F1 2021 News/Misc.

Doc Austin

Back From The Dead
LOL, Mother Nature *finally* got pissed off at F1 for creating cars that take Eau Rouge flat without lifting. This used to be F1's most famous signature corner of the entire year, but it's been emasculated by excessive downforce and changes to the curbs. Good job Mother Nature to show your displeasure!
F1 likes to talk about how fast these cars are, but you have almost a full car width curb in the inside you can drive right over, and not only a curb on the outside, but even more pavement after that. You have about two car widths more usable track in the corners, so it's no wonder the cars are faster.

The FIA has gone safety crazy, while they let the guys drive into each other on the straight, that is.

I'de like to see them put in real curbs that upset the car's balance, and nothing but grass on the exit, kind of like the old days when F1 was real. More dangerous, sure, but I think if IndyCar drivers can race on tracks like that so can the supposed "best" drivers in the world."

It's not bad enough we are racing phone cheese tires and phone DRS, but now we routinely race on sections of the circuit that used to be grass, but we call that in bounds and fair game.

I'll be you if you put in grass everywhere but the actual track they would not be flat through there at all. What the point of removing the challenge?

Reck

Team Owner
Apparently Hamilton and Mercedes are close to a deal. Hamilton willing to forgo much of his current salary but wants bonuses doubled, for example winning the driver’s championship.

Personally I’m surprised he’s already not getting a hefty bonus for that as it is. Wolff wants deal done by June 15.

All rumors, btw.

Kiante

Team Owner
I think Bottas isn't coming back to Mercedes next year. I think Valtteri at this point is burned out of being at Mercedes.

Honestly, if I was Williams I would bring him back. However, I doubt he goes back to Williams and just leaves F1 altogether to go to WRC or maybe WEC.

Valtteri has never been short on talent, however going against Lewis is taxing and has taken a ton out of him. I hope whatever he does, if he stays in F1 or not will excel wherever.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
The Russel to Mercedes rumors are going off the charts lately. Some outlets have said Mercedes will announce the Hamilton-Russel pairing for 2022 at the British Grand Prix.
Fitting place to do so. Bottas acts and drives like 2020 Seb so far. He may have been told already, or at least sees the writing on the wall. I’d be interested to see how badly he wants to stay in F1, he might be fed up with it all. I could definitely see him doing rallying.

Top Bottom