F1 2022 News/Misc.

You have to wonder if Ferrari's porpoising is causing their reliability problems.

I found this on another forum. If I read this right, Ferrari seems to have the worst porposing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 92
If that chart is correct then yea I could see that playing a role in the reliability. All of that bouncing up and down at close to 200 can't be good for the components within an F1 car

Depends on track. That was at Australia. Mercedes were the worst at Baku. I think Russell said he was struggling to see his braking markers at times.

Not sure what the solution is. A lot of people saying just raise the ride heights, but the teams won’t go out of their way to sacrifice performance for safety. Colin Chapman would be proud.

I think Russell said he was struggling to see his braking markers at times.
This is the problem I thought I would hear more drivers talk about.
It also happens in extreme vibration situations. Its scary when
your vision goes out at 180 mph. Its one big blur.

Wow.

9.5 out of 10.

Amazing how a deadly sport has become so much safer. Imagine doing that in a Lotus 49, or any of the early 70s rolling firebombs.

Juri Vips pulled a Larson and got cut from the RB Academy:

I just saw the clips…he managed to get a two-fer with the gay pink hat thrown in too.

Liam knew the man’s RB career was over immediately. Ah well, there’s always FE and IndyCar and sports cars. I don’t think he was making it to F1 anyways.

I just saw the clips…he managed to get a two-fer with the gay pink hat thrown in too.

Liam knew the man’s RB career was over immediately. Ah well, there’s always FE and IndyCar and sports cars. I don’t think he was making it to F1 anyways.
Less competition for Lawson, Daruvala, Iwasa, and Hauger.

Crazy to still think its cool to throw slurs and be homophobic.

Killed his future in F1, but he's talented and will be signed on somewhere. Imagine doing this after getting your first F1 FP1 session, too.

Good lord. Did this guy kill someone or something?

We as an organization do not tolerate abuse of any kind, unless it's Christian trash talking Toto and then we heartily approve.

I saw it and it was just a bunch of clowning around and acting stupid.

Still, unless Red Bull wants to get cancelled, they had to condemn it.

Offensive, maybe, but I have a Navaho friend who calls me Kemosabe. Then again, I have a sense of humor and know he doesn't mean anything by it.

I truly get it when bad language is used to really humiliate someone and that's dead wrong. But slipping up clowning around and getting caught by the cancel psychos is a stupid way to ruin a career.

I saw it and it was just a bunch of clowning around and acting stupid.

Still, unless Red Bull wants to get cancelled, they had to condemn it.

Offensive, maybe, but I have a Navaho friend who calls me Kemosabe. Then again, I have a sense of humor and know he doesn't mean anything by it.

I truly get it when bad language is used to really humiliate someone and that's dead wrong. But slipping up clowning around and getting caught by the cancel psychos is a stupid way to ruin a career.
Dumb way to get canned for sure, but I think there’s still a place for him somewhere. Kyle Larson showed there’s a way back, and it’s something to learn from rather than let it halt a whole career. It’s probably not even something that he’d be as conscious about, growing up in Estonia. So long as he makes amends he’s talented enough to keep racing.

And honestly, tons of athletes elsewhere get away with much worse.

It's probably not as bad as what Will Smith did but he'll be back without a doubt because he's just too good. The rich and powerful get away with anything they please, but if we say the wrong thing out lives get ruined. You can slap another man around on national TV but don't dare use a slur in jest.

$75-90 million per year per Stern and Ourand, that is higher than speculated earlier this year. I did not think ESPN would let them get away. A big question will be how this affects the status of commercials during races.

That’s more than I thought they’d get, but I’m glad they didn’t let Comcast get it back. Kinda embarrassing IndyCar has the 500 and gets maybe a quarter of what F1 gets for American rights now.

I hope they stick to their pledge of split-screen commercials. I’m okay with ESPN+ since it’s pretty good value for a bunch of college sports anyways.

That’s more than I thought they’d get, but I’m glad they didn’t let Comcast get it back. Kinda embarrassing IndyCar has the 500 and gets maybe a quarter of what F1 gets for American rights now.
I could be misremembering, but I thought the reports I'd seen for annual IndyCar rights are in the $40-50 million range? My guess is that 80-90% of whatever it is effectively being paid for rights to the 500.

$75 million is peanuts. Well, not exactly peanuts, but certainly not a lot of money for 22+ races (5 of them in North America), and each race yields five separate shows, and all this "tonnage" comes with zero production costs.

