F1 2022 News/Misc.

Does that mean there will be 13 teams when Audi and Porsche join?
The 2020s could turn out to be a golden decade for auto racing. 3 years ago I thought F1 and NASCAR were heading for irrelevance and WEC was already there. Look at the situation now, it's awesome to see.
Porsche and Audi are looking at becoming PU suppliers for Red Bull and McLaren, the Porsche/Red Bull deal sounds pretty far along already.

The front wings are extremely far off the ground, that's gonna take a while to get used to .
When it comes to paint schemes, the Mercedes looks good, I didn't like the Alpine and the Ferrari.

It appears sales of tickets for the Russian GP have stopped with current world events but tickets are available for a Turkish GP

I think my favorite of the new cars is the Alpine. Every car on the grid is a massive improvement aesthetically. I sure hope they race well.

skysports-alpine-f1-car-launch_5681464.jpg

Gene might have to run the team on his own money for awhile. He sure hasn't had good luck with sponsors, has he?

The talk today was about the cars "porposing," and we had some of that with the last ground effects cars of 1982.

I stumbled upon some testing footage on Youtube..........

Last edited:
Been wondering about the state of Nikita Mazepin's seat. I've reserved judgment on him because I don't know where he stands other than him saying that he would like the Russian GP to continue, and that he doesn't like to mix politics and sport. Not sure if he's genuinely scot-free or innocent here but I see a lot of people Twitter saying he will be out due to Uralkali already being yanked; there's a good few calling for him to be removed regardless. Doesn't look good for him either way.

Is this any different than running under ‘RAF’? Mazepin didn’t have a flag last year either. Is it just an FIA flag now?
No clue, but guys like Kvyat and Schwartzman should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Mazepin should have his card pulled because his Dad is in so far deep with Putin. No offense to Nikita, but he should be given his walking papers.

No clue, but guys like Kvyat and Schwartzman should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Mazepin should have his card pulled because his Dad is in so far deep with Putin. No offense to Nikita, but he should be given his walking papers.
Kvyat (G-Drive/Gazprom) and Shwartzman (SMP Bank/Boris Rotenberg) both get their funding from unsavory sources, I’m not sure where that leaves them. I don’t see how the FIA and ACO could accept G-Drive Racing as an entrant in the WEC this year. Maybe Shwartzman is good enough to be wholly backed by Ferrari now, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom