F1 2021 News/Misc.

While 99% of the motorsports world thinks Horner needs to come up with a better
pit strategy to keep Max in the front when he is there.
Insane to me, why blame Checo when you (Horner's) guys ****** up Max's pit strategy after not answering Merc's strategy?

Crazy how that works.

It would definitely help if they had the second car in contention more to help make things difficult for Mercedes but there have to be reasons why it always takes a second driver at least a year to get up to speed in their car, if they ever do at all.
Bottas has been at Merc since 2017.

Perez has been with Red Bull for four races, it helps to have cohesiveness, but Red Bull is far too impatient for that. Checo is on a one-year "prove it" deal, what's the next option if he doesn't meet their expectations?

Bottas has been at Merc since 2017.

Perez has been with Red Bull for four races, it helps to have cohesiveness, but Red Bull is far too impatient for that. Checo is on a one-year "prove it" deal, what's the next option if he doesn't meet their expectations?
IMO they need to keep Perez for another year and give him some more input in development. Gasly wants nothing to do with the team and Yuki won’t be ready. The only movement I can see is one of their F2 drivers replacing Gasly is he decides to leave.

Red Bull were determined to make Max the Chosen One from the very beginning and by now he’s developed the car for several years and it is probably far more suitable to him than any one car in the rest of the field is to anyone else. Max is so uniquely talented that he likely both makes the car look better than it is and makes the car more of a handful for teammates. If they want someone to be the Bottas type who can qualify well, get in the way, go on alternate strategies, they need to make some compromises with car and setup development. Perez himself has already said this year the Red Bull requires a totally different driving style than the Racing Point did.

IMO they need to keep Perez for another year and give him some more input in development. Gasly wants nothing to do with the team and Yuki won’t be ready. The only movement I can see is one of their F2 drivers replacing Gasly is he decides to leave.

Red Bull were determined to make Max the Chosen One from the very beginning and by now he’s developed the car for several years and it is probably far more suitable to him than any one car in the rest of the field is to anyone else. Max is so uniquely talented that he likely both makes the car look better than it is and makes the car more of a handful for teammates. If they want someone to be the Bottas type who can qualify well, get in the way, go on alternate strategies, they need to make some compromises with car and setup development. Perez himself has already said this year the Red Bull requires a totally different driving style than the Racing Point did.
This is the thing, if Bottas is let go into the market after this season. Do you think Red Bull would consider the move? Bottas is the perfect second driver, he plays right into the role Mercedes wants him to. Bottas gets a lot of flak, but he's within three tenths of Lewis most weeks.

Imagine Bottas himself with Red Bull as the "second driver". I agree, Perez needs more than one season to really get adjusted to the Red Bull. Honestly, it looks nowhere near the handful it was last season, which is a major plus for Perez's driving style.

It would definitely help if they had the second car in contention more to help make things difficult for Mercedes but there have to be reasons why it always takes a second driver at least a year to get up to speed in their car, if they ever do at all.

Doesn’t help when Perez goes out there predicting podiums. You need to back up those words.

There is merits to what Horner is saying. Perez is experienced enough to adapt quicker. I mean I think he already has. Right off the bat he's finishing just out of the podium in 4th but he's just too far behind.

Also Max shares Horner's thoughts.

“I’m also just alone in the fight,” he told Ziggo Sport.

“They can easily make a second stop because there’s a gap behind them.”

If people want to give Horner ****, then aim for Max as well, no?

Horner and Marko have worn off on Max, I see.

It was a straight fight between Lewis and Max, Red Bull was outfoxed at the end of the day.

This is the thing, if Bottas is let go into the market after this season. Do you think Red Bull would consider the move? Bottas is the perfect second driver, he plays right into the role Mercedes wants him to. Bottas gets a lot of flak, but he's within three tenths of Lewis most weeks.

