DW to call it quits?

I'm actually wondering how much longer until they have to replace Gordon. And If Mike Joy steps away you could be looking at an entire new booth within the next 5 years. Gordon seems to be going year to year and every season we hear about how Rick wants him to take on a larger role at HMS.

Interesting topic. I dont think Joy is long for the play by play and thats the scary thought... who in the hell is Fox going to get? A slight past his prime Joy is still better than anything Rick Allen will give us in just under a month here when NBC takes over. I was surprised to see JG re-up with Fox again last year because I thought this year was going to be his last and then step into HMS Management. Everyone likes Petty and DJ..... they are great in their ownright. But I kind of what want someone that's recently been in the race car if Fox is going to do Ex Crew Chief, Play By Play man and Ex Driver. If it ends up being Petty or DJ I wont complain though. I'm super sad DW is almost done, everyone has crapped on him the last 2 years or so, they're going to miss him when he's gone. I know I will.

Adam Alexander just isn't #1 PBP, Daytona 500 lead announcer material. Hard pass on Vince Welch as the PBP guy as well. Sorry, but they're gonna have to go outside of the organization for that one.

I hope DW delves a little deeper into what it is he's not 100% in agreement with NASCAR on once he's officially retired.

Adam Alexander just isn't #1 PBP, Daytona 500 lead announcer material. Hard pass on Vince Welch as the PBP guy as well. Sorry, but they're gonna have to go outside of the organization for that one.

I hope DW delves a little deeper into what it is he's not 100% in agreement with NASCAR on once he's officially retired.
thats another interesting angle, he's said in that ESPN Article "It isnt the NASCAR he grew up in" ( Paraphrasing) but I doubt he will say anything about his true feelings. They all become company shills for some reason after they hang it up more so than when they drove. Tony is the only authentic one still left.

I have zero candidates who they could hire after Joy leaves. None come to mind. I would hope its Bestwick but outside of that I have no idea.

Bestwick and DJ have called together before. It could go Joy, DJ, Jeff. And then Bestwick, DJ, Harvick after a couple years. If and when Joy hangs it up, and if Jeff decides to bail for ownership. Idk just spit balling here. It's going to be an interesting transition to see unfold.

I've listened to Ralph in the lower series races and thought years ago that he would be doing the higher series soon. He's really good at it. It hasn't happened for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom