Edwards..Thinking about it

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
“Monday or Tuesday I woke up and thought, ‘Man, I’d like to be going to Homestead to battle for another championship,'” Edwards said. “This is the first time I’ve really thought it would be fun to be at the race track.”
“My definition of sportsmanship is someone who truly loves the game, truly loves the race. Win, lose or draw, that’s the result. But the actual event it what it’s about.

“Jimmie Johnson’s a perfect example. My first win … at Atlanta, I beat him by three feet for something, won the race. He was the first guy in Victory Lane high-fiving, dumping Gatorade on my head. I didn’t realize it at the time, but that’s probably why Jimmie Johnson has seven championships. He just loves the sport. He just loves to race. That’s sportsmanship to me.”
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/11...rl-edwards-from-nascars-championship-weekend/

I posted this story yesterday. Didn't seem to generate any interest. Too bad. I always like Carl except for his Keselowski/Kenseth roid moments.
I had liked Cousin Carl too, but that stuff brought an end to that.

sorry bout that I didn't see it anywhere before I posted it. But it is an interesting article I thought. I wonder how many offers he has had since.

sorry bout that I didn't see it anywhere before I posted it. But it is an interesting article I thought. I wonder how many offers he has had since.
I'd like to see him back in the sport but he really seems to have distanced himself. Not a lot of rides available if even a past Champion is leaving the sport against his will.

He mentioned Global Rally cars. I know he would pull fans in there, I know I would pay more attention if he did race in that series. It's pretty much a VW series right now. Speed or Faust.

It's a bad disease that has put many a good (wo) man down.

Well, proof gonna be in the pudding. His Gibbs contract is over. I am sure Dodge or whoever the other manufacturer is that is considering coming will make a call. He would look great in that 44 Dodge in 2019.

Well, proof gonna be in the pudding. His Gibbs contract is over. I am sure Dodge or whoever the other manufacturer is that is considering coming will make a call. He would look great in that 44 Dodge in 2019.
Look this whole Dodge thing would be cool and all, but unless you have some proof with a verifiable link, I think just saying they are coming back in 2019 is just a lot of hot air and wishful thinking.

Look this whole Dodge thing would be cool and all, but unless you have some proof with a verifiable link, I think just saying they are coming back in 2019 is just a lot of hot air and wishful thinking.
I’m getting a bit tired of the rumor myself. The Dodge Return and Chip Kelly rumors need to go away promptly

cm4wfv1ljjzz.jpg

Carl is retired from Cup as he has all the money he needs, says he is satisfied with the career he had and is complete sick of the dog and pony show he had to endure with sponsor obligations. I am sure he will race something at sometime but it won't be a Nascar sanctioned event unless he does a 180 and there is no reason to believe that will happen.

I had to Google 'Chip Kelly'.

I'm not doing it. If they can't refer to racing topics to make a point or keep posting o/t rumors that aren't substantiated what good is it. Most of them don't read the posted article anyway. Edwards stated: Edwards said he has a “feeling” he’ll be back in a dirt car, while adding he may give Global Rally Cross a try." Edwards said he has been talking to Steve Arpin (for those that don't know he is a global rally cross driver).

Bye,,,,but remember me when it happens...
Nothing personal I wasnt making a personal attack. You're not the only on this forum, or anywhere else I talk racing at. I'll also remember you if nothing happens on Speedweeks, dont delete your account here I'ld like to say hello.

Nothing personal I wasnt making a personal attack. You're not the only on this forum, or anywhere else I talk racing at. I'll also remember you if nothing happens on Speedweeks, dont delete your account here I'ld like to say hello.
on the other hand, if that is all it takes. :D

my guess is he ain't coming back to Cup. It doesn't pay enough nowadays.
I don't think he's coming back either...... but.... I'd say the pay isn't the only contributing factor... he had his contract and deal done when he quit....... I think he was tired of all the crap that had to be put up with.... maybe he could see the handwriting on the wall with where Pious Joe was going...... who knows.......

Totally disagree. Listen to post-accident 2016 again. That was not a man with retirement on his mind. He was forced to the sideline and for the right deal that a new manufacturer can bring, I believe he could come back.

averaging 4 million fans a pop measured on an antiquated survey system..it isn't going anywhere in my lifetime.

I don't live in the future bud, I try my best to take it one day at a time. As it is today..there isn't any other racing series that is more popular than Nascar is. That said I am not a herd follower I have always enjoyed stock car racing and apparently so have in an overwhelming margin other people or it wouldn't be pulling down four times the viewership as the next racing series.

A very interesting thread, filled with important news that the racing media has missed entirely. All of the racing journos in search of a scoop would do well to lurk here. Today I have learned...

1. Carl left involuntarily, forced out by some un-named sinister force.

2. Carl left because he hates the way Nascar operates, even though he was a tireless and vocal leader advocating for the exact changes that have been implemented in 2016 and 2017.

3. Carl left because he hated sponsor obligations, although he has never said that, and has continued post-retirement to maintain sponsorship activities, and seek new ones also.

4. Carl will return soon driving for some new dreamed-up team.

And the people who make this stuff up and present it as fact then wonder why they have so little credibility... :flushed:

A very interesting thread, filled with important news that the racing media has missed entirely. All of the racing journos in search of a scoop would do well to lurk here. Today I have learned...

1. Carl left involuntarily, forced out by some un-named sinister force.

2. Carl left because he hates the way Nascar operates, even though he was a tireless and vocal leader advocating for the exact changes that have been implemented in 2016 and 2017.

3. Carl left because he hated sponsor obligations, although he has never said that, and has continued post-retirement to maintain sponsorship activities, and seek new ones also.

And the people who make this stuff up and present it as fact then wonder why they have so little credibility... :flushed:
Carl left i think because racing wasn't fun for him anymore, at least not at the Cup level, that and the fact that many of his fellow racers were dealing with concussion issues...aka, Jr.

Back
Top Bottom