. “We had 19 of them that we could confirm had damage. There could have been some others that we didn’t know about, or had damage that was underneath.

The solo cup was 15 yards under the apron. If a driver hits that, they got worse problems than flinching.

Along time ago I remember watching an onboard view a mark martin's windshield getting speared by a broken sway bar. Didnt even phase him. Earlier this year JJ had a hunk of dirt destroy his windshield. I dont think a solo cup is going to make a driver swerve out of control.
I wasn't talking about anyone hitting a solo cup, i was talking about the air from the cars blowing it around through the air. But, if it didn't bother Mark or JJ then it must be ok. But, i still don't mind them throwing a caution just to make sure... just in case you are wrong and it could affect a driver and cause a wreck.;)

Back
Top Bottom