Drivers blow off interviews

C

Coffee Warlord

Jayski.com says:
Members of the print media were enraged to learn following today's race at Atlanta that second-place finisher Tony Stewart and highest-finishing rookie Jamie McMurray both blew off ther post race press conferences. McMurray said he had to catch a flight. It was announced McMurray was excused. Stewart said he had a previous engagement to attend. This comes on the heels of the Kansas race where second-place finisher Bill Elliott failed to appear before the media. NASCAR said after Kansas that fines could be imposed if it happened again. NASCAR's Jim Hunter went into the Winston Cup garage after the race today searching for Tony Stewart. The driver of the #20 Home Depot Chevrolet was nowhere to be found. Ironically while third-place finishing Jimmie Johnson, driver of the Lowe's Chevrolet, sat and fielded questions, Stewart, sponsored by Atlanta-based Home Depot quickly exited the premises. Hunter said he would look into the matter this week. Stewart did field an interview with TNT after the race

I bet Tony was ticked off at Goodyear again and decided to keep quiet about it!

He also was probably ticked off that Nascar lets the races end under the yellow flag. Looks like Tony is trying to keep out of trouble this year as much as possible.

I think you are right raj. but as much as I like Tony I think he could say a few words without getting himself into trouble.

Considering this was a Monday race and they have a shorter week by going to Phoenix later in the week, NASCAR shoudl give them a pass. But what about Harvick blowing off TNT?

Originally posted by MRM@Oct 28 2003, 02:29 PM
Considering this was a Monday race and they have a shorter week by going to Phoenix later in the week, NASCAR shoudl give them a pass. But what about Harvick blowing off TNT?
Give them a pass ?? This isn't just about NASCAR. Ths is about sponsors. These people spend tens of millions of dollars and depend on the few short minutes of air time thier drivers give them in interviews.

If a driver is too busy or disappointed to give what the sponsor pays for, the driver is wrong.

Unless there is a commercial flight or personal engagement there is no reason to excuse anyone. These drivers have time and are paid well for thier time and skills. It is like any job. You do what you need to do to keep your sponsor happy and make sure they get thier monies worth.

A race coming within five days is no reason to give lattitude. Tony finished second. He was upset. Tough nuggies. Suck it up like a man Tony. Be a good sport and show the rest of the world how a champion should act.

Originally posted by MRM@Oct 28 2003, 09:29 AM
I dont blame Kevin. I would be upset, too.

We don't know their schedule, only what has been told to us. I'm sure a number of drivers had to cancel or reschedule commitments because of the day's delay. They may deserve piling on, but let's see what the real story is.

Originally posted by slick-nick+Oct 28 2003, 11:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slick-nick @ Oct 28 2003, 11:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MRM@Oct 28 2003, 09:29 AM
I dont blame Kevin. I would be upset, too. [/b][/quote]
I do, he was acting like a spoiled baby. His comment of "It's all over now" & declining to be interviewed seemed to me that he conceded the championship to Matt. I wonder what Richard Childress is thinking? I wonder what Dale Sr. would think?

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Oct 28 2003, 10:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Oct 28 2003, 10:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -slick-nick@Oct 28 2003, 11:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--MRM
@Oct 28 2003, 09:29 AM

I do, he was acting like a spoiled baby. His comment of "It's all over now" & declining to be interviewed seemed to me that he conceded the championship to Matt. I wonder what Richard Childress is thinking? I wonder what Dale Sr. would think? [/b][/quote]
:rolleyes: Here we go again....

I'm surprised that old Harvo still has a Winston Cup Ride. His attitude just totally sucks and he has wrecked just about every car in the field at least once. He might as well wreck the pace car next week and make it 100%!!!

A driver currently 3rd in the points, with 1 win and numerous top 5's should have a ride.

1 win
17.5 avg. start
11.9 avg finish
99.6 laps complete
0 DNF 3 in points
4,569,660 in earnings.

I really can't see why Harvick keeps a ride either. :lol:

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 28 2003, 05:20 PM
I'm surprised that old Harvo still has a Winston Cup Ride.&nbsp; His attitude just totally sucks and he has wrecked just about every car in the field at least once.&nbsp; He might as well wreck the pace car next week and make it 100%!!!
I don't care for harvick and I disagree with that, he was ****y until he got suspended then he settled down, well until richmond :p

I kinda like Harvick,altho he is not on my ALL TIME favorites list. I kinda commend him for keeping his mouth shut.

Its not the kids Driving as much as his Attitude! He should be the one getting booed every where he goes >>> Not Kurt Busch >>> with the stuff Kevin does >> he makes Kurt look like a Saint!

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 28 2003, 08:08 PM
Its not the kids Driving as much as his Attitude! He should be the one getting booed every where he goes >>> Not Kurt Busch >>> with the stuff Kevin does >> he makes Kurt look like a Saint!
Please tell me you are kidding... :rolleyes:

You just keep digging away my friend.

Rajflyboy. Your tales are interesting and I would love to suscribe to your all-bullcrap magazine.

Actually, not only am I surprised that Mr. flyboy still is digging away, I'm actually surprised how long he's been on the forum.