Imagine Bottas himself with Red Bull as the "second driver". I agree, Perez needs more than one season to really get adjusted to the Red Bull. Honestly, it looks nowhere near the handful it was last season, which is a major plus for Perez's driving style.
Bottas seems to hate being a #2 more and more each week, just look at him refusing to cooperate with Hamilton’s strategy yesterday and making him make a real pass. He can be a very good #2 but it doesn’t appear to be something he wants to accept. I think Red Bull would only marginalize him even more, if he thinks Mercedes is difficult to work for then imagine how he’d fit with Horner and Marko. It could be something they’d consider but I don’t think it’d be a great match. They are probably better off just letting Perez get comfortable.

Just... Wow:

I'm going to go broke buying merch this year. These are just too nice.

701218591001_pp_01_mclaren.jpg

701218246001_pp_01_mclaren.jpg

Coming in to focus now why Lewis was making such a fuss about the Monaco track.
It was the last race on the contract between F1 and Monaco which was struck 10 years
ago. So now the F1 cheifs will be looking at what changes could be made before a new
contract can be struck. For me, that is one layout that needs no changing.

With all this Turkey talk, I just realized Canada was dropped as well due to travel restrictions.
Oh well. That is a start I will certainly miss along with hero's corner.

COTA, they’re in the final year of a 10-year deal that has yet to be renewed. Miami Gardens starts a 10-year deal next season.
Thanks. I'd like to go to a F1 race one of these days. If they go back to Indy, I may go there. I would definitely go to Charlotte if they had it on the Roval, but I figure F1 would never have an interest in that.

Unfortunately everything I've seen suggests we're just talking about back-to-back races at COTA. Piecing together another event at another facility would be a tall order at this late date.

LOL, Mother Nature *finally* got pissed off at F1 for creating cars that take Eau Rouge flat without lifting. This used to be F1's most famous signature corner of the entire year, but it's been emasculated by excessive downforce and changes to the curbs. Good job Mother Nature to show your displeasure!

Unfortunately everything I've seen suggests we're just talking about back-to-back races at COTA. Piecing together another event at another facility would be a tall order at this late date.
I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what they did, but I imagine it all comes down to finances. Turkey last year was put together in under three months and actually had to be renovated and resurfaced weeks before the race after not hosting anything big since the last GP there. The biggest issue would likely be whether or not the series wants to charge an exorbitant sanctioning fee.

COTA, they’re in the final year of a 10-year deal that has yet to be renewed. Miami Gardens starts a 10-year deal next season.

Wow really? It feels like they’ve only been running here for way less than that.

The upkeep at COTA is spotless. Place looks brand spanking new. I guess that’s what fools me.

Mercedes complaining about Red Bull's rear wing.

Red Bull complaining about Mercedes front wing!

It's gonna get ugly.

Mercedes complaining about Red Bull's rear wing.

Red Bull complaining about Mercedes front wing!

It's gonna get ugly.

It already has. The FIA is making a rule change that will take effect at the French Grand Prix. More like new regulations to keep the wing flexibility in check.

It already has. The FIA is making a rule change that will take effect at the French Grand Prix.

That's when the new pull tests will come on.

It's just funny all the finger pointing we are seeing. RB and Merc are decimating everyone else, and yet, they still have time to complain about each other! Like, I don't see this getting any friendlier. If anything, it's probably going to get worse, which is something I think we would all enjoy.

More like new regulations to keep the wing flexibility in check.
We see someone cheating this almost every year and the FIA still can't keep a grip on it. Last time this happened it was Ferrari, but RB has played this game in the past too.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Merc and Red Bull's advantage simply disappeared after the wing checks? Probably not likely, but since no one else seems to be involved, anything that slows them down is going to be good for everyone else. Like, maybe Ferrari and Aston can get in there, or maybe even Alpha Tauri or Mclaren. The mid field is as deep as it gets, so imagine if RB and Merc are reeled back in what we would have.

The rest of the field is not that far out of whack. If you smack down the first two teams, that just brings everyone closer, which is what we want.

Back
Top Bottom