ESPN is at Dover trying to stir the pot

Not much ESPN love round these parts. I still tune in for sports updates and MNF. Track and Field too.

Right now they are only reporting on what everyone else is reporting on. Hell it's the same subject that most everyone on here is rendering their opinion on. Not a big deal. This subject will die soon enough and we'll be on to the next big topic.

If rehashing something very old is ancient history and something merely...old is beating a dead horse, I'd surmise that current events is people's only recourse for discourse :)

I watch ESPN for MNF and that's it. Seeings how hockey and NASCAR are my two favorite sports, I have no reason to turn on ESPN any day other than Mondays.

Not much ESPN love round these parts. I still tune in for sports updates and MNF. Track and Field too.

Right now they are only reporting on what everyone else is reporting on. Hell it's the same subject that most everyone on here is rendering their opinion on. Not a big deal. This subject will die soon enough and we'll be on to the next big topic.

Unfortunately, I don't see this topic dying any time soon.

[QUOTE="Skoalbandit33, post: 1239670, member: 8634" Besides it is forum policy not to have discussion like that in an open forum.[/QUOTE]
Incorrect. This is the 47th post and it's been civilized so far.

[QUOTE="Skoalbandit33, post: 1239670, member: 8634" Besides it is forum policy not to have discussion like that in an open forum.
Incorrect. This is the 47th post and it's been civilized so far.[/QUOTE]

I agree that things have been civilized but a discussion about the hot button issue is not being had as it is more like having a discussion about a discussion. IMO a polite discussion would be one person saying something like "I don't like it that athletes are dragging the anthem and flag into this protest but brave men and women died to give us freedom of speech so I have to live with it." Another person could say "While they have the right to protest it is in such poor taste to use the anthem and the flag for an issue that doesn't involve either."

Everyone already has their mind made up on this issue and no one is looking to learn anything about it as they would rather just yell at each other, IMO.

I thought it was a discussion about how ESPN was showing more than their usual minimal interest in NASCAR in order to leverage a hot button issue and attract viewers.

I've tried to mostly ignore the issue they're exploiting and wonder why they aren't talking about the racing instead. Oh, and to take some cheap shots at the World Wide Leader. :p

breaking news:
Matt Da bet a Nintendo was spotted taking a knee during the national anthem before tonights Nascar Whelen Infinity Indy Grand Prix Series 6 mile race at The Tona Beach Highway.

Last edited:
msespn.png

breaking news:
Matt Da bet a Nintendo was spotted taking a knee during the national anthem before tonights Nascar Whelen Infinity Indy Grand Prix Series 6 mile race at The Tona Beach Highway.

Shucks .......... I missed that race :(

The last time my TV was on ESPN was last Monday for MNF and that is the only programming I watch on ESPN and it has to be a match up I am interested in or I pass.
I have no use for any stick and balls sports so I have no use for ESPN, but I would be the same if I did watch other sports.

Just about every week. Bob Pockrass reports for ESPN.

Bob Pockrass is a classic pot-stirrer, though, he does it every week in the Media Center. Most drivers basically give him a thinly-veiled "____ You" and bail as soon as he opens his mouth.

Back
Top Bottom