Of course, it *is* more than the $0 they have been paying.

A few months ago, Joe Saward speculated it could go for $70-75 million. He described that as a huge windfall for F1, which I thought was laughable. It left me wondering what the various European broadcasters are paying, and curious about how F1 revenues break down between media rights, sanction fees, and sponsorships.

By comparison, Nascar media rights 2023-24 are well over $900 million per annum, plus sizable production costs.

Glad to have ESPN and Sky Sports. Really enjoy the people at Sky and the commercial free races. Not sure what ESPN+ is just like I've had to search around when something is on ESPN News channel. Think I have a couple of those.

I could be misremembering, but I thought the reports I'd seen for annual IndyCar rights are in the $40-50 million range? My guess is that 80-90% of whatever it is effectively being paid for rights to the 500.
I didn’t think they were going to get more money from the new deal, they got around $20M from the previous one, but I don’t remember seeing a dollar value from the new one. I could be wrong. I agree most of it is for the 500, I don’t think that’ll ever change. It’s a tough business model. Most of the summer races are going up against NASCAR anyways because of NBC’s edict that every auto race start between 3-5 PM Eastern.

I wondered why this is now being brought up when it originally happened last November.

One would hope Piquet might learn a sliver of empathy from his children, but I guess one would be disappointed...

Piquet's daughter Julia is Daniel Suarez' long-time girlfriend. And Daniel has always had to endure racist taunts from some "fans" at Nascar races. Along with Bubba Wallace, Daniel has had to learn to ignore a lot of nasty stuff... "Go back where you belong wetback" and worse.

What action can the FIA take against a private citizen?

Which is not to say Piquet isn’t a horrible puke. He is.
They can deny him paddock access, but not much more. I don't think he cares if the suspend his super license. Throw this in there with crashgate, and the Piquets have left an indelible stain on F1.

If they are serious about the "we race as one" thing they can't let this sit, but they can't really do anything. Any lack of action will be painted as hypocrisy at best and racism at worst. No matter what they do it will be wrong. The FIA didn't even do anything and it's already a mess. Piquet painted everyone into a corner. He's going to laugh his butt off and everyone else is going to have to eat it. He's probably already proud of the mess he's created, proving what a d*ck he's always been. He probably doesn't give a damm.

My guess is the FIA will make a big stink about diversity and inclusivity and then just let this die down. They don't want any disgrace to fall on them, their championship or past champions.

Called Senna names after he died, talked **** about Prost.
He as much as called Senna gay, back when gay was considered an insult. Said Nigel Mansell's wife was ugly. Hard to believe Mansel could restrain himself after that. Lots of other crap that sort of rolled off at the time too.

Now though, what was the motivation for this? Why would you cement your legacy like this?

The guy is a real flaming anus. He may have even thrown the slur out there just to cheese everyone off and make a stink. When you're old, fat, lame, and utterly irrelevant, you gotta do something crazy, right? How do you cancel someone who doesn't give a damm?

One of Nelson's daughters, Kelly Piquet, is Max Verstappen's "partner." It's going to be hysterical watching the Red Bull trash talk machine dance around this. Are they really going to condemn their star driver's girlfriend's dad? It will be fun when someone asks Max about his potential father in law, and you can bet Horner will have an insane take on this. Only God himself knows what Marko will say, but we already know Jos is probably ready to crack a skull or two.

It's times like this we really miss what Lauda might have had to say.

Considering what happened out Yoda Vips and how he lost his whole career over something far less offensive, Piquet probably won't suffer any sort of consequence.

Yuri was just clowning around. Piquet aimed a racial slur directly at Hamilton, which is far, far, far more offensive than calling your buddy a name in jest. Yuri didn't mean to hurt anyone, but clearly Piquet did.

Why though? Only one explanation makes any sense:

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn-batman.gif

Time to revoke paddock access from these bozos, and Marko oughta stfu too. There’s only one team that constantly gets embarrassed by family members like this and RB need to take paddock access away if the series won’t. Control who’s in your own work space. Idc where it was said, but you need to dissociate from these guys and keep them out of the public eye.

Time to revoke paddock access from these bozos, and Marko oughta stfu too. There’s only one team that constantly gets embarrassed by family members like this and RB need to take paddock access away if the series won’t. Control who’s in your own work space. Idc where it was said, but you need to dissociate from these guys and keep them out of the public eye.
As much trash as Horner, Marko and Jos make, Nelson would fit fight in.

Back
Top Bottom