F1: 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
EdDRSfEX0AAlJjh

EczkMEUWoAAhhzk

Love this track fron a technical standpoint, but I'm not expecting a barn burner.

I hope Verstappen and possibly Albon can put on a show here. Considering how wild the Red Bull is I wonder if they will even be close to Merc W11.

At the same time, Hungary has plenty of kerbs to deal with especially sector 2. I wonder if they will have the sensor issue?

Lots of interesting questions might get answered this weekend from Red Bull's protest of Racing Point's brake ducts all the way to where Vettel is going, or where will Chico land. That, and will Ferrari can Binotto? Now there's a lot of nosie that Hass might not be back next year. We hardly even need the racing because the other stories are so interesting.

Ferrari is in complete, utter turmoil. Their drivers have crashed into each other again and the car is, as Lauda would say, sh*t. With all the resources Ferrari has, how could they get it so wrong?

The flip side is McLaren can't seem to do anything wrong and everything is going their way. Lando is third in the championship and who saw that coming? They aren't running as well this weekend, but Lando and Carlos really shine in the races. They probably can't get a win this year, but at least we are finally seeing big improvement and maybe all they need now is the Honda engine and Ricciardo.

First practice is over and it looks like Merc is again in their own world.

Lots of interesting questions might get answered this weekend from Red Bull's protest of Racing Point's brake ducts

LOL not an F1 weekend without Red Bull stirring ****.

Renault are protesting the Racing Point ducts, not Red Bull. Although Red Bull are pretty concerned about the RPs themselves, Horner said as much this week.

Mercedes will be unstoppable if it’s dry all weekend, which it may not be - especially Sunday. RP and Checo in particular very quick again too. Ferrari at least look like they’ll be more competitive than the previous two weekends with the additional updates they’ve brought.

Ferrari at least look like they’ll be more competitive than the previous two weekends with the additional updates they’ve brought.

That's allowed?

They brought an upgrade last week, too. I thought you could only do 1 upgrade per half season?

That's allowed?

They brought an upgrade last week, too. I thought you could only do 1 upgrade per half season?
They actually went backwards and used an old spec front wing this morning. The one they brought to Austria last week was everything they planned to debut this week initially. They’re probably benefitting from not being a power track.

Aero is basically always open for development though. Although I think engines are frozen this year except for reliability tweaks and some aero bits will be frozen later in the year.

Renault are protesting the Racing Point ducts, not Red Bull. Although Red Bull are pretty concerned about the RPs themselves, Horner said as much this week.

You're right. It's hard to keep up with all the other crazy stuff that's going on. Formula One might be the best soap opera going right now!

Mercedes will be unstoppable if it’s dry all weekend, which it may not be - especially Sunday.

Yeah, but Hamilton was utterly unstoppable in the rain last week, so I don't know if rain this week would make things any better that way. Still, you never know what's going to happen in a wet race.

RP and Checo in particular very quick again too.

At this point Chico is driving for his job, and he's responding well.

Ferrari at least look like they’ll be more competitive than the previous two weekends with the additional updates they’ve brought.

Hell, they didn't get to test the upgrades they brought last week because they didn't make a lap. I predict they will go down the rabbit hole of confusion this race. They are in panic mode, and throwing new upgrades at the car without knowing if last weekend's upgrades worked or made things worse. Right about now, if I were Carlos I'de be asking myself what the hell I had just done signing with them.

I also think Vettel will sleepwalk through the season just waiting to get the hell out of there. He knows they don't want him and nothing is more demotivating than that. That or he will fight back and make something of it like Lauda did after Ferrari favored Carlos Reutemann. Ferrari is also rumored to be ready to fire Binotto, so the whole team is a big mess right now. They've been near the top so long they were due for a slump.

What a strange ending to the first session. Track got insanely fast and we have some unusual names up there.

Russell in 12th again in dry conditions and Latifi qualifies 15th. Williams is miles ahead of where they were last season.

This man Russell is going to be scary and I think with time Latifi will get accustomed.

There is no way Racing Point’s sudden burst of speed is coming just from copying the Mercs design.

Now I’m curious where the Renault protest will lead.

The Mercedes is just stupid. Even Brundle is saying he’s never seen anything corner like it before.

Bad, bad performance by Red Bull today.

Ferrari not embarrassing for once. It’d be encouraging if it turns out they have a decent car away from power tracks.

Car is absolutely mental. Flatout through 4 and 11? That's really unheard of. I don't even think the championship Red Bull cars could do that.
The cars had way less downforce in Red Bull's championship years.
The current generation of F1 cars is incredibly fast in the turns but that's not good for the racing.

Max just wiped out.

Hamilton radioed that it’s too wet to race?

K-Mag is on full-wets and is the only one.

It better start monsooning real soon.

I like Kyvat's idea of going on slicks IMO, the dry line will form quickly.

I thought Bottas had a good start. He went nowhere fast.

Don't understand full wets. These guys already are struggling to keep the tires cool it looks like. Dry line will form shortly.

Back
Top Bottom