Dumb Cell Phone Twestion

KTMLew01

Team Owner
Verizon. Over course of last year noticed phone is about useless in bedroom. Live in a mobile home. Old & short. The trailer...well me too for that matter. I think 40ish feet. The dumb questions to follow <tinged with sarcasm>

1. Is Twitter accessed via Internet or cell towers?
2. Facebook?
3. Browser?

My phone has gotten so it doesn't want to load any of these in the bedroom. Full WiFi signal but almost no cell signal. Slooooooooooow loads. Twitter will pop up the "cannot retrieve tweets". Cell signal is barely better in living room which can't be more than 12 feet away but works better. Have three options for Network type.

1. Global
2. LTE/CDMA
3. LTE/GSM/UMTS

Tried all of the above. Zero difference. Added memory card to phone. Nope. I'm stumped.

Verizon. Over course of last year noticed phone is about useless in bedroom. Live in a mobile home. Old & short. The trailer...well me too for that matter. I think 40ish feet. The dumb questions to follow <tinged with sarcasm>

2. Facebook?
3. Browser?

My phone has gotten so it doesn't want to load any of these in the bedroom. Full WiFi signal but almost no cell signal. Slooooooooooow loads. Twitter will pop up the "cannot retrieve tweets". Cell signal is barely better in living room which can't be more than 12 feet away but works better. Have three options for Network type.

1. Global
2. LTE/CDMA
3. LTE/GSM/UMTS

Tried all of the above. Zero difference. Added memory card to phone. Nope. I'm stumped.

It's all accessed online. The cell data just gives you internet access.

There's a "Facebook Lite" app for both Apple and Android. When I lived in Kenly and burned through all my data in two days because I had no internet at home, I was able to access Facebook through that. I'm not sure if Twitter has an equivalent as I've never had an issue with either.

Also, it might be time to upgrade your phone. My Note 8 only got two bars and my old ZTE hotspot only got one bar in my house. I now have an iPhone 11 and get four bars, and four bars on my Netgear Nighthawk hotspot. Newer phones have more cell bands.

Your first two sentences seem to conflict. If everything runs through the cell tower how does using WiFi "decrease" the data used? I'm really not getting this. Phone has also been asking if i want to improve WiFi for phone calls. I've never used WiFi calling. Phone is maybe 2 years old. Android. But cheap prepaid Moto e5 Play. Been waiting for 5G to get rolled out. Let me see what 5G phones are available for less than a Corvette payment.

2. Facebook?
3. Browser?

1. Global
2. LTE/CDMA
3. LTE/GSM/UMTS

I'm on Verizon with an Android phone as well. Twitter, Facebook & your web browser on your phone would all default to your WiFi signal when at home when WiFi is turned on. Cell towers when away. It's possible to have an established WiFi connection yet the router does not have internet access. That happened to me this morning. A simple reboot of my cable modem and router corrected that. Do you have a laptop/computer that you connect through the WiFi signal at home or is it hardwired? That would tell you right away if you have an established internet connection. If you're connected to WiFi that doesn't have an established internet connection, your phone will then try to access the internet via cell tower. With a weak signal, that would give you the slow connection.

Back
Top Bottom