F1 2021 News/Misc.

Not much surprise here:

I like Zhou tbh, really good wheel to wheel racer in F2. Taken him three years to develop, which is a bit of a red flag for some, but I think he'll be fine in his role.

Not to mention, the F2 championship is far from over. Zhou has been getting a lot of unnecessary hate over this, but he's talented enough for this opportunity.

Piastri and Pouchaire will be on the radar next season, for sure. Crazy how Schwartzman has fallen off of the radar entirely for the Alfa seat.

I like Zhou tbh, really good wheel to wheel racer in F2. Taken him three years to develop, which is a bit of a red flag for some, but I think he'll be fine in his role.

Not to mention, the F2 championship is far from over. Zhou has been getting a lot of unnecessary hate over this, but he's talented enough for this opportunity.

Piastri and Pouchaire will be on the radar next season, for sure. Crazy how Schwartzman has fallen off of the radar entirely for the Alfa seat.
I thought Shwartzman was the favorite heading into the season. A disappointing season in that sense even though he’s 3rd. I wonder if a third season will really do anything for him.

I thought Shwartzman was the favorite heading into the season. A disappointing season in that sense even though he’s 3rd. I wonder if a third season will really do anything for him.
Don't know tbh.

Ironically enough, Ilott beat Zhou on merit last season. I forgot they were teammates, but with Orlen leaving at the end of the season. It makes sense as to why Alfa is doing what they are doing. Zhou supposedly has around 30 million euros or more in Chinese backing... It's hard to say no with Alfa already being kind of thin on sponsorship.

Schwartzman is an odd case because Piastri has come in and just taken over Prema. He also has SMP backing, so we'll see if he sticks around for another year. He's a very fast driver, however he reminds me of Felipe Drugovich.

Fast, but very erratic and error prone at times.

F2 news:

Verschoor should still be in the MP seat, but ran out of funding... Dude won in his rookie season in F2 as well. Beckmann is out entirely, goodness gracious and Zendelli was quick as well.

F2 news:

Verschoor should still be in the MP seat, but ran out of funding... Dude won in his rookie season in F2 as well. Beckmann is out entirely, goodness gracious and Zendelli was quick as well.

F2 shouldn’t race past October. This year’s schedule is mindboggling bad, next year is better but they shouldn’t race at Abu Dhabi still. I am interested to see Sargeant and Doohan, however.

F2 shouldn’t race past October. This year’s schedule is mindboggling bad, next year is better but they shouldn’t race at Abu Dhabi still. I am interested to see Sargeant and Doohan, however.
Deleeda and Samaia still have seats.

Doohan and Sargeant will be interesting to see, it disappointing to see Caldwell move up. He finished behind Sargeant this season in a Prema in F3...

Neat video I found on YouTube Lewis Hamilton dominating a kart race in 2000...and Danica Patrick crashing.

An Oral History of Formula One's Greatest Era (1980-2000) with Steve Nichols. (long version 2 1/2 hrs long).​

“It extends to drivers’ standards as well. They want to put in place some new rules about how we go racing, whether some strong-arm driving standards are to be enforced and regulated, that we won’t have all the nonsense we had last year.

This really needs to happen. They let Verstappen race like an idiot all year without any punishment. Is this Formula 1 or Destruction Derby?

This really needs to happen. They let Verstappen race like an idiot all year without any punishment. Is this Formula 1 or Destruction Derby?
People got so upset over Silverstone, but Max drove like a clown the entire first lap, chopping, blocking and swerving like a moron. He even tried to squeeze Hamilton onto the pit wall. Monza was just one of those things, but Imola, and later, Brazil was simply dirty driving. Whatever the hell that was in Saudi was pretty suspect too. I've never seen an F1 season so full of dirty tricks, and that's saying something after Prost/Senna/Schumacher.

All of this started with Senna squeezing Prost almost into the put wall at Estoril in 88. People forgot about that because it didn't happen again, that is, until those two started taking each other out to win the championship, but nothing was done. That's the same thing as saying this behavior is acceptable. Instead of clamping down on it, the FIA let Schumacher terrorize the entire grid for a career, chopping, blocking and swerving on everyone who challenged him like that's just how it was supposed to be done. Well, this is now how it's supposed to be done because the behavior has filtered it's way down to the lower levels, even as far down as karting. The fish rots from the head first.

If this entire mess results in the FIA making the drivers race fairly, it will have been worth it. All the dirty driving actually destroys the racing. You can't race someone you can't trust, and none of these guys can trust each other. There is simply no respect, but that's also the world we live in.

Back
Top Bottom