Same here, Happy! Somebody for sure pissed in his Corn Flakes this morning...

Tony gets in trouble when he opens his mouth or when he keeps it shut. How amusing.

Originally posted by 66mustang+Oct 28 2003, 01:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (66mustang @ Oct 28 2003, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -17_Fan@Oct 28 2003, 10:30 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--MRM

I do, he was acting like a spoiled baby. His comment of "It's all over now" & declining to be interviewed seemed to me that he conceded the championship to Matt. I wonder what Richard Childress is thinking? I wonder what Dale Sr. would think?
:rolleyes: Here we go again.... [/b][/quote]
whatever...

But there is a old saying that applies to Mr. Harvick. Quiters never win & winners never quit. Matt hasn't got anything locked up yet & Mr. Happy has 'thown in the towel'. :cuckoo:

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Oct 29 2003, 10:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Oct 29 2003, 10:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -66mustang@Oct 28 2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by -17_Fan@Oct 28 2003, 10:30 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--MRM

:rolleyes: Here we go again....
whatever...

But there is a old saying that applies to Mr. Harvick. Quiters never win & winners never quit. Matt hasn't got anything locked up yet & Mr. Happy has 'thown in the towel'. :cuckoo: [/b][/quote]
I'm sure he was disappointed. It was a long stretch before the race and now it looks even more impossible. Kenseth didn't talk to the reporters when he crashed at Kansas did he? I guess he has a bad attitude too. Oh wait, its different with Kenseth, I know. :rolleyes: Its ok with Kenseth to be upset when he wrecks but Harvick should be happy when he wrecks or has a disappointed day. Er wait...

I belive the race for the championship has been over for the last 4 to 5 weeks. Jr is about 258 points behind Kenseth. Kenseth has to finish better than 21st in the next three races, Don't think he will have a problem doing that. Harvick theow in the towel Fat chance. But he migt have faced the fact that the odds of catching Kenseth are slim to none. That is just my 2 cents worth.

I don't know how this topic got to be about Harvick, but I hope he wins the next 3 races to make it interesting.

Some Crazy### troller couldnt take the #### out of his mouth so he decided to start bashing drivers, thats how the topic astrayed.

Well, the championship in my opinion, mathematically it's not over, but Kenseth finishing belowing 21st for the next few races? Like Lee Corso says, my friend, it Aint gonna happen. But there will be an interesting points battle from 2nd on down to 6th.

This post has been edited for language by me , NW

Happy29, you should be banned from the forum for using such language.......and if you arent I'm going. This is not the first time you have used foul language on the forum.

Originally posted by muggle not@Oct 29 2003, 03:56 PM
Happy29, you should be banned from the forum for using such language.......and if you arent I'm going. This is not the first time you have used foul language on the forum.
Go ahead leave, and while youre at it, sue me, write to my congressman I could care less.

Originally posted by muggle not@Oct 29 2003, 06:56 PM
Oh good greif it's only a word,it can't hurt you. Sticks and stones maybe,but not words.

Attachments

• DingDongsTnOpt.jpg
    DingDongsTnOpt.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 82
Originally posted by Old Ironhead+Oct 29 2003, 08:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Old Ironhead @ Oct 29 2003, 08:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--muggle not@Oct 29 2003, 06:56 PM
Oh good greif it's only a word,it can't hurt you. Sticks and stones maybe,but not words. [/b][/quote]
Let's get something straight. Is this a racing forum or is it an X-rated forum. Is it only for adults or is it for all including children. Happy29 may have been here for a long time but that doesn't mean diddly squat to me. How he would last on any forum with such a foul mouth is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by muggle not@Oct 29 2003, 06:56 PM
Oh god, aren't we all adults here? I can understand really offensive or vulgar language, so let's not act like we got virgin ears knowin that we hear this type of language everyday, so if you are offended by what somebody says go onto another thread and lets the mods handle it. :)

Originally posted by muggle not+Oct 29 2003, 08:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muggle not @ Oct 29 2003, 08:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Old Ironhead@Oct 29 2003, 08:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--muggle not
@Oct 29 2003, 06:56 PM

Oh good greif it's only a word,it can't hurt you. Sticks and stones maybe,but not words.
Let's get something straight. Is this a racing forum or is it an X-rated forum. Is it only for adults or is it for all including children. Happy29 may have been here for a long time but that doesn't mean diddly squat to me. How he would last on any forum with such a foul mouth is beyond me. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
ummm go visit a forum called the hole and every other word is a cussword, well maybe not that much but there are plenty of F-bombs.

Originally posted by steveluvs3+Oct 29 2003, 08:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steveluvs3 @ Oct 29 2003, 08:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--muggle not@Oct 29 2003, 06:56 PM
Oh god, aren't we all adults here? I can understand really offensive or vulgar language, so let's not act like we got virgin ears knowin that we hear this type of language everyday, so if you are offended by what somebody says go onto another thread and lets the mods handle it. :) [/b][/quote]
No as a matter of fact it is not all adults on here, there are several teenagers, including Happy29....

Edit: BTW thank you NW for editing that post.

Back
Top Bottom