Dover Race Thread

Missed opportunity for Jr? JJ out raced him. And if you're out front in the gen 6 car you can't be passed... But anyway I don't think it's a missed opportunity it's a good spark for the next 7
I hope Junior looks at it that way and keeps his head up. It could go either way for him confidence-wise. He can definitely win races with the group he currently has behind him, though.

I'd love to see him get a win before the season ends. I won't hold my breath, but I'd love to see it.

I hope Junior looks at it that way and keeps his head up. It could go either way for him confidence-wise. He can definitely win races with the group he currently has behind him, though.

I'd love to see him get a win before the season ends. I won't hold my breath, but I'd love to see it.

I would love to see Jr raise his focus even higher and start winning regularly.

Good stuff today. Love the long run racing, and I love the attitude of racecars on this track.

With Clint working a fuel strategy and HMS running 1,2,3.. No way nascar would allow him to steal a win... They may as well called debris in the grandstands.

Well they did a poor job then because the real outcome didn't really change. A hendrick car won while 2 other top 5 it so not too shabby eh?

Even gained 4 points. :D

Too bad he needs, not just 1 win but at least 3....preferbly in a row.

We aren't out of it. We have speed. If the top three bobble one or two races and we hold it together, who knows.

We aren't out of it. We have speed. If the top three bobble one or two races and we hold it together, who knows.

True. Talladega will be "it."

Question is, will Gordon come out of it or be wrapped in it? Plate races have not been kind to Gordon since 2007.

True. Talladega will be "it."

Question is, will Gordon come out of it or be wrapped in it? Plate races have not been kind to Gordon since 2007.

Nope. We'll see.

I wonder how Kurt's new crew did today?

He ran so bad today, after the first 20 laps I don't think they ever showed his car or mentioned him again.

I felt like four tires wouldn't help much and Jr just isn't the driver that is going to out drive someone.
Come on, Jr finished 2nd. Not to bad a finish. Give him a little credit. btw, where did kurt finish. :)

I'm glad that Earnhardt was unhappy with 2nd...he should be. Hopefully it'll spark him to go out and win some races.

Well they did a poor job then because the real outcome didn't really change. A hendrick car won while 2 other top 5 it so not too shabby eh?
Wow dude... Do u not realize all 3 HM$ cars needed to pit for fuel while Clint didn't? After Richmond, no way Helton would have allowed it. Rick pays him and Permerton too much money... By the way, should Allen and the pit crew still be fired for holding JG back?

Wow dude... Do u not realize all 3 HM$ cars needed to pit for fuel while Clint didn't? After Richmond, no way Helton would have allowed it. Rick pays him and Permerton too much money... By the way, should Allen and the pit crew still be fired for holding JG back?

Wow dude really? Gordon was going to go all the way and he would have made it.

Clint pitted a lap after Gordon, a mere lap.

Jeff Gordon ‏@JeffGordonWeb 6h
Great 4th place for @AxaltaRacing #Cromax @TeamChevy today. Bummer that last caution came out we were in perfect position to go all the way.

Now unless you know more than the guy driving the thing, you have the floor.

I seem to recall you calling for Allen to go before NA$CAR made him the 13th driver in the chase, still feel that way? Or is Jeff competing despite Allen's set ups?

You're acting like this was make believe...it was all there dude. Gordon was one of the last to make pit stops.

You're in total denial. lol

If the man himself said they were going to go all the way and could have made it, then maybe they could have. You're fighting his own words? You're insane.

I seem to recall you calling for Allen to go before NA$CAR made him the 13th driver in the chase, still feel that way? Or is Jeff competing despite Allen's set ups?

And if you look at posts after the race you would still see that I still think he should.

Alan only knows one type of setups, long run.

Needs someone more versatile.

Wow dude really? Gordon was going to go all the way and he would have made it.

Clint pitted a lap after Gordon, a mere lap.

Jeff Gordon ‏@JeffGordonWeb 6h
Great 4th place for @AxaltaRacing #Cromax @TeamChevy today. Bummer that last caution came out we were in perfect position to go all the way.

Now unless you know more than the guy driving the thing, you have the floor.
LOL, you actually shut him up after this post as he had nothing worthwhile to come back with. Keep up the good work. :)

Wow dude... Do u not realize all 3 HM$ cars needed to pit for fuel while Clint didn't?
Gordon was good to the end and a few positions ahead of Clint. If the caution had not come out I'm confident Gordon would have won, if nobody saved enough fuel, and Clint would be close to second. Another Gordon win over Clint after a scandal? Too much for you to bear huh

Jeff Gordon had enough fuel to make it to the end. They were playing the fuel game from the first pit stop, that's why they stayed out every time as long as they could. Before the last caution he was pacing to keep Dale Jr. 1 second behind him, I was watching and listening on Raceview and that was their strategy.

Damn team orders! Surely four should have outrun two, right?

BVatw_9CAAACwIP.jpg:large

Funny today listening to some of the callers to NASCAR Radio. People saying that Jimmie should have pulled over because he owed him one. :D I want Jr. to win but being handed a race isn't my idea of a victory.
LOL! Seriously?

I don't think there are any true fans out there that want to see their driver win that way. Besides, even if they did try something like that, they'd be breaking the 100% rule (which I believe is basically unenforceable unless the teams stupidly give their game away on the radio like MWR did).

Probably already mentioned but I didn't see it..... The finish @ Dover this past weekend was the first time that the top-10 was entirely made up of Chase contenders.

Funny today listening to some of the callers to NASCAR Radio. People saying that Jimmie should have pulled over because he owed him one. :D I want Jr. to win but being handed a race isn't my idea of a victory.

Jimmie is the wrong guy to ask that of. lol

Guy wouldn't give Gordon an inch and he pretty much owes Gordon his entry into this sport. :p

I think Jr. is looking good for a win in the next few races.

Come on, Jr finished 2nd. Not to bad a finish. Give him a little credit. btw, where did kurt finish. :)

Its a good finish for JR but I knew Jimmie would adjust to the fact that JR had fresher tires and beat him. I wouldn't say that about some of the other chase drivers. to be a little more fair, 25 laps wasn't enough for four tires to matter. it was more like 50.

Back
Top Bottom