F1 2022 News/Misc.

Some Dutch site is saying Spa or Paul Ricard might be pulled? I thought Vegas would just be race 24 (the max) but forgot Qatar isn’t on the calendar this year but comes back in ‘23. Losing Spa for Vegas would be a huge mistake.
If they take Spa, I'm rioting.

Hopefully, Vegas does not turn into Casear's Place part deux.

Las Vegas is a pretty cool steet race idea/revamp. 3 races is quite a lot for a country with 0 F1 drivers.
I don't think 3 races in the US is a problem. They're spread out quite a lot geographically and the viewing numbers justify adding a third race. Would've preferred to see them at Road America over Vegas, though.
Well as long as there stupid license system undervalued American series they won't get many
The IndyCar champion gets as many Super License points as the F2 champion. If Colton is somewhat competitive if he goes to F1 in 2024 it's gonna boost F1's popularity in the US even more.
Some Dutch site is saying Spa or Paul Ricard might be pulled? I thought Vegas would just be race 24 (the max) but forgot Qatar isn’t on the calendar this year but comes back in ‘23. Losing Spa for Vegas would be a huge mistake.
I'm not a fan of Paul Ricard but it would be a crime if they dropped Spa.

I'm not a fan of Paul Ricard but it would be a crime if they dropped Spa.
China comes back next year too so they do need to find two races to drop, it seems.

Imo, it’s going to hurt whenever the bubble bursts and you’re stuck with a bunch of contracts in the Middle East and America that run into some time in the 2030s and you’ve pissed off traditional fans in Europe. They already screwed over Spa attendees last year.

Is this new car very different in terms of ability to pass? There seemed like all kinds of action in the last race

China comes back next year too so they do need to find two races to drop, it seems.

Imo, it’s going to hurt whenever the bubble bursts and you’re stuck with a bunch of contracts in the Middle East and America that run into some time in the 2030s and you’ve pissed off traditional fans in Europe. They already screwed over Spa attendees last year.
30 races a year sounds like a massive overkill. I never missed Shanghai but I would've liked to see Hanoi at least once.
There was talk about a return to Africa (likely Kyalami) but I can't really think of any other countries/tracks that need an F1 race.
Barcelona was in jeopardy a couple of times but the Spanish GP has recently been extended through 2026.

It's just practice, so make of it what you will.

Magnussen got three laps in P1 and three in P2. That car ran like a freight train last week and now they can't even put five laps together.,

dPacB9xB8yVqRtbFTgJV2psZt7x3f6uslDsQBxiewt6qCn6twpqruK4_SyiXurnFA6F0ln52xg_w=s1600-nd-v1

I don't know why it's taking so long to make a decision. If it were me, I would have been out of there when the first rocket hit.

I will be glad when this race is over in Saudi Arabia.
Now a marshal being released for putting out
a tweet hoping for Lew to have a wreck similar to
Grosjeans All this for hardly any fans at the track.

Nuke this ****, but the new president of the FIA is the reason Aramco is sponsoring F1.

They aren't going anywhere from here, tbh. I wanted the drivers to not participate in this mess.
It’s insane that track design standards go out the window depending on how much money there is to be made. 170 MPH into concrete walls because they didn’t think a car could or would find a way to hit one at that speed and somehow it got Grade 1 certification. And the whole thing was built in less than a year and certified like a week before the race in December.

Factor in everything else going on at/around the place and it’s simply lunacy.

Back
Top Bottom