F1 2022 News/Misc.

There's hell to pay now. Mercedes is 2, 3 in P2. Now that they have the porposing apparently under control they can work on finding some speed, and it looks like they don't need much.

A quote from Marko?

If it was Horner or Newey, I'd take it more seriously.
I know. The guy is a scream. We probably don't understand his sense of humor, a lot like we didn't know what to think of Niki sometimes. It must be an Austrian thing.

Alot of you are sportscar fans, so here's some good news. The administration was kind enough to move the Sportscar forum to from "other racing" to it's own sub forum where it will be easier to find and get more action. Please check it out..

Jos shoots his mouth off about the team's role in his son's loss to Checo, so what does Red Bull do the next day? They sign Perez for another two years!

Now that Red Bull doesn't have Lewis, Toto and Merc to trash talk, they are turning on each other.

You always have such an eloquent way of conveying your disdain for Jos. Well done!

I don't know how the pinnacle of motorsport turned into this, but we may as well enjoy it. The trash talk last year was spectacular and Horner just edged out Toto for that championship. Marko usually makes sense until he gets wound up and then he goes off the cliff. Jos has talked a little smack before, but this time he's pointing the finger at Max' team. Yea, team unity!

Red Bull has no one left to fight, so they are fighting each other!

When your racing is terrible so people pretend to be entertained by middle school level drama

Just so I understand you guys correctly, Jos is both a graceless prick and a Grade A asshat too? Did we miss anything in the description like, say, wife beating, skull cracking sociopath?

It’s crazy that that guy is even allowed in the garage every weekend.
Come on ...... It's not like Jos is a convicted violent criminal or anything.

Oh ...... wait

“In Sochi, following the Russian Grand Prix 2019, Max Verstappen reminisced an interesting episode in his karting days. In 2012, when he was just 15 years old he was racing at an event in Sarno, near Naples, Italy.”

“I should have won that race easily,” he told The Telegraph. “On the first lap, someone overtook me and I wanted to regain my position on the next lap. I tried to pass a very fast turn, he didn’t see me and we hit. ”

“My dad worked very hard that weekend and I threw it all away. He was very angry and didn’t talk to me. On the way home, about five miles away, he said something to me and we ended up arguing.”

Max Verstappen went on to say that Jos stopped at a gas station and kicked him out of the van. He said that he was supposed to go home alone, and left the 15-year old alone. Max then called his mother to pick him up and Jos and he were not on speaking terms for a week.

He will probably loose his pit pass privalages soon enough
It seems Jos has not cracked any skulls in the F1 pits or run over any of his girlfriends in the pit lane, so there's no reason to toss him out of the paddock just yet.

Like everything else the FIA does, it's always too late, so don't be surprised if we are never rid of this guy.

Sure seems to be a lot of smoke around the Danny Ric situation at McLaren. I don't see him getting replaced mid-season but it sure doesn't seem like it's looking good for next year if he doesn't start to have better results. He probably should've never left Renault/Alpine in hindsight.

Sure seems to be a lot of smoke around the Danny Ric situation at McLaren. I don't see him getting replaced mid-season but it sure doesn't seem like it's looking good for next year if he doesn't start to have better results. He probably should've never left Renault/Alpine in hindsight.
Everyone is disappointed for Ricciardo.

It’s becoming apparent that Andretti’s hopes of getting on the grid will boil down to whether or not they can partner with someone like Audi or Honda beginning with the 2026 PU regulations. F1 want a works or heavily works-supported team as the 11th in the field.

Liberty wants to make F1 bigger in the US, right? You might think an American team named Andretti would tick all those boxes. Instead, we are getting mealy mouthed excuses. Andretti has got the money, the resources, and he knows the racing business. Why not let Andretti run?

We're going to make those nasty Americans straighten up and fly right.

......oh, wait.

6407fe4515c016ba2eac210165d37c2132749743.jpg

It’s becoming apparent that Andretti’s hopes of getting on the grid will boil down to whether or not they can partner with someone like Audi or Honda beginning with the 2026 PU regulations. F1 want a works or heavily works-supported team as the 11th in the field.

Liberty wants to make F1 bigger in the US, right? You might think an American team named Andretti would tick all those boxes. Instead, we are getting mealy mouthed excuses. Andretti has got the money, the resources, and he knows the racing business. Why not let Andretti run?

We're going to make those nasty Americans straighten up and fly right.

......oh, wait.

6407fe4515c016ba2eac210165d37c2132749743.jpg

Andretti-HAAS Autosport has a bit of a nice ring to it.

He's my favorite driver and it hurts to see him run this bad. Should've never left Red Bull to go race for a midfield team.

He's my favorite driver and it hurts to see him run this bad. Should've never left Red Bull to go race for a midfield team.

I can at least understand where he was coming from with the RB situation, a younger teammate who the team has obviously favored for the championship. But the Renault one is a bit of head scratcher. Finished 5th in points the year he decides to leave when the team had made him the pretty obvious number 1. It's all hindsight of course, but I hate to seem him struggle so much. Lando has beat him pretty handily the past couple seasons.

Back
Top Bottom